Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Transfer case - bronco vs F-150

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  m-unit 
#1 ·
I bought a 95 bronco to use as a parts truck for my 93 F-150. I went and picked up an F-150 4x4 driveshaft today and noticed a problem. The bronco transfer case has the same 4 bolt flange as the rear diff, but the f-150 shaft is for a slip yolk. What do I need to do to change the transfer case? Can it be changed? Would I be better off just getting an F-150 transfer case?

#3 ·
Cool. Thanks! I had a rough day of wrenching only to end it by finding out my driveshaft wasn't going to work! :D I'm glad to hear there is a way!

#7 ·
It's more than just the tail housing. You'll need to tear it open (which I highly recommend due to the oil pump stay-arm issues they have) and swap in a different shaft that is for an F-150.

#8 ·
I'm not sure how different the two are, but I just did this on my Bronco with an NP208. Got a transfer case from an F-150. It wasn't too difficult.

Took the bolts holding the covers for the tailshaft off.

After I took the bolts holding the two halves of the casing out, the cover came right off. Had to pry just a little bit because of the silicone.

Once the case was open, this C clip is the ONLY thing holding everything in.

Once that was removed...

The gear and tailshaft came right out. The chain is off in this picture, but you lift both gears at the same time with the chain on them.

When swapping the other tailshaft in, just be sure all the internals are lined up. There are a few things that can shift around.

Just reverse to install. Clean up the silicone, put a fresh new layer on, and bolt it back together.

I'm sure it's rather similar for the BW.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.