Seat Covers - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
BigBlue&Goldie

Bronco Info: 1993 XLT, 5.8L, E40D, Stock......for now!
Seat Covers

My front seats are all torn, but the foam and mechanisms are in great shape. I'm thinking of getting some Wet Okle seat covers to clean things up. My search only brought up old threads; does anyone have any recent experience with them or pictures?

My other option is to take them to an interior shop, but I like the idea of the neoprene and the price is comparable.
BigBlue&Goldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
BigBlue&Goldie

Crickets......chirp.......chirp.......
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
Seattle FSB
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 EB FSB, MAF, 6.7L, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 4.56, 33" on 15x10 Alcoa's
1989 - Brand new seats...

2012 - 23 year old seats (with Wet Okole covers)!
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #4
phobos2deimos

Bronco Info: '86 302, Bassani Y, 3" exhaust, 6l ignition, 33" KM2, Saginaw, Drop in K&N, Chopped Top
A lot of guys on the Jeep forums get them, I'd check there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnforgiven View Post
you could use your own piss as brake fluid, it would just boil at a lower temperature.
phobos2deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #5
BigBlue&Goldie

Seattle FSB,

How well have the seat covers held up? Do you feel they were worth the cost?
Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
DavidDFW

Bronco Info: 1996 EB 5.8 351w
i just received neoprene and neosupreme swatches from coverking. Id suggest getting a swatch if its available as I was surprised at the difference in "tan" between the two.
DavidDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 PM   #7
BigBlue&Goldie

Good call, I'm leaning towards the charcoal grey, but I would like to see just how light "light grey" is.

I was looking at the Cover Kings as well, but it seems the Wet Okle products generally get better reviews.......at a higher price though. My biggest concern is how they will hold up to the AZ summers.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #8
wdford

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 351W, E40D
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue&Goldie View Post
Seattle FSB,

How well have the seat covers held up? Do you feel they were worth the cost?
+1 they look great but do they breath? Are they comfortable? I took my covers off as the tore up leather was cooler than the covers.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Seattle FSB
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1990 EB FSB, MAF, 6.7L, E4OD, 4" Rancho, 4.56, 33" on 15x10 Alcoa's
Can't speak for the AZ summers, but in the Pacific Northwest they have held up very well. My goal was to have them look as original as possible.

I really like the excellent custom fit that covers the entire seat, back and arm rests. They make the seats look original. They are water resistant and clean easily with soap and water. I received both Tan 17 and Mocha 235 colored swatches. The Mocha 235 was a very close match to the original fabric seat material (keep in mind I have a 1990 with Captain's Chairs). I ordered the covers with Full Piping and entirely in Mocha so they came out entirely one color for an original look.

My Wet Okole covers are currently 7 years old and still look great. I originally paid $285.00 for the front pair and see that they are now $308.00. Wet Okole does offer Wet Suit Shampoo and UV Protectant for your type of climate. Swatches are easily available from their website and they a very customizable. I am sure that you can find a cheaper seat cover but I tend to be very particular and think I have found the best for my application.

As a side note, I also had my original seats redone with memory foam cushions and new fabric. Very comfortable. The covers protect my investment.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #10
wdford

Bronco Info: 1995 EB 351W, E40D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle FSB View Post
Can't speak for the AZ summers, but in the Pacific Northwest they have held up very well. My goal was to have them look as original as possible.

I really like the excellent custom fit that covers the entire seat, back and arm rests. They make the seats look original. They are water resistant and clean easily with soap and water. I received both Tan 17 and Mocha 235 colored swatches. The Mocha 235 was a very close match to the original fabric seat material (keep in mind I have a 1990 with Captain's Chairs). I ordered the covers with Full Piping and entirely in Mocha so they came out entirely one color for an original look.

My Wet Okole covers are currently 7 years old and still look great. I originally paid $285.00 for the front pair and see that they are now $308.00. Wet Okole does offer Wet Suit Shampoo and UV Protectant for your type of climate. Swatches are easily available from their website and they a very customizable. I am sure that you can find a cheaper seat cover but I tend to be very particular and think I have found the best for my application.

As a side note, I also had my original seats redone with memory foam cushions and new fabric. Very comfortable. The covers protect my investment.
Seattle FSB thanks for all the great information, 7 years is huge for how they look. My foam is an 8 out of 10 with the typical outer lower driver side sag. I've got the same interior and will be ordering the wet okole's next week.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #11
BigBlue&Goldie

Yeah, thanks for the reply! I think I will bite the bullet and get some on order.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:20 PM   #12
philwb3

Those look really nice. Mine in my 93 EB need covered might look into some.
philwb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 AM   #13
chris808

Bronco Info: 1996 Bronco XL, 351W, Automatic trans, 31" tires
I would recommend Wet Okole covers even tho I haven't got them in my Bronco yet. I know a lot of people who have had them for their cars & trucks, and I haven't heard a single complaint (and this is in Hawaii, where they get a bit more UV damage and beach wear and tear).

I keep meaning to buy a set, but my stock seats are still in good shape.
chris808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #14
1980ranger

I have ad these covers in a few jeeps pver the years and loved them. They breathe very well and are very comfortable. Theinital prices are high but the covers were still on the jeeps when i sold them and in good shape.
1980ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!