Questions about my future build - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:55 AM   #1
95BlueOne

Bronco Info: 95 stock 351w
Questions about my future build

This may or may not be in the realm of the Noobie section so feel free to move it. I have an 84 F150 2wd with a 4 speed manual transmission (not sure if its bw or np). I want to do a manual transmission swap, lift and SAS at the same time, to my 95 bronco, in order to only buy one set of drive shafts I am lookin to buy a married np435/np205 combo since no matter what the trans i have is useless being 2wd. My questions are what parts will I be able to use from the pedal assymbly all the way to the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and starter? The clutch/fw/pp were brand new 10 yrs ago less than a mile on them. With the combination of the 351w and np435 what trucks should i look for a bell housing out of? What are some major concerns with the pcm other electronics and fitment? Who do y'all recomend for drive shafts local shops in Mississippi or online? Keeping in mind that I will be doing a 10.25 Dana 60 swap so it will basically be an F350 will the 6" F350 Skyjacker Lift System come in handy or do I buy some components from it? I want this project done right by me I am an experienced mechanic by trade. I also want it to come in at less than $8000 including new 38.5s and wheels is that reasonable? I know it's alot of questions but my build will start in roughly 100 days so I'm trying to get the last bit of info I need. Thank you guys for the help.
95BlueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #2
Steve83

Bronco Info: '83 VIN & title on '93 frame/body w/'95 4.9L & EB paint
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BlueOne View Post
...a 4 speed manual transmission (not sure if its bw or np).
Aluminum top cover = NP435; cast iron = BW T18/19. Read this caption & fill in your profile, AND create a detailed signature. Location would be good, too.

Quote:
in order to only buy one set of drive shafts ...
You don't have to buy any driveshafts. Just have the current ones cut for length after everything is put back together. But depending on how much you lift it, they might work as-is. You can't properly set up the driveshafts until you have the truck's full weight on the suspension.

Quote:
what parts will I be able to use from the pedal assymbly all the way to the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate and starter?
If you're asking about using the '84 pedals in a '95 body: NO. Everything else depends on what engine & transmission each one has now, which is why it's important to put that info in your profile & signature. Post the details of the '84.
Quote:
The clutch/fw/pp were brand new 10 yrs ago less than a mile on them.
"Brand new 10 years ago" = "OLD". If they have no wear, then you MIGHT be able to reuse them, but time doesn't stop just because a vehicle isn't driving. Sitting is harder on a vehicle than running hard.
Quote:
With the combination of the 351w and np435 what trucks should i look for a bell housing out of?
All engines in the smallblock family (which includes a V6, the I6, a few V8s, and even an early version of the 4.6L modular) share a bellhousing pattern. Several manuals share a front bolt pattern. So the bellhousing can come from a LOT of pre-'90 trucks & vans.
Quote:
What are some major concerns with the pcm other electronics and fitment?
Concerns are as major as you make them. If you know your wiring, it's no big deal. If you don't... But without more specifics FROM you, I can't give many TO you.
Quote:
Who do y'all recomend for drive shafts local shops in Mississippi or online?
Mobile, or Tupelo? We don't know what "local" is to you.
Quote:
I also want it to come in at less than $8000 including new 38.5s and wheels is that reasonable?
Do you know where all your local junkyards are? Are you willing to spend a LOT of time in them?

. .
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
95BlueOne

Bronco Info: 95 stock 351w
Thank you for the response I'm stationed in gulport/biloxi area so drive line shops around there. I'll work on my profile now but the 95 bronco and and the 84 f150 both have the 351 windsor. I've figured up my parts list as close as possible without actually going to junkyards i'm deployed to africa now. but here's my list so far.
-Shopping List
*Salvage Yards
Rear Axle (A and B Auto Salvage) $250.00
Front Axle (? car-part.com) $1000.00
Transmission (Bobs Auto Salvage) $175.00
Transfer Case (A and B Auto Salvage) $100.00
Bell Housing (Avant Salvage Company) $175.00
Total =$1700.00
*Napa
Clutch and Flywheel and Bearing (Napa #NCF 1107015) $121.22
Clutch Slave Cylinder (Napa #73147) $35.99
Clutch Release Fork (Napa #BK 61551181) $36.49
Clutch Master Cylinder (Napa #NCF 72177) $43.39
Clutch Hose (napa #BK 8075299) $35.99
Total =$237.08
*Four Wheel Parts
Wheels x5 $1059.95
Tires x5 $1915.75
Mounting and Balancing $49.95
Lug Nuts x7 sets $41.93
Lift System $1421.01
Shipping $153.66
Total =$4920.79

Combined Shopping List Total =$6857.87
I'm mainly concerned with how the computer will react without the e4od the ford 10.25 will have the speed sensor so i know the speedo will work right after recalculation the lift will be the 6' kit modified im sure to hopefully not to exceed 8' overall. I know how to identify the np435 but ive been looking everywhere for a list of 4x4 fords they came in. most of my parts will come from my home state of ga since most of my ms are very limited or have terrible customer service. Again thanks for the help.
95BlueOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Other Forums > Anything Else