Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Rain water on the passenger side floor

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  LarryP 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Just as the title says, last night while driving in the rain, I looked over and saw rain water dripping down on my driver's side floor from up inside the dash. I couldn't tell where it was coming from since it was dark out at the time. It did not, in any way, smell like antifreeze.

Any idea where it might be getting in?

Three things:

1. My hood to cowl seal is completely shot. There's none of it left except for the strip that screws to the firewall, so any water that runs in can go wherever.

2. I just removed and reinstalled the heater box last month. I reused the old gasket, but it's bolted in and torqued down nice and snug.

3. I just got a new windshield a month or two ago. This is the first time it's really rained since then. Maybe a poor job of installing? I don't know where water from a leaking windshield would go though, which is why I'm asking.

It's not raining now, so I can't really trace where it's coming from, but if any one has any ideas, or common leaking areas, I'd appreciate it.

See less See more
#4 ·
It has? I don't recall reading about it much. I also did a search for it and didn't come up with anything. Usually if it's the passenger floor, it's coolant. Or, it's down the B pillars from gutter cracks, or it's in the back cargo area. Not rain water dripping from behind the glove box.

But, I'll do a few more searches. :shrug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.