Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Vista Pro Radiators any good?

18K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Black Shark 
#1 ·
I need to replace my rusted out radiator. I found Vista Pro radiators on Summit and Rock Auto. Does anyone have any feedback on the quality of these radiators? I am moving from California to Arizona and am on a tight budget. Are these radiators worth the money? I was looking at the HD/Max cooling setup.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PLI-432183/

#3 ·
I have been looking at the same brand at Summit. I need to get one soon. I don't know anything about them however if I can offer any input/advice, I would get the four row for less than $100 more than the 2 row. If you are going to be in AZ much and plan on keeping the Bronco a while, I would definitely recommend a 4 row.

Again, I understand a budget and all but money well spent IMO.

#5 ·
Scottsdale. It aught to be a hella of a change! Im a Nor Cal guy born and raised. I hope the Phonenix area has an OHV area that can rival Hollister Hills or Carnegie (as long as i can get my BKO wokring right)!

#8 ·
I just put in a new radiator myself very recently using a link from an FSB member, www.radiatorbarn.com - 2 row, aluminum center core with plastic tanks for $117.92 no tax, no shipping charge probably delivered in 3-5 days etc.....

Now I did manage to negotiate price with an O'Reillys store manager locally by bringing in the printed price sheet and got the exact same price luckily, usually it's just store to store not internet but their price would have cost me $160.22 out the door but either way you can't loose....I saved $42.30...

Try using Redline "water wetter" to help reduce internal corrosion and lower ambient and cylinder temp....costs $10.00

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

#10 ·
i got the spectra on my 88, it had 2 outputs for the overflow tank, but i fixed that with a plastic T and extra hose and its working 100%, same with the spectra fuel tank i got, both on rock auto.definitely buy them again.

#11 ·
Did you have to replace and of the brackets or bolts associated with the radiator? The entire lower portion of my radiator is rusted all to hell, including the lower support. I'm worried that stuff is gonna start snaping when i touch it with a wrench!

#12 ·
The entire lower portion of my radiator is rusted all to hell,
including the lower support. I'm worried that stuff is gonna
start snapping when i touch it with a wrench!
Holy crapola dude. :/

You got sea air there in San Jose or is your Bronco from the rust belt?
That thing ain't gonna be worth squat in the Phoenix area, sorry to say. :/

Put a wreckin' yard radiator in it if you insist on driving it to Phoenix. ;)
IMO, don't spend anymore money on it than you absolutely got to.

This is what a '91 Arizona Bronco looks like underneath...

...get yourself one just like it after you get here? LOL :)

Butthead in AZ

#14 ·
mine came with a new hardware pack only used the 4 original bolts:thumbup

2 for the fan shroud and 2 for the radiator, the radiator came with all new clips, wish i would have noticed the bag at the bottom of the box before i installed it using the old clips though:banghead

#15 ·
That one is the exact same look an demisions as mine although I don't know if it's the same brand. I installed a mechanical water temp guage on mine and it runs 195-205 always. Even with A/C on all day driving in 100 degree texas heat with 100% humidity still always stays in that temp range. I don't even think I've seen it hit 206.

2 core 3 core 4 core doesn't matter what does matter is the overall thickness of your radiator. The thicker it is, better it cools period.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.