Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Pre-bent brake lines?

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Sixlitre 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a set of pre-bent brake lines for my '91 10.25 rear axle, anybody know where to find some? I'm just looking for the quick way out...I'll bend up my own if necessary :thumbup

#6 ·
InkDawg said:
This might be a dumb question so dont flame, but is there like a little tube bender you can buy to bend them or are they soft enough to do it with your hands and some basic tools?
Yeah there's several styles of bender you can get

Ask for a fuel line tube bender, as that's what most places call them. I have one, but now that I can get my brake lines with that spring already wound around them mine's gathering dust on the shelf, as they bend perfectly by hand with that spring wound line.

Did a pile of severe bends to replace the cailper to union lines over my TTB and never had to use the bender once;

Check the rest out here;

http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=4970&s=17981#content

BTW

Do the front to rear brake line and those ones I did over the TTB while you're under there. They cost like $2-$5 each and are relatively easy to get to at home in the garage.

Just imagine how $crewed you'd be if they let go on the trail or some far from home hwy (and you in your zoot suit with the wife).

The one that goes back to front has a very different sized fitting that goes on the front part. I just bought a 20" line and cut the end off one side, ditched one fitting, slipped the old fitting onto the line and had a buddy double flare that end of the line for me, then bent away.

Preventative maintenance that's the key to owning older machinery !

Sixlitre

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.