SAS Brake lines to Bronco - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
subrubicon16

SAS Brake lines to Bronco

Hey everybody, nearing the end to my SAS bronco build, stuck on one thing tho. I have a Dana 50 axle, How and what brake lines will fit fron the D50 f250 axle to my 95 Bronco? Very very confused. 11in of lift on the bronco. All leaf sprung, no blocks.
subrubicon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #2
helirich

Bronco Info: 90' 351/E40D 38" tires, 4.88 gears, full float 8.8, lockers F&R
I dont have your answer, but I do have a question. Are you going with single drop or double?
helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
subrubicon16

Quote:
Originally Posted by helirich View Post
I dont have your answer, but I do have a question. Are you going with single drop or double?
single or double drop? meaning what?
Old 01-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
JBfab

Bronco Info: 94 C150 prerunner 351/zf/maf. To many mods to list.
He means are you going to drop one line to the axle and split it (like the rear)or drop two lines down to the calipers.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #5
subrubicon16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfab View Post
He means are you going to drop one line to the axle and split it (like the rear)or drop two lines down to the calipers.
probably drop 2 lines, one to each caliper, but i dont know the difference between the two, and i dont know if i order f250 brake lines if they will fit to the bronco fittings or what exacty i have to do or buy.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #6
JBfab

Bronco Info: 94 C150 prerunner 351/zf/maf. To many mods to list.
Well you said 11" lift so your looking at some long lines to begin with. Might be in your best interest to find a local line builder. Take one of your stock lines and a new caliper with you. That should be all they need to build you a set.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #7
subrubicon16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBfab View Post
Well you said 11" lift so your looking at some long lines to begin with. Might be in your best interest to find a local line builder. Take one of your stock lines and a new caliper with you. That should be all they need to build you a set.
well i see crown makes a set for up to 12" lift, but not sure if they will fit to the bronco fitting because they are for f250 calipers. And if i go to a line builder, if i can find one near by, will they be able to custom build me lines, one side for the f250 calipers and then the other side to fit the bronco? and why do i have to bring a new caliper? why not the caliper that is on the axle already?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
cajunrebel
Chillin on the Gulf Coast

Bronco Info: Blue 89' EB 5.0, E4OD, OBDII, Mass Air, Saginaw, Hydroboost, 3G alt
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrubicon16 View Post
well i see crown makes a set for up to 12" lift, but not sure if they will fit to the bronco fitting because they are for f250 calipers. And if i go to a line builder, if i can find one near by, will they be able to custom build me lines, one side for the f250 calipers and then the other side to fit the bronco? and why do i have to bring a new caliper? why not the caliper that is on the axle already?
You can certainly being that caliper that is on the axle. Thats what he meant. The new to the Bronco caliper. If you find someone to make you brake lines locally (Napa stores sometimes do) then they can make either end whatever you need. Just make sure that you get a good measurement of how long you need your lines.
cajunrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
subrubicon16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrebel View Post
You can certainly being that caliper that is on the axle. Thats what he meant. The new to the Bronco caliper. If you find someone to make you brake lines locally (Napa stores sometimes do) then they can make either end whatever you need. Just make sure that you get a good measurement of how long you need your lines.
Ok great, ill try that, i have a NAPA near by. and is there any website that sells special lines for our SAS trucks in stainless? i see every SAS thread using stainless lines but i have no idea where they get them from
Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #10
cajunrebel
Chillin on the Gulf Coast

Bronco Info: Blue 89' EB 5.0, E4OD, OBDII, Mass Air, Saginaw, Hydroboost, 3G alt
Many are custom lines. You need to find out what type fittings you have and then use that to see what hoses you need. If you know what you have then you can see what other vehicle uses the same ones. Chances are that there is some type of Ford that used the same fittings that you have.
cajunrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!