New DD: Ex Game Warden Bronco- New Guy in Central FL - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #1
milesfromnowhere

New DD: Ex Game Warden Bronco- New Guy in Central FL

1993 Bronco around 124k miles, previous owner was the FL Fish and Game and they had it since 124 miles.
Crank windows and no power locks, but it is in great shape with a new paintjob in the original Game Warden Green, powdercoated rear bumper, new dual exhaust for the 5.8 351.
Runs and drives perfect, sounds great.

Looking for some new tires and wheels, but sticking with stock suspension, input is appreciated

Here are some pics:
http://chuckstrucks.iforumer.com/vie...m=chuckstrucks

Looking forward to learning more about these trucks, really enjoying the Bronco so far!
milesfromnowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 PM   #2
milesfromnowhere

Just ordered a soft top for it today, any input with that is appreciated too!
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
NM95Bronco

Bronco Info: 95 XLT 302 6 inch sus. lift ext. rad arms aod , ford 8.8, 35" Mickey T. mtz\35's
Welcome to FSB!

With stock suspension, do not goo higher than 33's on your BKO. It is hell on the standard tranny and gearing.

I am pretty happy with mine, and they are rugged looking for only 32" bf goodrich mud terrains!

gets me where my friends go....

sixlitre tuned and seafoamed GtG
NM95Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
Rockford514
Mud God

Bronco Info: 66,79,79,87
Welcome to FSB
Old 01-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #5
milesfromnowhere

Thanks guys!
I'd be happy with 32's or 33's.
Best mud/ all terrain tire on a budget?
BFG's are my favorite, but I'd like to go cheaper, input?
Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #6
joelr9801

Bronco Info: 94 351w EB FSB
Congrats on your new truck, I'm getting 32's on mine this afternoon. Mines a 94 with no lift
joelr9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #7
B-ronco 79

Bronco Info: '89 Eddie Bauer Ford Bronco 4X4
Welcome to FSB!! Nice lookin truck!

"Just be patient, I'm a work in progress"
B-ronco 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
milesfromnowhere

32's sound good to me, what brand did you go with, Joelr?

I have stock rims with hubcaps, any problems with going to the 32? its got 31/10.5/15's on it now.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #9
Broncobustin

Bronco Info: 1992 Bronco Custom
Welcome to the site! I'm in Gainesville with an almost identical Bronco (32 BFG MT, 302, gray rear bumper, and of course topless are the only real differences). So if you see a Bronco just like yours in the area driving around topless it's probably me, send me a honk or something!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
JKossarides
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco XLT 4x4 -AOD -Warn Hubs, NEW stock 302EFI (2008) All MSD ignition, 9mm FMSR wires
Welcome to FSB ~

Wow what an unbelieveably SUPER CLEAN Bronco, does it get any better ...awesome score Brother ~
JKossarides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:32 PM   #11
milesfromnowhere

Thanks again guys,
Had a little scare with it today when it wouldn't start after I had backed down a boat ramp to pull a pontoon boat out!
After I pulled it up to level ground it started fine!
Anyone have an experience like this or know why it might have happened?

Broncobustin, I will keep an eye out, but I live about 2 hours away in Haines City, Polk County area.
I'd like to get 32" BFG MT's on mine, would I need to go to a bigger wheel?
Did you find any good deals on them in CFL?
I will be going topless in the next week or so when my soft top arrives, very excited!
Does the 302 get any better gas mileage than the 351, just out of curiosity?
I get about 12 around town and 16 highway, only mod is a KNN air filter, and I am pretty light on the pedal!

