radius arm mounts - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
bigblue87bronco

Bronco Info: 1994 F-150 extended cab short bed, 4" lift, 35" BFG mud terrains
radius arm mounts

So I sold the bronco o few weeks ago but its been replaced by a 94 f-150 extended cab. It came with a 6" lift so I swapped my 35's over. The suspension kit has the dropped radius arm brackets and unfortunatly I broke my driver side radius arm yesterday. Today I bought a used 4" rancho kit with extended radius arms for 300 bucks. Its just the front kit and complete minus radius arm mounts. I even got some extra bolts, bushings, and brackets. So my question is can I get some stock radius arm brackets and modify them to work with the longer arms or do I need specific brackets?
bigblue87bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #2
Phoenix0783

Bronco Info: '95 XLT 5.8, 4" lift w/ c&t beams, extended radius arms, J40s, exhaust, 35s, 9", 4.56s
You can use the stock radius arm brackets and just move them back on the frame. You don't have to modify them, just drill new holes in the frame.
Phoenix0783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:26 AM   #3
bigblue87bronco

Thanks, now I need to find a set of stock radius arm mounts.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #4
offroad ford

Bronco Info: 88' f150
X2 on what phoenix said i run the skyjacker arms and the stock bracket and they work really well u will c a difference in the way it handles off road. Just go to the makers web site and look at there instalation manuals to c where to mount the brackets. Also be sure to clean the frame of any paint or undercoating before mounting them to prevent them from loosening up as the debri wears off.
88' f150 5.0 c-6 trans conversion 6' skyjacker full kit extended rad. arms 38.5 tsl's on eaton beed locks, currently with 8.8, 44ttb, 4:56 detroits front-rear. in the build stages Dana 60 hp 4:88 arb front 14 bolt spooled rear with custom three link and full hydro steering. 1356\1356 doubler on the list.
offroad ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
bigblue87bronco

Ok new question. Yes I searched, for all of you "search nazis" out there. Everywhere I've read on here says to move the raduis arm brackets back 15" from the stock locations but I measured the difference in the arms and the difference is 14 3/16". It seems to me that if I moved them back 15" then I would move my front tires back 13/16ths of an inch and I dont want to do that. In fact I want to move my tires about a half inch forward for a little more clearance between the tires and the back of the front wheel wells. Should I move them back the 15" everyone says to or 14 3/16 minus 1/2 which is 13 11/16" that I think they should go? And before anyone asks, no I didnt set up a plumb bob so I don't know where the beams were before. I tore it apart in a hurry to try to fix a broken radius arm and decided to go this route instead. Keep in mind these are the older, straight rancho radius arms, not the newer ones bent for tire clearance, I dont know if there is a difference in length between the two or not. I called Rancho and the "tech" guy on the other end of the line was lost too...he said that they didnt even show up in his computer any more so that kinda lets you know what you have to deal with with those guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!