Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Fiberwerx quality?

12K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  michael.pennock.79 
#1 ·
I'm looking to get front fenders from Fiberwerx and read mixed reviews on the quality of their glass. Since I'm in Canada ordering them would mean I might as well keep them than lose money on shipping them back.

#3 ·
Thanks. I'm just waiting for a reply for shipping costs to Sumas and then have my wife pick them up over the border (eh I'm not allowed in the US, no passport). If I were to buy them and paid you some $$ could you check out the fenders before they shipped them out?

#4 ·
Its my understanding that quality was poor a few years ago. They stepped up there game from and are making good quality products. If you are a member of gofastbroncos talk to travisfab he works for fiberwerx. He might also be a member here as well.

#14 ·
I was wondering the same thing. The fiberwerX website says the following about installing the front fenders:

"80-96 F150’s/Broncos are slightly different than all other installs. For these trucks you will need to split the outer fender from the inner fender. To do this you will need to drill out all of the spot welds around the perimeter of the fenders. Our fenders will then install on to the inner fender using your hardware."​

They go on to say to just bolt the combined inner fender and glass.

It seems everyone on here opts to fabricate some sort of support. Can it be done like fiberwerX says or will it not be sturdy enough? Welding is beyond my skill set and I am trying to figure out if I could do this myself.

#20 ·
yes skinning is just fine. I did it to mine while I had the glass fenders on. (I had Perry's Fab&Fiber stuff for 3 years). Removed only to go back to stock sheet metal.
I think I might have a photo in Supermotors....if it works.

#19 ·
A friend of mine had a hell of a time getting Fiberwerx 03 Ram Fenders to fit good. But he's not exactly the best installer, and I wouldn't judge their quality by his job. And Bronco fenders mount a little differently.

I'll be hanging McNeil 6" glass fenders and bedsides soon, and I'll give honest feedback. We're picking them up while at KOH.
We're also going to video the process.

#21 ·
Please correct me if I'm wrong:

Is skinning when you cut out most of a given fender but leave 'tabs' so as to mount the FG panels?

That's how the Autofab FG rear quarter panels are mounted for the '80 to '96 Broncos. Using Dzus fasteners or Autofab's urethane panel mounts.

#22 ·
Actually skinning on a fender means separating the inner fender from the outer fender and replacing the outer with the fiberglass. You will need to reinforce the inner fender in this process as the fiberglass does not provide the same structure as the steel.

Other option is just to build your own tube structure to replace the inner fender. Autofab used to sell a kit for this. May still sell it, just not on the website.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.