ford external voltage regulator diagram - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
theramsey3
#1 Asshole

Bronco Info: 90 5.0 H.O. E4OD BW1356 3.54 3L55 32/11.50R15 Black not the one in the pic ^^^
ford external voltage regulator diagram

I am trying to help a buddie of mine wire his external voltage regulator on 73 f150 I know how to wire it to make it charge but (yes the but part) he has an idiot light and wants it to work I have searched here and many other places and am not finding anything set in stone I have found 2 different ways to wire it on google. Please help me the only way I know off the top of my head to wire it and make it work is

I-switched hot/ignition
A-always hot
S-stator
F-field
or
I-none
A-always hot
S-switched hot/ignition
F-field

now the one I found on google says to wire it this way for idiot light

I-idiot light and 500 ohm resistor in parallel-ignition
A-always hot
S-switched hot/ignition
F-field

but then another said to wire it

I-idiot light and 500 ohm resister in parallel-ignition
A-always hot
S-stator
F-field

So the question is what do i do here any one have any experience with any of this or can tell me how yours is actually wired with the blooming idiot light.
theramsey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2010, 06:17 PM   #2
RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Info: 1988
It is:

I = Indicator light
A = 12+ battery positive, this is the where the regulator judges the state of charge in the battery from. Commonly known as sense.
S = Stator, this wire goes to the STA on the alternator, and it is what tells the regulator the alternator is charging and to turn the idiot light off
F = Is the field wire. This is the wire that carries power from the regulator to rotor inside the alternator for it to creat a field with.
RRRAAAYYY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
theramsey3
#1 Asshole

Bronco Info: 90 5.0 H.O. E4OD BW1356 3.54 3L55 32/11.50R15 Black not the one in the pic ^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRRAAAYYY2 View Post
It is:

I = Indicator light
A = 12+ battery positive, this is the where the regulator judges the state of charge in the battery from. Commonly known as sense.
S = Stator, this wire goes to the STA on the alternator, and it is what tells the regulator the alternator is charging and to turn the idiot light off
F = Is the field wire. This is the wire that carries power from the regulator to rotor inside the alternator for it to creat a field with.
ok the indicator light gets wired in parallel with a 500 ohm resister and then one side of the light resister combo goes to the I post on the regulator and the other side goes to the ignition/switched power source. right?
theramsey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!