Thanks again to everyone, seems like there is great comradery among Bronco owners!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
Broncobustin

Haha, yea maybe not see each other so much. Closest I am to down there ever is I'm down in Daytona/ New Smyrna every other weekend or so. But best prices I've found on the BFG MT's was at Discount Tire (They also price match and have treated me really well over the past years), may want to look around for used ones as well. As for gas mileage I'd stick with what you have, I'm at about 10-12 mpg, depends on the engine though and sounds like you have a pretty decent one. Look around and search for the different MPG threads floating around and they have a lot of info on mods to potentially increase your mpg, most common mod being the Sixlitre tune-up. Once again welcome to the boards.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
joelr9801

Bronco Info: 94 351w EB FSB
Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner milesfromnowhere! I went with BFG A/T KO's. I have them on my stock alloy wheels, I believe they r 7.5" wide and the tires r 11.5". They fit fine with no problems and dont even rub with the wheel turned all the way. Heres what they look like on my rig. BTW notice the snow in the backround I'm so jealous your tops coming off. I spent 5 yrs in FL and miss it 6 months of the year!!
joelr9801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #14
kutuka13

Bronco Info: 1995 Bronco EB, 351, E4OD, Summit Smog Shorties, Magnaflow 40 series.
Welcome to FSB.
Clean truck.
What brand soft top did you go with?
kutuka13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #15
JKossarides
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco XLT 4x4 -AOD -Warn Hubs, NEW stock 302EFI (2008) All MSD ignition, 9mm FMSR wires
Start by "pulling codes" for diagnosing the "starting" issue, for How To: www.fordfuelinjection.com ~ Free code numbers and explanations, requires using either an OBD-I or II Ford Code Reader/book costs $29.99 at most auto store.

Fuel pump and fuel relays will throw codes because they're electric...but FPR = fuel pressure regulator is a vaccum issue with no codes for that but you can test for PSI using a fuel pressure guage, costs around $15.99 at O'Reilly's last time I looked.

Check the ignition wire lead to the "starter relay" maybe it's not on securely..?

Good Luck ~
Old 01-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
milesfromnowhere

Joelr:
Love the BFG's, had them on my Tacoma and my GMC 2500HD. Look great on the Bronco!

Kutuka:
I went with the Rampage, it was the best price I found and I like cloth tops more than vinyl. I'll let you know how I like it.
Got it at carparts.com, $589 including delivery.
Of course Fedex said that it would arrive today, only two days after I ordered it with $6 shipping, and its coming from California! Let's just say it didn't show up.

JKoss:
It happened again today. I jiggled the shift lever and tried again and it started.
Please tell me this isn't a sign of a tranny problem!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #17
Broncobustin

I didn't read the post all the way through before, hope the best for you but last time I had that problem in was my transmission causing that right before it went out. It was something where it wasn't going all the way into park or something so it wouldn't crank. But I don't know anything about transmissions, just that mine ended up going completely out, hope you have something different and much easier and cheaper to fix.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #18
milesfromnowhere

Now I'm considering doing something to level the front end.
Considering the 2" spacers or the superlift leveling kit here: http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-179
Suggestions?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:08 PM   #19
milesfromnowhere

Bustin:
I hope not too!
I read about problems in the column with simple stuff and am hoping that's all it is.
Something with shift linkage or or shift lever being loose or possibly the neutral safety switch.

My only other problem is that the rear window won't roll up from the dash switch. Gonna replace the switch and see if that does it.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
JKossarides
Fullsize Member

If you have to "jiggle " the column shifter to start the BKO it's more then likely the column shift "linkage" is out of sync with the transmission and NOT necessarily a NSS issue, code 67 ~ i.e. AC circut failure or NSS......pull codes to see.

BUT,
My 86 AOD has a simple linkage/transmisson adjustment referred to in Illus. "Point A" in the Haynes Manual.

I'm not familiar with the 93 BKO so either you need to adjust the column shift linkage below or you may have an electric solenoid that controls shifting which may need to be adjusted/replaced or a throttle/transmission cable adjustment so either look in the Haynes Manual, transmission section for Illus. referred to as "Point A" for linkage adjustment procedure or solenoid/cable etc. etc.

www.broncolinks.com is a good help source of info with diagrams.

Good Luck ~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Welcome > Introductions