Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Unusual ground strap on passenger side..

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Steve83 
#1 ·
While checking my 1993 Bronco I just bought I found this ground looking strap dangling.. I tried searching on here and found nothing showing this particular one..

Its on the passenger side from the body to?? guessing the frame?? maybe the radius arm bracket (that is rotting away and needs replacing)??

Anyone know what its for and where it goes??

See less See more
#2 ·
can attach it to body mount is where i *think* it should go.

#5 ·
those are chassis to frame grounds and aren't as critical as the others.

You could always make a new ground strap or buy one, some of the marine stores have a heavier grade of strap, I believe NAPA carries them as well . Are you experiencing any strange electrical issues?

#10 ·
I have one from the lower right radiator support to the sway-bar mount bracket but I don't see anything by the radius arm or the cat so maybe the previous owner added or moved one there. You can see the other end of the clip right there on your body bushing mount. They are just grounds that Ford used to connect everything like the firewall to the upper plenum chamber and the negative battery cable to the frame rail and then to the side of the engine block. More won't hurt but less would be bad so find a non rusted spot :haha if you can, and hook it up. Welcome aboard and nice way to pad/increase your post count...:thumbup -Kevin-

#13 ·
Thanks Steve83 for the diagram... this may make sense as a radio ground strap..

My factory radio has the clock on and turns onto a tuned channel.. but I get no noise from the speakers for like 2-3 minutes.. maybe this ground is to help ground the speakers???

I'll try to re-attach and see what happens.. can't hurt..

#14 ·
Thanks Steve83 for the diagram... this may make sense as a radio ground strap..

My factory radio has the clock on and turns onto a tuned channel.. but I get no noise from the speakers for like 2-3 minutes.. maybe this ground is to help ground the speakers???

I'll try to re-attach and see what happens.. can't hurt..
doubt it. throw the ford radio in the trash and put in a decent aftermarket unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.