Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Possible to fit ATV in back?

16K views 40 replies 27 participants last post by  jamlam1 
#1 ·
Hey, I currently have a F150, but really have always loved broncos and everything about them... and if/when I blow this truck up that might be my next buy. I was just wondering if anyone has ever done or seen an ATV fit in the back of one with the cap off and I guess rear seat removed. I go riding a lot and being able to haul my quad without having to drag behind a trailer would be awesome. If I got one I'd probably just soft-top it anyway, and takin the rear seat out for good or on occasion wouldn't really matter. Just for size reference I have a 400ex. I know i've seen someone with a dirtbike in the back of one, but never seen a quad.

#32 ·
#33 ·
I believe you need a receiver hitch but ever thought of getting a "tail gator"? I see them here and there in FL and looks like a cool concept.

http://www.tailgatorcarrier.com/tailgatorproducts.aspx
That thing scares the bejesus out of me. 1500lbs hanging of of one peice of 2" square tubing? Not to mention the sweet departure angle "for ease of driving in rugged terrain, allowing you to go places you wouldn't even consider with a conventional trailer."

I'll be sticking with my trailer.

#35 ·
I've seen people do all sorts of crazy crap when I worked at the largest Snowmobile/ATV retailer in Michigan years and years ago. With that said.. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.. A cheap trailer can be picked up for under $200.... Heck I got one thrown in for free when I bought a Snowmobile...

#36 ·
With top off I would not see any issues.

That said...

If you rode 3 wheelers (like me) you could fit 2 in there. :rockon I have had *with top off, a Honda ATC 185, and 200m both in at the same time. With top on you can fit any ATC by simply airing down rears. For anyone wondering about the 3 wheelers..lol

#38 ·
dude i got pics of it somewher ill have to dig em out i use to get my 250r 3 wheeler and my cr 250r together in the back of my 79 with my tailgate shut the wheeler on the driver side the bike on the pass side with the tailgate closed and the rear wheel of my bike setting on the top of the tailgate i did end up busting the rear glass tho one day unloading my bike its fixed now but damn it was hard finding the glass for that

#40 ·
you know after really thinking about it . if you had to slam your breaks all your trusting is straps and the back of your seat for protection, i choose to pull my quad for that reason alone. Just wantred to give another aspect. its noot like a pickup thiers no walls of shet medal between you and your bike. Call me what you want but yea yea im going the safe route

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.