Green Slime stuff - Anyone use it? [Archive] - FSB Forums

: Green Slime stuff - Anyone use it?

joshmoney
10-23-2005, 10:41 PM
I have a slow leak in my front tire that I have to air up about every other day. I bought a thing of the "Green Slime" tire sealant. Is it a bad idea to use this in the tire of my truck? I did a search on google and all I got was a lot of people using it in lawn mower and bike tires.

Pbfans
10-23-2005, 10:46 PM
It should only be used in a emergency situation (stranded on hwy), will cause tire balance inssues and is a pain to clean up after you take the tire off to fix the real problem.

85f150
10-24-2005, 12:32 AM
you can use the fix a flat in the areosol can....usually just a thin glue. I used it all the time for my one truck that had a rusty bead....I would rather find the leak and fix it. Take a bottle of dish soap and water mixed up, squirt it all over the tire, around the rim lip and valve stem. wherever bubbles grow on the tire means there is a leak :shrug

tigertrack
10-24-2005, 04:32 AM
Tire shops hate this stuff!! When they change a tire it gets all over the place!!! LOL!!!

welndmn
10-24-2005, 11:18 AM
Its awesome!
I have fixed Many many tires on the trail, and on my honda with that stuff.
I think everyone should carry a bottle.
Don't buy the knock off stuff though, it sucks.

xmeinherzbrennt
10-24-2005, 12:13 PM
ya that shit sucks i hate when i break a bead a work and shit goes everywhere, just take some soapy water and spray bottle and find the leak and fix it if its the valve replace it if its somthing in it plug it if its the rim take the tire off clean it maybe some high tac or bang the rim wit a hammer if its not a real nice rim adn it still leaks

Cody
10-24-2005, 02:51 PM
i would only used the slime in my wheelbarow and the 4 wheelers.. that is about it, truck wise i keep plugs in the truck to fix it and i got a compressor to air it up enough to get to a station

tigertrack
10-28-2005, 12:14 AM
Plug kit and a 12 volt compressor. Worth thier wieght in gold!!