Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

High Performance E4OD

13K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  buffaloroams 
#1 ·
I just found this E4OD site the other day, Im sure some of the guys who have been on here for years have already seen this.

For the rather new guys like me, I learned ALOT just by reading all the modifications these guys can do to a E4OD. I hear alot how the E4OD is such a crappy transmission, and in its stock form that is mostly true. If you go as far as these guys go with the updates and modifications, it should be pretty much as good as anything you can find.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/E4OD.htm

Expensive? Hell yes! But so is rebuilding a transmission every 80-100k miles.
Ive looked at several other Performance E4OD shops, and these guys give you more information as to what they are upgrading than any of them, TCI, Monster, Level 10 included.

#3 ·
Ive looked at several other Performance E4OD shops, and these guys give you more information as to what they are upgrading than any of them, TCI, Monster, Level 10 included.
Yes I have seen their site as well, in fact when I replace my E4OD thats probly who im going with just because I dont have $4000 for a transmission.

I have found a local shop though that will do the swap for a rebuilt one for $1200 including "some" upgrades. They are on my list of people to go talk to. Thats a good deal as long as they upgrade the right things. That also includes picking up the truck, removing the old one and putting in the new one.

#8 ·
wow, I asked Monster Transmission to explain to me what they did to warrant the extra almost $1000 for their Super Sport E4OD ($3200 with converter). This is what they had to say.

"Good Morning Jim,

1.) What material is your Torque Converter Seal and pump seal made of? The original Silicone seals from Ford are very fragile. Do yall use the blue viton Seals?
Yes at your request we can.

2.) The 1994 E4OD Solenoid pack is different than the upgraded 95 solenoid pack in that the Diodes were relocated from the SP to the PCM in 95. When I order my transmission Can I specify using the 94 Solenoid pack?
Yes, at your request.

3.) What modifications/upgrades SPECIFICALLY do you get with the Super Sport E4OD over a stock 94 E4OD rebuild? Please include details on Hard Parts, Valve Body, SP, Clutches/Frictions.
Koleen Steel,red clutches,upgraded bushing and changes to the shift kit.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else. Thanks :)
Grace F.
Customer Care Dept.
Monster Transmission & Performance
Tel: 800-708-0087
Fax: 877-275-1615

Doesnt sound like they really bring much to the table for the bucket load of extra money. No upgrades to hard parts. Nothing even to the valve body. I dont feel bad about passing on their transmission now.

#10 ·
Sometimes I don't get why people trash some items.
Motors and Transmissions ALL eventually wear out.
But have any of you owned Chevy's or Dodge's?
I will take the durability of my E4OD any day over most of their Transmissions!

And with the right rebuild you can get a bullet proof E4OD.

Lentech RV E4OD $3500

I'm really surprised that I have never heard anyone here even mention them.
When I was into go fast cars, they were the go to company for bullet proof transmissions.

I've bought 3 myself in the past.

#11 ·
The Punisher (Paul Delpo) is who gave me the idea to ask them what they do to warrant the expense. He knew they didnt do crap. Paul actually does replace and upgrade hard parts on his builds.

From Paul.
My E4OD uses the whole geartrain from a 4r100.... Many custom machined pieces go into it.... This price does not include a converter or freight....

I wouldnt buy from either of the other 2 vendors you mentioned.....

Which were Level 10, and Monster Tans.

If my used transmission doesnt work out, im getting one of his.

#14 ·
If you are on a budget that's a good way to go.
I have done that a few times and been very satisfied with what I got.

However if you are hard on stuff like I tend to be, spending another 2 G's and getting something bullet proof are my preferences.

#17 ·
Monsters Warranty is a complete other problem. 30 Days, thats all you get if you dont get their converter. 90 Days if you do.

They really stand behind their product huh. Way behind, like over the hill, behind the barn, and out of sight, so you cant find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.