1995 Bronco 5.8L (bit by bit) - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-11-2011, 12:31 AM   #1
DBronco95

Bronco Info: 1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
1995 Bronco 5.8L (bit by bit)

Sorry not really sure what to label this thread, I am new to the site, but I scored a 1995 Bronco, 5.8L with about 165,000 original miles on it!!!

I will have pictures soon, but I purchased as a plow truck, and I LOVE IT!!! Last year I had a 91 Bronco, but nothing compared to my 95!

I have had many vehicles but for some reason I have poured blood sweat and tears (well no tears yet, knock on wood) into this truck. I will list a few things I have done since owning this. (Just purchased November 2010)

Water Pump (completed today actually - 2/10/11)
Thermostat -(for some reason the heat picks n chooses when it wants to be hot, usually just a light hint of warm air)

Removed a/c compressor and installed bypass- (clutch kept freezing up, thought maybe the a/c was kicking on to cause the cool warm air to come out.)

(I have flushed heater core and radiator, and also just ran the SUPER FLUSH to clean the radiator and heater core, just did that today so hoping witht he new thermostat, water pump and flush it will fix issue. If not then i am assuming the radiator and heater core will be next to be replaced)
Swapped the original auto hubs for manual hubs- (driver-side hub took a crap on me the moment i needed it the most)

Replaced U-Joints and ball joints
Swapped original 235/75/15 tires for 265/75/15 studded aggressive tires
Swapped steering column- but now the shifter is having an issue, someone said maybe the bearings inside steering wheel is causing the issue.
(shifting is loose, have to really hold shifter up past P to start, and have to feel shifter to know what gear im putting it in)

Im sure I am forgetting something, but any advice is welcomed!!!!!

I really want to keep this truck in great working condition. If there a good place that has all the replacement parts for my Bronco? I heard of broncograveyard.com a bit expensive, but any others?

I want to LIFT it, maybe better air flow intake (would that increase gas mileage or performance?)

HAHAHAHA for a good laugh, my business name is Porky's Plowing so I was thinking of Painting my Bronco PINK, and fabricate pig ears, tail and nose, hahahaha my uncle has a body shop so he says he can air brush some thing sweet!! WHAT DO THINK?

Thanks all,

Dan
DBronco95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
billybobg

Bronco Info: 1995 Eddie Bauer
Man up. Most pigs really are not pink. Go more for a boar look.
billybobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #3
DBronco95

Bronco Info: 1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8
Hahaha I like that! Thanks for the input before I made a big mistake!!! Haha
DBronco95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:51 PM   #4
lifeizhard102205
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1993 EB 351W, SAS'd 44, 37" Hummvee tires, 10.25 rear, smittybilt 12k winch homemade mount
id have to really question the identity of any self respecting male driving a pink bronco.
lifeizhard102205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
sagebrush07

Bronco Info: 33's - Leveled w/AAL - 2 10's
Maybe you can blast some N'Sync while you're driving it around
Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
Moves

Bronco Info: '96 XL 302 C6 auto, Gibson shorty, Eddelbrock headers, Summit dual plain intake, Holley 650 carb.
Pink is fine....if ur man enough to have pig ears on it, you can handle the color. Go with your dreams...
Moves is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > 78 - 96 Build Forum....Builds only