High Performance E4OD - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #1
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco Eddie Bauer edition, 302 MAF, E4OD
High Performance E4OD

I just found this E4OD site the other day, Im sure some of the guys who have been on here for years have already seen this.

For the rather new guys like me, I learned ALOT just by reading all the modifications these guys can do to a E4OD. I hear alot how the E4OD is such a crappy transmission, and in its stock form that is mostly true. If you go as far as these guys go with the updates and modifications, it should be pretty much as good as anything you can find.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/E4OD.htm

Expensive? Hell yes! But so is rebuilding a transmission every 80-100k miles.
Ive looked at several other Performance E4OD shops, and these guys give you more information as to what they are upgrading than any of them, TCI, Monster, Level 10 included.

My Build Thread - http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=191067
jowens1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
The_Green_Goblin

Bronco Info: 95 ford bronco, 5.0L V8, M5OD trans, manual BW 1356, Warn Premium hubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens1126 View Post
I just found this E4OD site the other day, Im sure some of the guys who have been on here for years have already seen this.

For the rather new guys like me, I learned ALOT just by reading all the modifications these guys can do to a E4OD. I hear alot how the E4OD is such a crappy transmission, and in its stock form that is mostly true. If you go as far as these guys go with the updates and modifications, it should be pretty much as good as anything you can find.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/E4OD.htm

Expensive? Hell yes! But so is rebuilding a transmission every 80-100k miles.
Ive looked at several other Performance E4OD shops, and these guys give you more information as to what they are upgrading than any of them, TCI, Monster, Level 10 included.
check out www.monstertrans.com or monster transmission they seem to be pretty good. they sell monster in a box kits and can sell u a rebuilt trans and a reasonable price. check them out and maybe call and tell them what ur after and they could maybe build one for u. That's all I know about trans shops never used them but ive heard good stuff from them, Ive only ever had manuals.
The_Green_Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

Quote:
Yes I have seen their site as well, in fact when I replace my E4OD thats probly who im going with just because I dont have $4000 for a transmission.

I have found a local shop though that will do the swap for a rebuilt one for $1200 including "some" upgrades. They are on my list of people to go talk to. Thats a good deal as long as they upgrade the right things. That also includes picking up the truck, removing the old one and putting in the new one.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
justin
BRONCO WIZARD

Bronco Info: 96 XLT/5.0/E4OD
I put 220K trouble free miles on my first E4OD with just a handful of fluid changes before the motor gave way.

Like anything else, maintenance is key along with keeping it cool.
justin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 01:25 PM   #5
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

Definitely true, but if you have built motor and bury it to the axles every weekend in mud, stock just doesn't cut it.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
rcracerx

Bronco Info: 5.8 m5od 33" cooper STT removed sway bars msd ignition, MAF swap with open filter, SAS, M15000
Quote:
Definitely true, but if you have built motor and bury it to the axles every weekend in mud, stock just doesn't cut it.
doesn't matter what you have, if you're hard on it and put it away wet, it doesn't last as long.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #7
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

Yep

Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #8
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

wow, I asked Monster Transmission to explain to me what they did to warrant the extra almost $1000 for their Super Sport E4OD ($3200 with converter). This is what they had to say.

"Good Morning Jim,

1.) What material is your Torque Converter Seal and pump seal made of? The original Silicone seals from Ford are very fragile. Do yall use the blue viton Seals?
Yes at your request we can.

2.) The 1994 E4OD Solenoid pack is different than the upgraded 95 solenoid pack in that the Diodes were relocated from the SP to the PCM in 95. When I order my transmission Can I specify using the 94 Solenoid pack?
Yes, at your request.

3.) What modifications/upgrades SPECIFICALLY do you get with the Super Sport E4OD over a stock 94 E4OD rebuild? Please include details on Hard Parts, Valve Body, SP, Clutches/Frictions.
Koleen Steel,red clutches,upgraded bushing and changes to the shift kit.

Let me know if I can assist you with anything else. Thanks :)
Grace F.
Customer Care Dept.
Monster Transmission & Performance
Tel: 800-708-0087
Fax: 877-275-1615

Doesnt sound like they really bring much to the table for the bucket load of extra money. No upgrades to hard parts. Nothing even to the valve body. I dont feel bad about passing on their transmission now.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
JBfab

Bronco Info: 94 C150 prerunner 351/zf/maf. To many mods to list.
Get yourself a rebuilt with some upgrades and get a punisher valve body. Punisher will work with you to find the valve body you want. If you dont like it send it back and hell send ya a differant one better suited to your likeings.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #10
buffaloroams
Man with a Golden ticket

Bronco Info: 96 blackout XLT Sport 5.8L E4OD, 4" Rancho w/ 35" MTR's
Sometimes I don't get why people trash some items.
Motors and Transmissions ALL eventually wear out.
But have any of you owned Chevy's or Dodge's?
I will take the durability of my E4OD any day over most of their Transmissions!

And with the right rebuild you can get a bullet proof E4OD.

Lentech RV E4OD $3500

I'm really surprised that I have never heard anyone here even mention them.
When I was into go fast cars, they were the go to company for bullet proof transmissions.

I've bought 3 myself in the past.
buffaloroams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #11
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

The Punisher (Paul Delpo) is who gave me the idea to ask them what they do to warrant the expense. He knew they didnt do crap. Paul actually does replace and upgrade hard parts on his builds.

From Paul.
My E4OD uses the whole geartrain from a 4r100.... Many custom machined pieces go into it.... This price does not include a converter or freight....

I wouldnt buy from either of the other 2 vendors you mentioned.....

Which were Level 10, and Monster Tans.

If my used transmission doesnt work out, im getting one of his.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Halli

Bronco Info: 95 Eb Stock
Our dealership sells the one for my truck @ $1,754.50 exchange and has a 3 year unlimited mile warr, with ford giving a mail in rebate of $150.00 bucks.
That's really not bad and at least it ain't nowhere near the 3k mark.
Halli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Seattle FSB
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 EB FSB, MAF, 6.7L, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 4.56, 33" on 15x10 Alcoa's
Again, look at the Level 10 Transmission. I am very satisfied in all aspects, including customer service. Roughly $2500.00 with your core, $3500.00 built from scratch. They do have a very nice billet torque converter, but you can run what you want.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
buffaloroams
Man with a Golden ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halli View Post
Our dealership sells the one for my truck @ $1,754.50 exchange and has a 3 year unlimited mile warr, with ford giving a mail in rebate of $150.00 bucks.
If you are on a budget that's a good way to go.
I have done that a few times and been very satisfied with what I got.

However if you are hard on stuff like I tend to be, spending another 2 G's and getting something bullet proof are my preferences.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #15
bulrid8

Bronco Info: 1990 4x4 351w
Brians truck shop. Hands down the best e4od on the market. He builds mainly for the diesel racers. But, can do anything you want.
bulrid8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #16
miesk5
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
Quote:
yo HALLI,
I've heard only good things about that.
and;
Remanufactured Transmissions & Engines - Motorcraft® Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com @ http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/...ogs/ptm200.pdf
19.38 MB pdf

get some estimates from the; Distributors (listed in Catalog above) & Ford; Ford has a good guarantee and the Qual is up there. And the Ford reman trannys/engines do not need to be installed by a Ford Dealer.
Look at this Excerpt;
"...Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines
Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48121 (“Ford”) provides the following Limited Warranty on Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Dealers (each being a “Dealer”) or general Installers (each being an “Installer”). This Limited Warranty provides that Ford will credit the Dealer or Installer for repairing or replacing, at Ford’s option, any Ford or Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmission or Gas Engine sold by Ford that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
Retail Customers: To obtain warranty service, please return your vehicle to any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealership or return to the Installer who
originally installed the Ford or Motorcraft Engine or Transmission Assembly in your vehicle. Please have your original dated receipt for installation date verification.
Complete Gas Engine Long Block Assemblies (6006/6V012) and Transmission Assemblies (7000/7V000/7003)
• 36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage Short Blocks (6009/6V009), Cylinder Heads (6049/6V049) and Crankshaft Kits (6303/6V303) for Gas Engines
• 12 months or 12,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage
Warranty Start Date
Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines installed by the Dealer or Installer—warranty begins on the date of installation

• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold by Dealer or Installer over-the-counter or to a retail purchaser—on the date of sale Limitations to the Warranty
The following limitation applies to the products covered by this Limited Warranty
• Towing charges are not reimbursable for Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold
over-the-counter by a Dealer or Installer..."

read more incl the;
"No-Risk" Core Return policy means accurate quotes for engine and transmissions are no problem. 100 percent core credit will be given (regardless of damage or quality of returned core); just follow these guidelines and the return runs
smoothly.
• Returned core is the same part as the assembly purchased
• Core is 100% complete with all parts attached and all fluids drained and is returned in original package..."

my broncolinks.com was "disturbed"; but some sections are archived @ [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20121009110424/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php
select a LINK, Right Click & Hit Properties; copy the second HTTP address; paste in a new browser window or Tab to see original page
miesk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #17
jowens1126
Fullsize Member

Monsters Warranty is a complete other problem. 30 Days, thats all you get if you dont get their converter. 90 Days if you do.

They really stand behind their product huh. Way behind, like over the hill, behind the barn, and out of sight, so you cant find them.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
Halli

Bronco Info: 95 Eb Stock
Quote:
Originally Posted by miesk5 View Post
yo HALLI,
I've heard only good things about that.
and;
Remanufactured Transmissions & Engines - Motorcraft® Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
verification.
• 36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
"
Now Unlimited mileage........
I did forget $30.00 crate fee.........

Yeah for stock it's the way to go, for Snow I am not sure but one thing is for sure....... Ford parts are Not made by your TAX DOLLARS....haha.
Halli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #19
buffaloroams
Man with a Golden ticket

Quote:
Now Unlimited mileage........
I did forget $30.00 crate fee.........

Yeah for stock it's the way to go, for Snow I am not sure but one thing is for sure....... Ford parts are Not made by your TAX DOLLARS....haha.
No kidding! they seriously lifted the mileage restriction on their warranty?
That's an even better deal now.

I've only had to use it once but it was sure nice to drop off the truck and get R&R for Free!

And yes, knowing my tax dollars aren't causing me to pay for it twice makes it an even better deal!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!