Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Fuel question Bronco vs F150

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Andrew James 
#1 ·
So, as some of you may know I am swapping a 1991 F150 cab on to a 1989 Bronco frame. The Bronco was orginally a fuel injected 300 with four speed auto trans. It now has a carb and a five speed. The F150 is 2wd and EFI 300 with a five speed.

I am swapping the motor, engine harness, dash harness and cab on to the frame. I will need a different fuel pump I spose since it has been swapped for a carb.

My question is, the truck has dual tanks and I intend to use the Broncos 33 gal tank with all the wiring from the F150. Will I have any problems or can I just drop cab in with dash and wiring, plug it into the firewall with engine harness and motor and still be golden?

#2 ·
For the connector conflicts, what do you suggest?

The Bronco was EFI but the under dash wiring has been hacked completely and so has the engine harness. Hence, my unmolested F150 and its wiring...

#4 ·
I am a n00b about this, I have the motor and transmission ready to drop in the Bronco frame but now I'm looking at the wiring and the frame/chassis wiring connectors are different as you said. I mean they'll fit but different wires and in the case of one, a different color connector. I am unsure what I do really? Repinning? How do I do that? Can I just take the F150s wiring from the chassis and use it on the Bronco? I do not care about the rear window switch anywhere in the wiring, so not worried on that.

#5 ·
I'd buy the wiring diagrams for the two years and go from there myself. ;)

But you might get away with going to Autozone's website and signing up.
Fill out the information and save the vehicles in their data base then type
_wiring diagram_ in the search window.

If you got a printer you can print 'em out. :)

Alvin in AZ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.