Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What is the best upgrade that you have done?

71K views 305 replies 232 participants last post by  fordbronco1995 
#1 ·
I am just starting out doing mods and upgrades to my Bronco. I would rather not spend money on upgrades that I would later turn around and think were stupid. :doh0715: I am sure that you know that not very many things live up to their hype.

What upgrades have you been happy that you have made?

96ProjectBronco

#6 ·
96PROJECTBRONCO said:
I am just starting out doing mods and upgrades to my Bronco. I would rather not spend money on upgrades that I would later turn around and think were stupid. :doh0715: I am sure that you know that not very many things live up to their hype.

What upgrades have you been happy that you have made?
This is another one that depends totally on what you want the truck to do. My favorite upgrade was the one ton swap, followed by the doubled all-gear transfer case. The part that turned out to be a waste was ever messing with half-ton axles. That might be a little more work than you're looking for, though.

#12 ·
CB radio with my PA speaker...
manual hubs are nice...
new stereo and speakers are nice...
air horns are REAL nice...
ace

Reactions: MATCHBOX
#21 ·
Rebuilt engine with flathead pistons and stage I cam. Also some new headlight lenses make the truck look years newer. Does adding tow service to my cell phone count as a mod? I know that it's probably the best money spent for my rig so far. Got it after spending about $700 in tows in 2005. Some were due to break downs...some weren't.

#22 ·
SinCityBronco said:
Rebuilt engine with flathead pistons and stage I cam. Also some new headlight lenses make the truck look years newer. Does adding tow service to my cell phone count as a mod? I know that it's probably the best money spent for my rig so far. Got it after spending about $700 in tows in 2005. Some were due to break downs...some weren't.
you use a tow truck GIRLY MAN in arnold's voice

j/k

#23 ·
The mods I've done arent for hardcore wheeling but give me piece of mind when I'm out in the woods.

#1) A winch and recovery points were probably my best investment.:thumbup
#2) A rear air locker, 4" suspension lift, 35's and 456 gear swap allow me to do some "moderate" wheeling.
#4) A vinyl floor makes it much easier to keep the interior clean.
#5) Headers, exhaust and K&N help to get a little more grunt.:muscle071
#6) The CB is a cheap mod that gave me instant "*******" status :toothless

#24 ·
SinCityBronco said:
curious of how you added tow to your cell phone?? is it a service your provider has?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.