Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

84 bronco horn doesnt work

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  fartman 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I have searched, traced wires and cant follow them completely, they seem to change colors which doesnt make sense.

I bought the truck, the horn pad on the stock wheel was missing, I but a new grant wheel on it with the installation kit hooked all the wires up correctly and my horn doesnt work, , didnt work before the grant wheel either(had a spare wheel that was in bad shape but come off of a bronce that the horn was working).

I traced the wires to the horn relay (under dash near cigarette lighter)

I have 12v to 1 or 2 terminals on the relay (cant remember), I dont get any power at the horn. Can anyone give me some ideas or have had this problem before (I checked the fuses too...)

#5 ·
My horn stopped working a while back. I thought it was just the horn, replaced and still nothing. Then I would get a beep every now and then.

After tinkering, I found the problem is on the steering column. Behind the wheel on the column there is a metal ring. For some reason the ring on my truck was not making full contact with the contact pad on the wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.