Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Hub pressure spring.

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  3ninerdelta 
#1 ·
Well I finally got my transmission in and the truck runs good. On my way home though, I lost my brakes due to bad bearings. The slop in the front wheel made me lose a brake pad. Got it towed home and started tearing it apart. When I pulled the driver side hub out, the pressure spring and the snap ring were both broken. I haven't tried junkyards yet but I can't find a replacement spring anywhere online. I also read that if you replace hubs with warn or milemarker, etc... you no longer use this spring. Is that correct? So do you guys think I should keep searching for a spring or just go buy some milemarkers?

PS. I can get the milemarkers from advance for $44.

#5 ·
#7 ·
I also read that if you replace hubs with warn or milemarker, etc... you no longer use this spring. Is that correct?
This is correct. I went with the Milemarker hubs, which I got at advance for only $36.00 after using their $40.00 off coupon. Very easy install. Everything from the old hub comes out and and it's just a one piece body that goes back in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.