Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

carrier swap info

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Toy Keeper 
#1 ·
will a dana 50 ttb carrier fit into a dana 44 low pinion front axle?

im trying to think about what it will take to put a dana 44 in my dads truck

#7 ·
My pops just bought a 87 f250. I want to get him a sas going for Christmas but I don't want to start a money sucking project for him. If I can't transfer the gears ill leave it alone until I can find a solid d44 for his truck with 410s. Thanks guys

Oh and yes it can but it wont have abs

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#10 ·
Its a bolt on swap. But don't have the 900 go throw into it. Rather do the 200 and its still will look bad ass. My dad isn't into the crazy off road shit. He will mostly be fallowing out to the trail and have tools. Simple build. Check out the truck on the build "pappa Johns Mafia build "

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#11 · (Edited)
i would waste my time on swapping anything.. unless its going to get chopped and bobbed and wheel the piss out of.... i have the same truck but i have 6.9 with a turbo and i was going to install a dana 60 . i bought.. but its not worth it .. the dana 50 rides smoother and i will never break it with 36'' tires.. it rides across the pasture way better than the 1 ton i have that has a dana 60 front
before

after after with 36' tires and spacers to run the dually wheels

#13 ·
how about an HD D44 from around a 79 or earlier F250. It will need new perches welded for the wider spaceing, but it will retain its weight capacity thouhg.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.