ready for lift need help picking one - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
garys b.b.b.

Bronco Info: 93'XLT 302 v8 e40d 4" rc lift 35x12.5x15 bfg at
ready for lift need help picking one

I'm looking at two lifts mostly

tuff country 4" w/arms aal #28146

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/248146.html

and

bronco graveyard 4" ultra deluxe lift w/arms #33720

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-...us-arms-9.html

going to add 35's later. so any info would be great ,good/bad ,something else !! things I'm looking for is cost and most complete kit. also are the shocks that come as a add on good for the money?or should i look else where like Bilstein's
Thanks
garys b.b.b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #2
BRONCONUT
Local # 40 Boilermakers

Bronco Info: being raped by my wrenches and welder
If you wait a bit longer you might be able to buya used one from the classifieds here on fsb. You could also try looking on some of the other bronco sites, e-bay or craigslist.

My Stupidmotors
BRONCONUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
garys b.b.b.

ya i saw a kit on c.l. but its rough country and i heard the springs ride harsh and its a block rear and i want a.a.l or new leafs. jbg seems to be a good buy i get arms and leafs
Old 02-20-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
BRONCONUT
Local # 40 Boilermakers

Bronco Info: being raped by my wrenches and welder
Do some shopping around before buying a kit, I would go with a kit that comes with a full set of springs w/o blocks or aal's. I did like the rough country arms better because of the bushing mount compairedd to the stock style mount that you get with the superlift arms.

My Stupidmotors
BRONCONUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
RebelRider2010

Bronco Info: '96 XLT. E4OD, E-T-case 351W-tune up. 4'' Rancho Lift kit. 31'' tires.
I'm eyeing up a cepek.
The America flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. Americans don't fight because they hate what's in front of them. They fight because they love what's behind them
RebelRider2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:12 PM   #6
garys b.b.b.

I never looked in to dick cepek so i just did found this kit i like the arms better it comes with blocks but i can add jbg leafs and be close to cost ..any body ridding this kit let me know how u like them...

http://www.scottsmotorsportsperforma...CFordlift.html
series II $852.00
Old 02-21-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
Ewgoetz
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB Bronco 5.8, E4OD, BW1356 Transfercase, 6 inch BDS Lift w/Procomp Leafs, 200,010Miles
I got the tuff country lift from http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...on/248146.html
as well. Only thing I had to do thought was get new leaf springs. Instead of stock springs I went and got Pro comp Leafs for a 4 inch lift. After I installed the lift the the rear had a slight sag. After I put in the Procomp Leafs in januray, The look and ride was Nice. When I get around to it, I'll be putting up those add a leafs up for sale.
Ewgoetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
RebelRider2010

Bronco Info: '96 XLT. E4OD, E-T-case 351W-tune up. 4'' Rancho Lift kit. 31'' tires.
That is cheaper than the site I had on the Cepek, Awesome!!!

I was told this is a recommended lift, it seems to be built up good. So far I have never heard any complaints. Other than it being blocked.
This is the site I had, http://extremesuspensions.com/store/...cat=279&page=1 guess I'll save some dough.
The America flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it. Americans don't fight because they hate what's in front of them. They fight because they love what's behind them
Old 02-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #9
garys b.b.b.

Ya I heard a lot of people that do a.a.l ends up sagging, so now I like the Dick cepek, radius arm brackets and arms look tough almost like bds but cheaper and I can do new leaf springs later .
Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
RebelRider2010

^^That is exactly what I planned on doing. Block it up, save for new springs, call it a day.

Now the biggest question is, 4 or 6 inch? They are the same price lol...

I will just be stuck with 31'' tires for a while so I will look ridiculous haha

--not sure if this kit comes with a pitman arm or brake lines? Something to think about as well.

Extreme suspensions has a quad front selection and the drop pitman as well, but they charge more for the kit.

Price Check anyone?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
Smok3y
FSB's Dirty Jersian

Bronco Info: 89 EB, 91 Silver Anniv, 91 F250, 79 F250
Go with skyjacker or deaver (superflex kits on JBG) you'll thank yourself at the end of the day for spending the extra money.

Skyjacker and deaver both ride and flex great, its really just a matter of what you want. You should go with a kit that has extended radius arms also, it'll help correct the negative effects of the lift on your steering set up.

Thats just my opinion. I have a rough country lift, and let me tell you, worst lifts ever made. Unless your jumping your truck, stay away from RC. Skyjacker and deaver are really the way to go.

89 Eddie Bauer - 6" RC Lift, 35" KO's, 302/c6 swap, Ford 9"
79 F250 Ranger Lariat - 9" Lift, 40" Ground Hawgs, 400/435/205, D60/D70 LOCKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigEpBlue
All I want people to do is STOP, THINK, and SEARCH. Only post if those three fail after thoroughly repeating.
Smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #12
TopGunn

Bronco Info: 1996 Bronco EB
I just installed a Tuff Country 4" on my buddies truck with the extended arms, decent kit rides okay still needs to settle in though. I also put a 6" superlift on my Bronco stock arms and I feel it rides much better than his Tuff Country. If you do get a Tuff country watch out for the instructions, the ones that came in my buddies kit were wrong for the bronco I think they may have been to an older truck or an F150.
TopGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:56 AM   #13
garys b.b.b.

