Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Relocation of TFI

14K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  SLOFordtech 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been asked a few times about this so i thought is was time i put it on here. While doing my 347/356 swap i decided to relocate my TFI due to the amout of water i had in the dizzy the last time i had been muddin, first i went to the junk yard and pulled the holding bracket out of the newer style
and made some ajustments to it with my trusty dremmel tool

then cleaned it all up

Now with that ready for the TFI i needed to seal up the hole in the Dizzy, using some tape and marine grade caulk filled in the crack's

Now all i had to do it rewire, first i had to modify some spade connectors to fit in the dizzy and a holder for the wires

I used heat shrink connectors and some liquid tape to seal the connection. Once that was done i installed the dizzy and pulled the TFI wiring all the way back to firewall, taped up the new wiring over to the fenderwell were i put in the new mount.

I then cut the TFI wireing to shorten it up to fit nice and neet. I have yet to get any water into the dizzy and all works great :thumbup Hope this helps some of ya that have the same problem :rebelflag

See less See more
#31 ·
This is the thread I followed when I remotely mounted mine. http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191936

You can also buy the kit on ebay including the heat sink.

One thing to mention tho if you have an el cheapo Autozone or the like TFI module you should throw it away and get one from Ford or NAPA sells the Motorcraft one.

Glayd

#32 ·
See this link: RJM Injection Technologies Remote TFI Harness

This is for retaining your current PCM using your existing Gray Push Start TFI ICM. Simple, nice, clean and recommended. 1/2 price at $75.00.

You will need to provide your own:

Remote TFI module (Gray "Push Start", Motorcraft - DY1075)
Aluminum TFI heatsink
Distributor for remote TFI

--------------------------

Or, see these links:

The Ranger Station - Remote Mount TFI Installation

McCully Racing Motors - TFI Relocation Kit

Ford TFI module relocation project

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.