Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

i-beam tips.!

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Kingfish999 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so i bent my beam and
I was wondering what tips/tricks you old timers
Can share that can aid me in said mission...
Besides whats in the chilton. Thanx :D

#5 ·
really how did you bend it? ive bent only 2 and those were from jumping and getting some good air without any lift

any recomendations? i should be doing that to mine but this is really the first i heard of a kit. only find beams already made like that

#6 ·
Solo makes a plate kit, i wanna say southwest performance. Or do what im doing and save some dough. Look at a bunch of pictures of what others have done. Make cardboard templates and go for it. If you can find a shop with a torch mate or similar take them metal and templates to them and have them cut out. I have a buddy who can sneak me into his shop on sundays to have at it :) Its nice knowing a welding inspector for a large company.

Heres a set of extended beams that was for sale on GFB, good referance pics of what could be done. Some dont go this far but gives you a good idea of where to start should you go at it yourself.
http://www.gofastbroncos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2202

#7 ·
Thanx ya'lll well i had originally thought i was my radius arm but after swaping that out i went out and got a second and third opinion from a 4x4 shop close by .A lil bend so the beam and axle rub now...
Im a broke as uff college student !! Ima shoot to a junk!! I just want
A good "safe" easy way Of doing all this and not spend a day there. Like "shot in the
Dark" but can i just unblot the beam at the center and pull out the
Whole beam, axle , hub and roter as one peice?? Also i didnt think i could
Weld plates on to the beams like that. Would i just be able to chop up
My old beam for this??? It seems better then the few $ for it as a core.
Ohh" and this one night coming home i ran into my parking spot a lil lil to fast
And bashed into one of those cement fill poles all up in my psngr side..
I was still getting use the full size of this beast.

#8 ·
ya you can pull the whole beam with radius arm. but its difficult to put back in the same way. if you can unbolt the radius arm bracket and it will really help alot.

pics of the dmaged axle? it took nailing a half exposed cement pad doing 30mph offroad and it didnt even damage the axle, jsut bent the engine crossmember quite bad

#10 ·
Steve 83. These pix will be extreamly helpful thnx!!! im hoping ill luck sack
This job. The last time i was up at the junk i saw 2 late 90s with there psgnr
U-joints gone. Hopfully they still there and i can just pull the beam and axle
And save all the hard work for when i swwap it in. Also need to pull a
Exhasut , a few relays ;) and a thicker steering wheel. Not really a fan of cc
+ none of mye bottons work not even my hore. Ill also flash a
Few pix when i head out.

#17 ·
You could use peices of your old beam for plating on a new beam. By buttons i mean horn, cruise etc. if your cruise and horn dont work but the fuses and wiring is all good it might be a bad clock spring. Did you check out the link i posted above? Thats what a well plated i beam looks like. Some dont go that crazy but look at that one and as many as you can put your eyes on and go from there. I plating mine in some key areas and also added a front brace. Its all matter of how far you wanna take it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.