Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Ol Reds Ol Rig (94)

66K views 377 replies 63 participants last post by  OlRed94 
#1 ·
I decided to start a build thread for my 94 XLT 5.8 Auto. Back in mid 2011 my girlfriend of 4 years dad suddenly passed away leaving us to raise her 13year old brother and his 96 dodge ram 4x4. Making the best of it I decided I'd build the dodge since I really wanted a project, well shortly after starting on it my buddy BlacknTan96 showed up with his new 96 Bronco and immediately was able to convince my girl to let me ditch the dodge and finally get a Bronco (glad he did cause I couldn't tell her I didn't want her dads hunk of dodge turd) though a cool turn her older Brother from San Diego told us he wanted the dodge for a project of his own (they have different dads) so we sold it to him and picked up our 94 Bronco for $2800 and I dug in. Well that's the back story and tomorrow I will start posting some pics I've been collecting, I hope this thread helps me to learn to document my work better as I tend to take pictures before and after forgetting the whole middle section :doh0715: and :beer to all who follow along

Thank you :thumbup

#3 ·
So that first day I took it out I snapped an Axle just messing around some dirt. Well My boys at THE SHOP found me a good deal on a Solid 44 since I didn't have the money to go one ton yet so rather quickly after getting it I jumped into a SAS.

Had my girls little brother pulling the gears from the TTB for someone that wanted them.

My buddy talks shit about color coordinating everything so I figured the shocks would be WAY cooler red (until I got some bigger longer ProComps)

Purple Coil Buckets Compliments of BlacknTan96 (had him make adjustments to them at his shop and left them too long so they became purple.)

GO ANGELS (made a stencil and Rhino Rattle Can'd the A)

#13 ·
BTW the Solid 44 came with a Lincoln Locked 3.55 stock gears so they match my rear, however I'm awaiting a set of 4.56s and Air Lockers a buddy is getting rid of but for now I'm riding 3.55s with a locked Front and LS rear.
Here is her maiden Voyage, I was a little dumb and didn't air down for the Mud :doh0715:

#23 ·
Thanks the bumper was a good starter I just had to fab some little things reenforcement and lite tabs,
The bar came out of a bronco and thought it was the ford factory one but than I researched it and it's a smittybuilt "lite bar" not structurally a roll bar but I love the look, and I think it would protect a little in a minor roll, but I guess they stopped making it

#26 ·
Here some re enforcements so I can use it as a hi jack point

Light tabs

Front receiver recovery point

And the axle how it looks after plenty of trips rocks and mud dif still looks good, and the black pro comps (rhino rattle can black)

#28 ·
It rides good Im re doing the tie rod joints drag link joints to stiffen up the steering, trac bar is stock, the trac bar mount I chopped up the ttb drop brackets to fab a mount I'll post a pic of that so you can see, as for the drag link I chopped up shorten the stock 78 one and sleeved it with dom tube it cause it's longer for 78 broncos with the steering box outside the frame

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.