had a few hours this weekend - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
captbo
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 78, xlt 351M ,1992 EB 5.0, 1995 xlt 5.8
had a few hours this weekend

so I attacked the sagging drivers door hinge repair, I bought two new pins/ busching , and proceeded to have at it!.. I found it easier to remove the six bolts holding the door on and cut the expired pins out!, easy enough!,, I had to bang on what was left of the old buschings in the top hinge , the ones in the lower hindge were gone and the hole that once held them were oblonged now by the PO neglect!~,, I made a press to install the new busching made of a 5/16 bolt nut some large washers and a socket, it seemed to work ok but when I removed it it had turned the busching to dust, I when to the tool box where I found an other hinge pins that had bronze busching and they installed like they were designed. My fix for the lower hinge was to weld some washers to the A post side of the hinge but I could not establish the exact location of the washers to align the door so I guess I will buy a lower hinge,, both pass side and drivers side appear to be the same hinge. the spring detent is just upside down on the opposite side,, My bride got inside and vacuumed out the truck, the funky red interior brightene up a bit with the mud being sucked up!,,
captbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
psychlopath
Ranger: 2001 - Present

Bronco Info: 1979 Freewheel'n, PowrLok, ARB, OBA, and anything else I can cram in
So, I've been wanting to do this, but I cant justify the price that JBG is asking for both doors.

What kit did you use?

There are plenty of cheap kits I've seen online but they all claim to be for 1980+ or for Mustangs.

I'm willing to bet these would work, but I'm not going to buy them to find out I've got to buy a Mustang to put them in...

Did you notice any wear on the actual pin? I HAVE seen just the bushings for sale...
Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #3
captbo
FSM Lifetime

JBG has the pins for $9.00 the buschings were wore on the top hindge and "gone" on the bottom so I just had to order a new one for the bottom $59. with shipping!

Its not very difficult and I should have taken pictures but!!! my Nikon has misplaced itself!,hahahaha
Bo
Old 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #4
captbo
FSM Lifetime

JBG care package arrived today, a hood hindge spring!, when I bought the truck the hindge was broken.. no problem straighten it out, grind down to clean metal Tack it on each end of the break ! and weld it up !,, would have been great had I done this when I removed it from the bronco so I went and lost the spring and had to buy a new one !! The lower door hindge should be here Weds !
Old 11-21-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
CBboots
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 79 Custom, 460, C6
No pics, didn't happen.
My 79 build http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=207864 - Aluminum 3-core radiator, Mallory 85 HEI conversion distributor, High Angle Driveline One Tons front and rear, JBFAB Twin stick shifter kit, True trac differentials front and rear, Yukon 4.56 gears front and rear, Moser Extreme 31 spline rear axles, Borgeson adjustable steering shaft and rag joint, 95 amp 3G alternator, Fireguy/RJM Tech upgraded headlight harness, and a ton of other crap!
CBboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #6
captbo
FSM Lifetime

very sad subject

Christain!, I usaully have my Nikon never far from me. I photo doc lots of things but somewhere around The begining of Nov my camera rig turns up MIA, I carry a D -80 and a few lenses in a lowprow sling style back pack, the contents of which was near $3000. it is usaully in one to two places if its not on me, and its in neither!, I am sick about it , no forced entry My truck is always locked and there is other valuables in there that are un touched My home is the other place and My very Large Chesapeake Bay Ret. "Tug" guards the place ! so I am praying to the patron saint of lost stuff St. Anthony to hep me recover it !!! my cel phone cam is junk !

******UPDATE NIKON FOUND****** Happy Thanksgiving !
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #7
TNT89Bronco
How did I get 6 Rigs??

Bronco Info: '79 351M NP435 and '78 Custom 400M C6 w/sliding windows
As a fellow "camera guy", I can understand how you felt when your camera lost itself. I would drop to the ground in an emotional wreck if my gear came up missing.

Glad you found it!
'78 F250 460 C6 Camper Special
Check out my '79 Restoration Project...http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=203050
TNT89Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
captbo
FSM Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT89Bronco View Post
As a fellow "camera guy", I can understand how you felt when your camera lost itself. I would drop to the ground in an emotional wreck if my gear came up missing.

Glad you found it!
My feelings exactly !, I just kept going over in my mind the last place I had it ! So when It "found itself" I opened al my Pelican boxes to account for everything !
Old 11-23-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
captbo
FSM Lifetime

here is my drivers side lower hinge
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #10
captbo
FSM Lifetime

she is about done!

lookslike someone PO stuck a stick ( wood) into the door latch, I did not yank it out because I have to figure what it is doing and if its broken I would like to have the parts on hand!,, here is a shot of the pin in the upper hinge and the complete lower repl !,,and a few interior shots for the heck of it !

Now I have a hood hinge to weld !!
Attached Images

Last edited by captbo; 11-24-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
CBboots
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 79 Custom, 460, C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by captbo View Post
Christain!, I usaully have my Nikon never far from me. I photo doc lots of things but somewhere around The begining of Nov my camera rig turns up MIA, I carry a D -80 and a few lenses in a lowprow sling style back pack, the contents of which was near $3000. it is usaully in one to two places if its not on me, and its in neither!, I am sick about it , no forced entry My truck is always locked and there is other valuables in there that are un touched My home is the other place and My very Large Chesapeake Bay Ret. "Tug" guards the place ! so I am praying to the patron saint of lost stuff St. Anthony to hep me recover it !!! my cel phone cam is junk !

******UPDATE NIKON FOUND****** Happy Thanksgiving !
Dude, that woulda sucked big time. Very happy for you. On a lighter note...my wife helps me "recover" stuff that gets "stolen" all the time....translation, I leave chit all over the place and can't find it.

I'm liking your interior....it always nice to see one that isn't all butchered up. I hate seeing one getting all tore up, "because it's a trail rig".
My 79 build http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/...d.php?t=207864 - Aluminum 3-core radiator, Mallory 85 HEI conversion distributor, High Angle Driveline One Tons front and rear, JBFAB Twin stick shifter kit, True trac differentials front and rear, Yukon 4.56 gears front and rear, Moser Extreme 31 spline rear axles, Borgeson adjustable steering shaft and rag joint, 95 amp 3G alternator, Fireguy/RJM Tech upgraded headlight harness, and a ton of other crap!

Last edited by CBboots; 11-25-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: to add a comment
CBboots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
wdford

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 351W, E40D
Wow I don't envy you midwest to east coast Bronco owners. You experience a level of rust and degradation that I can hardly imagine.

My hinge fix at 200+ k miles consists of a 4x4 and a floor jack to resolve sag.

I did hear a comedian say that we're the first generation with the ability to say, "I've lost my phone." And not sound like we're somehow mentally deficient... As for the camera I had visioned a tiny little pocket camera!!
Old 12-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
captbo
FSM Lifetime

just scored a sharp looking Lokar style trans dipstick,, bolting this thing on WIlLL be a diamond in the rough! hahahaha ebay $4.99 19.95 shipping !!!
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > 1978-'79 Bronco Tech