Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Rattling sound?????

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Gacknar 
#1 ·
Ok guys and gals,ever since i went up tray mtn. i have had this rattle or knock sound (only when hitting a decent bump) coming from the passenger side.Sounded like a shock was broke or the door wasnt shut all the way.Shocks are good,checked everything under the truck and re tightned all the bolts i could find,tightned all door bolts on the hinge and inside the door,i had one of my techs ride with me so we could locate it and he thinks its the door,but we double checked everything on and around the door nothing loose,even jerked on the door with it open no sound,just with door closed and hitting bump,anyone got an idea,please help driving me nuts,as you know by now im pretty OC about my truck and this is getting to me.:cry

#6 ·
I had a rattle once like what your describing. It ended up being the nut for the coil spring hold down wasn't tight enough and the big washer was rattling.

#10 ·
I'm not a fan of Ford stealerships and prob'ly isn't limited to just Ford since
all of 'em are run by -people-. LOL :)

The one I bought my '75 F150 from would remove the anti-rattle clip from
the driver's side disc brake pad. I shit you not.

It'd take me a week to type out all the crap that particular dealership pulled
on me and others.

-----------------------------

I've got a -rattle- under my Bronco too I can't figure out.

...It's different from the -clunk- that I think is just "C clip play" from the 8.8"
axle when the Bronco tilts. (?)

Alvin in AZ

#13 ·
Ok just to update this in case anyone else ever has this issue,it ended up being the lower hing pin bushing (that i had already replaced).The bushing split due to the rough terrain and was giving enough room for the pin to move when i hit a big hole or bump.The fix,re pin the door and realign the door with factory bushings and pins instead of aftermarket ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.