Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ewgoetz's 1996 EB Build-up II

81K views 421 replies 67 participants last post by  Ewgoetz 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked up a new one to replace my old baby. Think this one is about equal condition to mine. Came with a 6 inch suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and 37 inch tires. Front seats are riped up and needs some very very minor body work. Rear window motor needs to be replaced. Front windshield has a crack in it and the rear view mirror isn't on. Pics of it are coming soon.:toothless

#3 · (Edited)

More will come tomorrow.

First major thing that will be done to it is removing the 3 inch body lift and swapping out to my old 33's. when the 33's are done ill be getting 35's most likely. Right now I'm thinking its a little to tall.

#4 ·
literally a step up from your last one

PUN PUN PUN

it looks good man hopefully and it will look great once you get all your equipment onto it
hows the engine and trans on it?

#5 ·
hows the engine and trans on it?
Well it drove pretty good from Orlando FL to sarasota FL. Trany is a little low on fluid. Tomorrow I'm planing to start a full maintenance on her, my nephew will be helpin me out with the work.

#10 · (Edited)
From what I understand, the for sale sign he had taped on it had 8500 on it. He also was a Florida state trooper. Was pretty cool and nice for a trooper. Ones I've met have usually been on the stuck up side. At first i though is was stolen or something illegal was going on with it since there was a troopers car parked next to it lol. I got it for 6500. Little on the high side but I haven't been able to find the same year/model/color in fl with no rust on the frame or body. And if I were to go out of state then that's some cash for a plane ticket and than the gas to drive it back.

#9 ·
well your going back down to 33's and dropping the body lift so youll probly recoupe a mpg or two but maybe its time for a deisel swap and a sas :rofl:

#12 ·
Stil got it. Stil dealing with the insurance company as well. Gonna hold off on transferring the equipment over til there's a deal made. Except on thing they told me are considered maintenance and won't add value as they claim like the distributor, wiring, or stock parts that I know are brand new or a few months old.

#20 ·
Yes will be swapping parts, nope won't be selling the booster system.

Sweet rig man need to ditch that body lift quick or raise those bumpers!!
That's the plan ATM.

Nice looking ride! Love those weld wheels.
I'm not really a fan of the wheels or the tires. Planing to put on my old ones soon. Not sure if I'm gonna sell the ones on it now or keep them to swap over for when I wana go wheeling.

So will you be offering up your wrecked bronco for salvage auction value to fsb..whole? lol
Maybe after I finish swapping over parts to my new rig. Lol

#21 ·
Didnt get around to doing anything yet to the New Bko. Moved my trailer and sprayed the New Bko's engine bay with WD40. Than went to Advanced Discount auto and got a bunch of supplies to change out all the fluids and other maintainance Items on the New Bko.
New Bko next to Old one.

#62 ·
Good looking bronco man. I saw the accident thread and sucks I really dug your ride. But good that you are keeping everything the same as the old.

The insurance company totaled your old rig and did not take it? Things must be different from FL and VA. In VA if they total it and give you the money they also take the rig, you then get a chance to buy it back for like 25% of value.

I like the tires on it but a not big fan of the wheels glad you decided to swap for your one on the old rig they look way better. :thumbup

Is this a dent in the rear quarter panel? Or the angle making it look that way.

#23 ·
Got home tonight and hosed off the engine bay than sprayed it with simple green and rinsed that off.
Poured radiator flush in the cooling system. I'll be draining out and flushing the cooling system tomorrow.
Poured a bottle of sea foam into the engine and a bottle into the intake. Let it sit and for a bit and started it up. Good thing it was dark and foggy in my area so the large amount of white smoke didn't freak anyone out in my neighborhood.

#24 ·
I don't get it. What's wrong with the other Bronco other than the bent (LR) bumper end. I obviously missed the story and mostly remember the roll-bar and linex install....gotta get on this site more often. School + Work ='s No Spare Time! :thumbup -Kevin-

#25 ·
The drivers side frame rail was pushed forward about 1/4 to half a inch. It had a crumple to the rear of the frame and in the wheel well area it was slightly twisted. So the insurance companies want to total it cause the repair is gonna cost more than 80% of the value of the truck that they are coming up with. If you drive behind the old one it will look like its going down the road sideways.

#27 ·
So that's a 6" suspension with a 3" body running on 37's? Do you notice a huge difference getting in compared to the 4" lift and would the removal of the body lift make it a lot easier or not? Your side view pictures at the gas station make it look tough to get into. I like the higher stance and the wheel well clearance but just don't like body lifts. Longer bolts, everything extended like steering, gas filler pipe, etc. Plus, the bumper gaps and even cooling issues. Boy I tell you 8 mpg is hard to swallow especially with today's prices. :cry Are the gears still 3.55's or did the trooper have them changed for the 37's? You'll need at least 4.88's and 5.13's would be better but your millage sucks already and you need to be careful with the E4OD for now if it is stock. I have 35's and 4.56's and sort of wish I went with 4.88's for a little more punch! Either way it will look great with your soft-top and roll-bar installed, Congrats!! :thumbup -Kevin-

#28 ·
So that's a 6" suspension with a 3" body running on 37's? Do you notice a huge difference getting in compared to the 4" lift and would the removal of the body lift make it a lot easier or not? -
Yes I noticed a big difference getting in and out of it.
I think it would make it easier to get in and out with out the body lift, but I also want to go to 35's as well.

#29 ·
Oh, I missed the post where you said you were ditching the body lift and putting your 33's on till they're toast then putting the 35's on. Either way, personally it's good to see you're getting rid of the body lift. To tell you the truth I would have a blast swapping one truck to another. It's kind of like having a free gift card to 4Wheel parts and buying everything you've always wanted to put on your ride. Hey I was showing my wife the pictures and she saw the part about the WD40 and the Simple Green. What is that for? Does the WD40 dissolve the grease and help it slide off? I use Simple Green all the time painting, it works wonders to eliminate 2/3rd's of all touch-ups, and on some engine parts, so I'm guessing it's just to clean everything off after the WD40 does it's trick? I've used WD40 to remove stickers, paint, and tons of other things and saw a show on TV that told the history and it was really informative but I never thought to spray it all over my engine compartment to spruce it up, always thought it would look too greasy....:thumbup -Kevin-

#31 ·
For the wd40 thing, it loosens up the caked on grease and makes it easier to come off. Also when you go to the used car dealers and they open up the hood and everything is all shiny and new looking..... It's cause they sprayed everything with wd40.

I don't have the fitment list in front of me but IIRC you can run 37's on a 6" lift with minimal rubbing and really if needed you could swap down to a 1" body lift, while you remove the 3", just to tighten up all the bushings. If you can afford to I'd keep the 37's like you said for wheeling. Hey if you can, post up some pics when you do the cage swap. I won't be doing one for quite a while but love the look of yours... :thumbup -Kevin-
In gonna be posting everything I do or swap to the new rig.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.