suspension help please - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
ocpman

suspension help please

I'm working on a 1990 bronco, and on the front 4x4 I beam. the passenger side axle rubs on the housing. I had it on the alignment rack, and one of the brackets looked bent. It has a 4 inch procomp stage 2 lift. The alignment guy and I thought it was the braket. One wheel is 3/4 of inch forward the other. So I ordered a new lift kit. Removed the braket that looked bent. Put it next to the new one, and it is the same. could the I beams be bent, or is this a comin isue?
ocpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Supernaut

You may have a bent I-Beam...though seemingly rare, they can bend. You may have a bent radius arm/bad bushing. I would reccomend checking everything connected to that particular side (brackets and bushings).
Supernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
89oj

Bronco Info: 1991 FSB 351W E40D Factory limited slip 90 FSB parts rig 351w 31inch tires
you might want to make sure the rad-arm bracket is installed in the same position in relation to the other side, if not installed corectly too far foward or back your axle will rub
Old 05-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #4
landshark99
Too many broncos!

Bronco Info: 1969 and 1976 Broncos
You might have bent I beams or you have to put the brass spacers on the drivers side radius arm if you haven't already done so, even then allot of times you will have to grind out the hole so that the axle won't rub.

I had to grind it out after playing with the radius arm location for a few days.

I got the beams to be centered under the wheel wells / pivot points but i could not get the axle to clear the passenger side hole.

Seems to happen allot with the pro comp lift kit bracket, but it might just be my perception.

You are talking about this correct?

Spacer on the radius arms

I will try to find the fixed pics..
landshark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 06:27 PM   #5
samd712

Bronco Info: 95 Bronco Eddie Bauer, 351, auto, Green, 80,000 miles, stock at the moment
I put on a Pro Comp 6" lift and had the same problem with the shaft rubbing on the housing. I called Pro Comp and they said they get about 1 call for every 5 bronco lifts for the same problem. They said they did not know how to fix it and were not going to change how they make the brackets. I used a plasma cutter to notch out the housing and welded a piece of metal on the inside of the housing from front to back just in case it needed it for strangth. A guy I work with has the same lift and the same problem. He used a drill to grind out the hole to clear the shaft.
samd712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:45 AM   #6
darrman

Bronco Info: 1996 XLT
I am installing the same Stage 2 kit, and am having difficulty geting the passenger beam pivot bracket to even come close to the factory rivet holes.
The top of the bracket is hitting the inside curve of the crossmember and preventing the bracket from being seated all the way up.
Dont want to grind on the crossmember, and not a whole lot of meat on bracket, as I am needing about 3/8 inch to seat fully.
Anybody have better luck than me?
darrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > 1980-'96 Bronco Tech