Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Rear shoulder harness with top off.

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Ewgoetz 
#1 ·
I pulled the top off last summer and my kids loved it and so did I. My son is big enough no that he is in a booster seat and needs the shoulder harness. Unfortunately it bolts to the top. I've thought about a roll cage install to bolt the shoulder harness to. Has anyone done anything with this. If so let me know. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 · (Edited)
This is what I did.
The build
http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=188400&page=4

I ordered the rear cage from jbg and had a local machine shop weld in bungs into the rollcage. Than I had linex coat it and match the interior color to the coating.

Well that was my old rig. I'm in the process of transferring all the goodies to my new rig.

Other option would be to get a rear seat from a older bronco with the lap belts built into it.

#4 ·
Ewgoetz, looking at the pics of your cage, it looks like it would be difficult to access the bolts at the front of the factory hardtop.

How is the access?

I'm deciding between this cage and the one from Bronco Bob.

The Bronco Bob cage main hoop is lower so access is not a problem, but this one looks better with how it lines up with the body.

Thanks for the detailed pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.