receiver hitch - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
cjy01

Bronco Info: 1996 ford bronco 33' mt
receiver hitch

does anybody have install pictures for receiver hitch install for a 96 ford bronco
cjy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #2
oakback

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco Custom 302 C6
Have you looked at etrailer.com? They have install pics and/or vids.

link for '96 bronco hitch

The vid on this one is for an F150, but in the comments below, someone says:

Quote:
I installed this receiver on a 1995 Ford Bronco. Plan on about 3 hours for installation on this truck because access to the frame is blocked by the gas tank. I found it easier to lower the gas tank instead of trying to fish the bolts with a wire. Good fit and quality construction. Instructions were simple and complete, including torque specs. Video of the F-150 install will give you a good idea of what's involved.362
I promise I'm not a shill for etrailer.com. I haven't used them for my Bronco (yet), but I did buy a hitch from them for my Mazda minivan, and have been pleased.
oakback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
LarryP
Thanks 351w500

Location: Northcentral,CA.Twain Harte, up here in the mountains
Bronco Info: 88 Centerion 460 Dana 60/10.25 78 Bronk Cromo shafts,Detoit 4.56's lift 7" Deavers 38's 9"rear disk
moved

I take Prayer Requests. God Bless
LarryP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
black95-302/M5OD

Bronco Info: also a white96-302/E4OD and a 1993 F150 SC XLT 2WD 351/E4OD
It's definitely a PITA to put a receiver hitch on a Bronco. I didn't want to mess with dropping the gas tank, and I couldn't get a fish wire to work (probably both a lack of finesse and not wanting to wallow out the mounting holes), so after much cursing and gnashing of teeth I thought of using one of those little 4-prong spring-loaded pickup tools. I used the pickup tool and a little duct tape to hold the bolt and slid it down the inside of the frame rail, and was able to drop the bolts right into the holes. It was a pretty tight fit on the driver's side because there's more stuff on that side, as I recall, but it ended up working pretty well for me.
black95-302/M5OD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!