Horn won't blow ? ? ? [Archive] - FSB Forums

: Horn won't blow ? ? ?

dsotmoon
03-08-2003, 01:41 PM
the bronco is do for inspection and the horn wont blow, I checked all the fuses under the dash, checked the connections to the horn, when i push the horn i can hear something click behind the glove box but thats it, any suggestion or should i just replace the horn?

NOBS!
03-08-2003, 02:02 PM
I ran some wires from the horn to a dash switch because of my removeable wheel.

Check the relay

Andy351
03-08-2003, 02:06 PM
my horn started doing the same thing after driving through some BIG puddles. i can hear the click, which i think is a relay, but the horn doesn't blow. i'm sure i (and probably you too) shorted out the actual horn part. :(

NOBS!
03-08-2003, 02:10 PM
my horn started doing the same thing after driving through some BIG puddles. i can hear the click, which i think is a relay, but the horn doesn't blow. i'm sure i (and probably you too) shorted out the actual horn part. :(If that's the case he should run some test leads from the horn to the batt. and check it

gearrat
03-08-2003, 02:14 PM
well since this has popped up when i hit my horn i blow the fuse for it, and this has started after i put my new steering column in.

Big Mike C.
03-08-2003, 02:45 PM
Big puddles and the horn won't work...this mat sound stupid, but make sure it isn't clogged with mud... :finger:

MOUNTAINMAN
03-08-2003, 07:37 PM
well since this has popped up when i hit my horn i blow the fuse for it, and this has started after i put my new steering column in.

It sounds like you have a short inside the column gearrat.

Dustin
03-08-2003, 08:00 PM
its probaly your horn since you can hear hte relay clicking.....take a test light and make sure the horn is getting power, if so just put a new horn in

dsotmoon
03-29-2003, 06:36 PM
ok, i'm bringing this one back from the dead, i replaced the horn today, still dont work, i looked in my haynes manual but couldnt find a horn relay listed, can anyone tell me where its at? i hear it clicking somewhere behind the glove box or near it

MOUNTAINMAN
03-29-2003, 06:47 PM
I think the horn relay is actually mounted on the firewall under the hood. It just sounds like it's clicking under the dash. Open the hood and have somebody press the horn button while you listen for the clicking sound.

NOBS!
03-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Horn won't blow ? ? ?Does the driver??? :finger:

1982bronco
03-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Horn won't blow ? ? ?Does the driver??? :finger:

:lollol: :rofl:

offroad_joe
03-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Joe like someone said run a hot wire from your battery to the horn directly if it doesn't blow you got a bad horn, or you have a bad ground. If it blows you need to find the relay and see if it is sending out power, if it is then you have a break in the wire going to your horn. If it isn't you need to replace the relay.
Gearrat like MM said you have a short somewhere in the column.

allcruisen
03-29-2003, 09:55 PM
Who needs a horn when you have a middle finger? :finger:

Look for a metal looking relay on the firewall like MM mentioned. That is probably your problem, and Gearrat like MM said, You must of pinched a wire while installing the new steering column or it was shorting out before you bought it. Good luck, guys.

Allcruisen :pimp :pimp :pimp

allcruisen
03-29-2003, 10:05 PM
Joe, I take that back it should be a plastic relay. What year is your truck?

Allcruisen

dsotmoon
03-29-2003, 10:31 PM
its a '89

allcruisen
03-30-2003, 01:58 AM
It should be part # HB-124 {MOTORCRAFT} It shows a plastic tab where it snaps into a hole.

Allcruisen :pimp :pimp :pimp

On your 1989 FORD TRUCK BRONCO, the RELAY is:

FRONT SEATING AREA, CENTER, BEHIND DASH, MOUNTED ON DASH SUPPORT BRACE

dsotmoon
05-02-2003, 08:37 PM
bringing this one back from the dead again, i'm slow on repairs, i replaced the horn, that didnt work, felix was right about the relay, its in the glovebox basically, replaced it today (8.00 from NAPA), that didnt work either, it seems like everything in the steering column should be ok because you can hear the relay click when you push the horn, so i guess i need to test the wires and see if juice is getting to the horn at all? one of the things on my list this weekend

1. fix horn hopefully
2. change oil
3. change trans filter and fluid
4. new gas tank
5. check all fluids

bought a gas tank at advanced auto today for 112.00, have had a slow leak in mine for a couple months at least, i've had one bronco burn already, dont want this one to

BARTnRED
05-03-2003, 02:23 AM
I had both of my broncos due for inspection and found that neither of their horns worked. I lucked out with the '89 and it just took a new horn. The '94 really sucked because after spending hours trouble shooting with an aircraft electrican guru. We read out everything, ran jumpers and such, found that BOTH of the bottons in the steering wheel were inop. Didn't feel like having the airbag shoot out at me and needed to get it legal; so I just ran direct wire from the horn to a momentary toggle on the dash, via a jumper in the fuse panel.

'89 Custom 32x11.5's
'94 XL Ex-cop car
Ex-wife took off with lifted '73

dsotmoon
05-03-2003, 02:04 PM
well my wife has been telling me for the last few days it would be nice out today, so i bought all the stuff, guess what, its raining all day here :argue: