Who makes the best remanufactured crate engine? - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
Keek007

Bronco Info: 1987 6" lift, 33" tires,302 engine,crazy driver!!
Who makes the best remanufactured crate engine?

Iv been looking around the web and see several options. Efi, carb, 302, 351 ect. Want to replace my old mill with a new one and ain't looking to blow the doors off anybody. Just something reliable that has enough juice to turn 35" tires with 4:56 gears. Would like a 351 but the more I think bout it I might just get another 302 and rebuild the factory fool injection, I'm thinking about the money saved from not swapping to a carb setup. Anyway I'm looking for decent quality and price. Y'all the experts. Iv read reviews for a million venders and found a couple that look ok. Still mulling around the roller vs non roller thing.
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
LarryP
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
Moved to correct area

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
LarryP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #3
BigWheelz

Bronco Info: 1978 Bronco, 466 EFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryP View Post
Moved to correct area
80-96 forum??
Old 09-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
chapter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco,6" suspension lift,3" body lift,Edelbrock carb and manifold,Exhaust ,stale bag of dorritos
motorcraft.......just sayin
chapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #5
miesk5
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
yo,
For ar short or long block,
Get a price locally, then check out

Remanufactured Transmissions & Engines - Motorcraft® Brand, Broncos & all Ford vehicles
Source: by fordinstallersupport.com @ http://www.fordinstallersupport.com/...ogs/ptm200.pdf
19 MB pdf

get some estimates from the;
Distributors (listed in each Catalog above) & Ford; Ford has a good guarantee and the Qual is up there. And the Ford reman trannys/engines do not need to be installed by a Ford Dealer

Look at this Excerpt;
"...Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines
Ford Motor Company, The American Road, Dearborn, MI 48121 (“Ford”) provides the following Limited Warranty on Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines to Ford, Lincoln and Mercury Dealers (each being a “Dealer”) or general Installers (each being an “Installer”). This Limited Warranty provides that Ford will credit the Dealer or Installer for repairing or replacing, at Ford’s option, any Ford or Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmission or Gas Engine sold by Ford that is found to be defective in factory-supplied material or workmanship subject to the following terms, conditions and limitations:
Retail Customers: To obtain warranty service, please return your vehicle to any Ford, Lincoln or Mercury Dealership or return to the Installer who
originally installed the Ford or Motorcraft Engine or Transmission Assembly in your vehicle. Please have your original dated receipt for installation date verification.
Complete Gas Engine Long Block Assemblies (6006/6V012) and Transmission Assemblies (7000/7V000/7003)
• 36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage Short Blocks (6009/6V009), Cylinder Heads (6049/6V049) and Crankshaft Kits (6303/6V303) for Gas Engines
• 12 months or 12,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates
• If installed by a Dealer, reasonable towing charges (up to 35 miles or to the nearest Dealer) are covered only if the vehicle is not covered under
another towing insurance coverage
Warranty Start Date
• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines installed by the Dealer or Installer—warranty begins on the date of installation
• Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold by Dealer or Installer over-the-counter or to a retail purchaser—
on the date of sale
Limitations to the Warranty
The following limitation applies to the products covered by this Limited Warranty
• Towing charges are not reimbursable for Ford and Motorcraft Remanufactured Transmissions and Gas Engines sold
over-the-counter by a Dealer or Installer..."

read more incl the;
"No-Risk" Core Return policy means accurate quotes for engine and transmissions are no problem. 100 percent core credit will be given (regardless of damage or quality of returned core); just follow these guidelines and the return runs
smoothly.
• Returned core is the same part as the assembly purchased
• Core is 100% complete with all parts attached and all fluids drained and is returned in original package..."
======
Halli wrote on 30 DEC 2010 that
For a Ford Reman 5.8 long block it is $2308.00 exchange.
2210.00 for a 5.0
These are Ford dealer prices in the Mid-South

Reman 5.0 = $1914.56
19 MB pdf
page 39

GL!

my broncolinks.com was "disturbed"; but some sections are archived @ [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20121009110424/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php
select a LINK, Right Click & Hit Properties; copy the the second HTTP address; paste in a new browser window or Tab to see current page
miesk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #6
chapter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 83 Bronco,6" suspension lift,3" body lift,Edelbrock carb and manifold,Exhaust ,stale bag of dorritos
• 36 months or 36,000 miles from warranty start date, whichever occurs first. Ford will cover 100% of all parts and labor at approved warranty reimbursement rates

there doing 3 yr unlimited mileage warrantys now =)
chapter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #7
Gacknar
The Anti Yam!

Bronco Info: 86 Bronco XLT 357w/AOD
Easiest way to swap from a 302 to a 351w is to get a complete engine from a junk yard.

If you want to stick to a 302, most remans are of fair quality.

I usually prefer to use a local machine shop instead of a reman house, better customer service. Especially if you want any mods done.

My SuperMotors Site - My Engine

The Greatest Thread on FSB
Gacknar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #8
djsguns

Bronco Info: 1994 Bronco XLT 5.8L & 1992 F-250
Jasper engine you get a 3 year unlimited milage warrentee on it. You can also purchase an extened warrantee that will cover any labor costs.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #9
1989f-1504x4

Bronco Info: 1990 eddie b 302 6inch lift 36'' TSL's an a big cooler
dont get one from advanced auto there overpriced pos
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
Gacknar
The Anti Yam!

Bronco Info: 86 Bronco XLT 357w/AOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989f-1504x4 View Post
dont get one from advanced auto there overpriced pos
How so?

My last 302 was a RECON engine from Advanced, I was pleased with it and it's price. But that was 10yrs ago, has something changed?

My SuperMotors Site - My Engine

The Greatest Thread on FSB
Gacknar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!