Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

My first Bronco

69K views 244 replies 111 participants last post by  My79ford 
#1 ·
Hey there, well some of you on here may know my dad (archer66) and recently i've fallowed his footsteps and added one more 79 to our driveway.

Its a 79 custom with a 429 from a 1970 t-bird, the motor was rebuilt and only has around 28,000 miles.It's blue printed & balanced, has hardened valves & seats, crane RV cam, Edlebrock intake,750 Edlebrock carb with K&N air filter, Napa lifetime warranty belts, and high output Accel coil & wires. Behind the motor is a c6 with a shift kit also rebuilt with just 28,000 miles on it. It has a 6" lift, sitting on new 39x18x15 Mickey Thomsons.

The trucks definitely rough around the edges but has a lot of potential. And for the shape the motor/tranny etc is in I think I got a pretty good deal.

Thanks for looking.

See less See more
#5 ·
Your Dad's a hard core wheeler - so welcome to the club. Nice truck.

#6 ·
Hey, thats my truck in bronco form! I gotta say that I love it! lol. I'm running a black 79 F250, i have 9" lift though, on 39" mickey thompsons baja belteds (just like you) same grill and everything (matching rust also lol) You're going to grow to hate those tires btw. I have with mine. No flat spotting though, which is cool because it is a bias ply tire. Its got its pluses I guess...

Anyway, enough of my rambling, Welcome to FSB! :beer

(And how's it feel to say to your father "my truck is bigger than yours!! ha)

#10 ·
Dude. That's awesome!

#11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments!

It was pretty funny Smok3y, when we were loading it on the trailer (needed a new rear end) he said, "well...yours definitely looks meaner than mine...". We'll see how the tires work out, but for a daily driver then wheeling on the weekends I think they'll work pretty decent.

And Northernguy, it has some rust in places (left front fender, tailgate, floors) and the paint is starting to show its age. But I guess overall its not in too bad of shape

#15 ·
Thanks, it needs some work but its getting there.

Well as I said the rear end is blown to peaces, actually the only usable item in it was the drivers side axle, but I guess carnage goes hand in hand with the big block.
But today I managed to find a third member with a detroit locker in it for $200, and we have some matching 4.11's sitting around for it as well. So it should be on the road by next week.

#22 ·
Thanks guys, well today I took the Big ugly bench seat out in favor of some low-back bucket seats out of our other 78 parts bronco, and swapped in some fresh gas and fluids so as soon as the rear ends put together it'll be road worthy

#27 ·
Well some stuff has happened since the last time I posted so i thought id share;

I got it together and drove it for a couple months, took it wheeling a few times and it did great. The last time I took it wheeling I ended up blowing up the rear end again, thus solidifying my thoughts that 1 tons are necessary.

However it isn't in my budget to buy 60's and new wheels/tires all at once, so I ended up building a 9" for my senior project at school, until I can get all my 1 ton stuff rounded up and ready to bolt in. Luckily we had some 4.88 gears and a posi unit laying around that I used.

A few Wheeling shots

The Damage;

The build-up;

and back in the driveway...

I should be picking up a Dana 60 front and sterling rear from BigDel this week for my 1 ton swap, so we'll see how long this rear end stays under it.

thanks for looking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.