[quote=Smok3y;2579615]Go with skyjacker or deaver (superflex kits on JBG) you'll thank yourself at the end of the day for spending the extra money.

Are u taking about rear leafs ? I looked and found superflex leaf set j40 4" lift for $550 that's about as high I want to go with price ..I'm saw deaver leafs on there. Web site like $700 bucks wow, will she drive like a caddy
Old 02-21-2011, 12:00 PM   #14
Smok3y
FSB's Dirty Jersian

Bronco Info: 89 EB, 91 Silver Anniv, 91 F250, 79 F250
Quote:
Originally Posted by garys b.b.b. View Post
Are u taking about rear leafs ? I looked and found superflex leaf set j40 4" lift for $550 that's about as high I want to go with price ..I'm saw deaver leafs on there. Web site like $700 bucks wow, will she drive like a caddy
I'm talking about both rear leaves and front coils. I can't say it'll ride like a cadillac, but I can tell you it'll ride as good, if not better than stock. Yea I know looking at the price your butthole might pucker a little bit, but if I could go back, I would have bought skyjacker or deaver from the door. I'm not saying that you have to, there are other great lifts out there, but I can promise you that the extra $ spent will not be a waste.

89 Eddie Bauer - 6" RC Lift, 35" KO's, 302/c6 swap, Ford 9"
79 F250 Ranger Lariat - 9" Lift, 40" Ground Hawgs, 400/435/205, D60/D70 LOCKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigEpBlue
All I want people to do is STOP, THINK, and SEARCH. Only post if those three fail after thoroughly repeating.
Smok3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #15
garys b.b.b.

Ok a year later and I'm still in same spot ...only now my bronco is siting on 35s ..and winter will be here soon so I need to do something only thing holding me back is time to install and cost ...
Starting to look at cheapest route ...1800 for a skyjacker would be nice but its far from what I can afford right now ...and then theres gears ..thinking I would of done it at same time as lift but cost ..maybe just regear back for now ...
Old 08-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
Saltlife
Beach bumming it ........

Bronco Info: 2004 F-150 XLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by garys b.b.b. View Post
Ok a year later and I'm still in same spot ...only now my bronco is siting on 35s ..and winter will be here soon so I need to do something only thing holding me back is time to install and cost ...
Starting to look at cheapest route ...1800 for a skyjacker would be nice but its far from what I can afford right now ...and then theres gears ..thinking I would of done it at same time as lift but cost ..maybe just regear back for now ...
If time to install and money is holding you back from doing a lift then you might not want to do one. Those are the two biggest things you need for a lift. Now I pieced together my lift for about $400 for all. But got RAs ttb drop brackets coils from a friend, shocks from a FSB member, leaf springs from another FSB member, drop pitman arm from another member, and hardware bought all new.

It took some time to get everything but it came out great. It took 5 guys two days to install everything (our first lift install on these broncos). And that was on a lift.

Remember if you regear the back and not the front you can't use your 4wd. Gears have to be the same.

Good luck man.
Saltlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:38 AM   #17
garys b.b.b.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltlife View Post
If time to install and money is holding you back from doing a lift then you might not want to do one. Those are the two biggest things you need for a lift. Now I pieced together my lift for about $400 for all. But got RAs ttb drop brackets coils from a friend, shocks from a FSB member, leaf springs from another FSB member, drop pitman arm from another member, and hardware bought all new.

It took some time to get everything but it came out great. It took 5 guys two days to install everything (our first lift install on these broncos). And that was on a lift.

Remember if you regear the back and not the front you can't use your 4wd. Gears have to be the same.

Good luck man.
Dang 5 guys ..well its just me ill get my brother to help with heavy stuff . and my 1st lift it will in a garage with jack stands ..lol that part seems easy its the gears that have me a bit worried
Old 11-26-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
garys b.b.b.

Ok so I finally ordered my kit ...so its Been awhile but I went from doing a full suspension kit to sas to kit to gears ..lockers... and back and forth a few hundred times I could easily drop 4 grand into this but I'm not building a rock crawler or a dune racer ..its basically a mall crawler I know but for me its just looks . I don't go to the mall ..

So I found some 35" at bfg. Tires with rims for a deal and went with them put them on and hacked away front bumper just to get her to roll around but I didn't feel comfortable driving with it so close ...

So I went about as cheap as I could to lift it 460 bucks got me a 4" rough country lift kit with rear blocks ...o well
Old 11-26-2012, 04:20 PM   #19
BigBlue&Goldie

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 5.8L, E40D, Stock......for now!
If it's just looks you are after, that kit will serve you well. You can also upgrade down the road.
BigBlue&Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
wdford

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 351W, E40D
We just installled the Pro Comp 4" kit with the rear leafs. One word of warning here regarding a quad front setup:

Radius arm issue

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!