Tail Light Wiring Issues - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
AFBronco235
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 91 Bronco w/ 5.0 L V8, Auto w/ E40D
Tail Light Wiring Issues

Okay, here is the situation. My right turn signal won't blink, but my left one does, so I don't think its the blinker module. Also, my hazard lights won't flash. They just come on and stay on. I did have to rip out some wiring that the PO had installed. Or I should say, tried to install. The idiot tried connecting one of the wires to the air shocks air line! Anyways, he also decided to cut and strip the wires in a way that I can't even begin to describe. So I had to rewire the lights. I'm fairly certain that I got it all put back together.

I'm gonna head outside and look it over again in a few hours to double check, but I'd like ot hear your input on this. If nothing was flashing, I'd just replace the blinker module, but since the left is blinking, I'm not sure what is wrong.
1991 Bronco w/ 5.0L V8, Auto w/ E40D trans, factory spare tire rack, factory limited slip diff, dual batteries, custom air intake, 8K lb. winch, tactical seat covers, drop down TV w/ CD/DVD player, 31's on stock suspension, roof baskets, new injectors,

To Do List: light bar, paint, new tires (33's), new rear bumper w/ tire rack & jerry can holder, hi-lift jack

My BKO build: Project Farmhand
AFBronco235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
novimustang

Bronco Info: '91 Silver Anniversary 5.0
I'm having a somewhat similar issue, where sometimes my pass side brake light doesn't come on, and sometimes that signal doesn't work (turn or hazard). I did some searching, and apparently strange things can happen when the turn signal switch is going out. I tried kinda wiggling the turn signal stick, and sure enough, brake and turn came on. I'll replace it eventually, but they aren't as cheap as you'd think.
| 1991 Silver Anniversary 5.0 | GT40P Heads | Ford Racing M-9430-T50 Headers | Mildy Ported Stock Lower Intake | Bosch EV6 Injectors | PCV Oil Separator | Smog removed | Jeg's 2" Y-Pipe | Skyjacker Nitro8000 Shocks, Hydro7000 Stabilizer | Warn Premium Manual Hubs | E4OD w/B&M 70264 SuperCooler and Filter |
novimustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Steve83

Bronco Info: '83 VIN & title on '93 frame/body w/'95 4.9L & EB paint
Start by swapping both flashers - turn & hazard. They're cheap, and they commonly fail, so it's almost like an oil change, but cheaper. If it doesn't help, put the originals back & keep the new ones as spares for later.

Then start going thru the grounds. Yours are similar to these:

When you're SURE they're all clean & tight, and the bulbs are AAAAALLLLL working (remember the brake/turn/parks use 2 filaments in 1 bulb), test the turn/hazard switch.

. .
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
AFBronco235
Fullsize Member

Turns out, it was the flasher. The case was cracked, so I replaced it. All seems to be working fine now.
1991 Bronco w/ 5.0L V8, Auto w/ E40D trans, factory spare tire rack, factory limited slip diff, dual batteries, custom air intake, 8K lb. winch, tactical seat covers, drop down TV w/ CD/DVD player, 31's on stock suspension, roof baskets, new injectors,

To Do List: light bar, paint, new tires (33's), new rear bumper w/ tire rack & jerry can holder, hi-lift jack

Old 02-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
AFBronco235
Fullsize Member

Well, looks like I'll be tearing apart the steering column after all. The same problem happened again today. I'm gonna check the contacts in the column and hopefully, its something I can fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!