E4OD Front Pump Bushing (not the seal) - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Giddy-Up

Bronco Info: 96 White 351w D44-TTB, 8.8, E4OD with Punisher Valve Body
Exclamation E4OD Front Pump Bushing (not the seal)

hello,
to introduce myself I got my first bronco about a year ago for my 16th birthday and soon after discovered this site and would like to say thanks for all the info on here.
And now to my question. I have recently started having problems with it i had a fuel pump go out which caused a chain reaction that ended up with my tranny nearly overheating which blew out my front pump seal. I removed my tranny and bought new seals for the front pump. that was all straight forward thanks to many other threads on that. my problem occurred when i went to replace the bronze? bushing just behind the seal. it appears to be installed backwards of how it should be. So I guess what i'm asking is how do I remove the old bushing and which direction should the new one be installed???
thanks in advance oh ya and ive searched
the pic is not mine (its is what i think is the correct orientation) on my pump the bushing is upside down from what this is which i think is wrong?
Giddy-Up is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Giddy-Up

Just to add an update for those who search. it has been several months now problem free not a drop of fluid, I ended up bringing the front pump to a tranny shop and as it turns out the bushings orientation in the above image is incorrect. the shop seemed familiar with the E4OD problematic front seal and enlarged the drain back hole, which is just under the lip of the seal. hope this helps out someone
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 AM   #3
LarryP
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
That pic is wrong cause some times when a pic is taken the image will get flopped or reversed. Good job on having the bushing changed, alot of ppl over look that when putting a new seal in.

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
LarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Giddy-Up

thanks, i noticed when i was replacing the seal that the bushing was scored so i decided to replace but thankfully the torque converter was just fine and actually appeared very new
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!