Wanted: Borg Warner 1356 Service Manual - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
Dastad
Arizona

Bronco Info: 1995 Stock Height
Wanted: Borg Warner 1356 Service Manual

Second time around, can't find the first time I posted this question. Does anybody know where I can get a copy of the Service/Shop Manual for the Borg Warner 1356?

I have the exploded views; but, I want more detailed specification type information related to rebuilds. Thanks.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels... If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him. -Autobiography of Mark Twain
Dastad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2011, 01:04 AM   #2
Bruno2

Bronco Info: 1987 Full size 351 Windsor lots of power mods C6 beefed up BW 1356
I just read this and it disappeared . Someone replied and wanted to know if you needed it for the electric or the manual style, but, I dont know where the thread went or who it was that replied. Maybe a mod moved it to another section. Try to go to quicklinks. Then click on your profile. When that page loads look for a box that says statistics. When you click on that it should ask you if you want to find all posts by you or find all threads. Select threads and if it was moved you should be able to access it from there. If it is in another section the chances of whoever replied seeing your next response will be slim to none. However, if you send the person a private message you could probably get your answers from them.
Bruno2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:14 AM   #3
Jasonhughes2009
I scrape on both sides

Bronco Info: another rig that runs on crapoline
that'd be me. its probably on broncolinks. if not I can mail you the complete diagram and proceeded instructions that alldata has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyroc14 View Post
If only I could have 6 of his 32 inches!
Jasonhughes2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
miesk5
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
yo,
As Jason mentioned, see my broncolinks.com site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=70
1356 Description & Operation, Diagnosis & Testing, & Special Service Tools & Equipment from 1996 Bronco-F-Series Workshop Manual
Source: by Ford
it is Not the complete Manual, but does have a lot in it and combined w/other Links there..you can troubelshoot it.
Also see;
Four Wheel Drive (4X4) General Information, Operation & Troubleshooting TSB 92-1-8 for Bronco, F Series & Ranger (COMPLETE); Includes Electric Shift On The Fly (ESOF) Troubleshooting & Hub Operation; same for 87-96; Source: by Ford via Chilton

And that Manual that Jason can send you is prob the Best..thanks to JASON!

my broncolinks.com was "disturbed"; but some sections are archived @ [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20121009110424/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php
select a LINK, Right Click & Hit Properties; copy the second HTTP address; paste in a new browser window or Tab to see original page
miesk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:22 AM   #5
Dastad
Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonhughes2009 View Post
I can mail you the complete diagram and proceeded instructions that alldata has.
YES. I'd appreciate alldata instructions. Thanks.

I thoroughly disapprove of duels... If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him. -Autobiography of Mark Twain
Old 11-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
miesk5
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL 5.0 E4OD, Man Xfer/Hubs
yo,
In my site I also have;
1356 Electric & Manual Shift General Information, Operation & Troubleshooting, Parts Break-Out Diagrams, Rebuild, Wiring Diagrams, etc. in a 92 Explorer, but Similar
Source: by Ford via http://www.forddriver.ru/storage/51.pdf

Parts Diagram looks same as Bronco 1356 exc for maybe a seal or snap ring
I compared the diagrams awhile ago for someone else in a PM; but had to delete it due to storage limits.
I compared Steve83's diagrams to the above.
BW 1356 Electronic Shift-On-the-Fly (ESOF)

IF THE IMAGE IS TOO SMALL, click it.

1356 Manual Shift Parts Break-Out Diagram w/nomenclature
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.org/clubs/sup....php?id=249572

&
1356 Manual Shift Rebuild in an 88 F 150
Source: by allfordman at http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=135334

my broncolinks.com was "disturbed"; but some sections are archived @ [url]http://web.archive.org/web/20121009110424/http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php
select a LINK, Right Click & Hit Properties; copy the second HTTP address; paste in a new browser window or Tab to see original page
miesk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #7
Dastad
Arizona

So, to reactivate this thread...I appreciate the information here; but, is there a definitive BW 1356 Shop Manual that has all specifications for individual parts to measure wear? To what resource do transmission shops refer?

Old 11-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
Jasonhughes2009
I scrape on both sides

got the papers in my backpack just need to find the time to upload them for you.

Quote:
Old 02-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #9
3x3customs

Bronco Info: 1989, 5.0, aod transmission push button 1356, 31" tires.
I'm having 1356 issue and don't have the cash for a rebuild. I'm looking all over and cent find a 1356 out of a bronco with electric shift.

I can find f150 electric shift, or bronco manual shift.

My questios are, can I use guts from a manual shift to replace the parts inside my electric shift t-case?
Can I put the bronco tailshaft and housing on a f150 case?

Can I swap the electric shift case around the manual shift guts?

I have a bit of transfer case experience, mostly jeep tj short shaft conversions. This shouldn't be too different if the parts fit together.
3x3customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #10
Jasonhughes2009
I scrape on both sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastad View Post
So, to reactivate this thread...I appreciate the information here; but, is there a definitive BW 1356 Shop Manual that has all specifications for individual parts to measure wear? To what resource do transmission shops refer?
holy hell, did i ever get the all data stuff to you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3x3customs View Post
I'm having 1356 issue and don't have the cash for a rebuild. I'm looking all over and cent find a 1356 out of a bronco with electric shift.

I can find f150 electric shift, or bronco manual shift.

My questios are, can I use guts from a manual shift to replace the parts inside my electric shift t-case?
Can I put the bronco tailshaft and housing on a f150 case?

Can I swap the electric shift case around the manual shift guts?

I have a bit of transfer case experience, mostly jeep tj short shaft conversions. This shouldn't be too different if the parts fit together.
the f150 is identicle

Quote:
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 AM   #11
3x3customs

Bronco Info: 1989, 5.0, aod transmission push button 1356, 31" tires.
Everything is better. Replaced the guts with the stuff from a manual shift case.
3x3customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!