Dynatrac Axles - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
CHUCKD43

Bronco Info: 96 EB XLT SAS Dana 44 ext radius arms 488 grs 38 SSRs17inch in front and 16 inch in back True duels
Cool Dynatrac Axles

Has anyone bought or used a Dynatrac axles if so what are the pros and cons between Dynatrac and the typical dana series axles. Want to get a 60 series if anyone has used one let me know, wen't on Dynatrac website they look preety tough. CHUCKD43 You can go to Dynatrac.com and view them website is under construction hit products look at the Dynatrac 60 Pro series
CHUCKD43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
Larston
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Broncoless, but I got a 1987 F250 to make up for it
The biggest problem with Dynatrac axles is the $5000 to $7000 price tag for a pretty basic front axle. They build great stuff and have a lot of options, but you need pretty deep pockets to play that way.

Don't know if you just stumbled across Dynatrac, but they've been in this business for many, many years. They're very well known in the sport.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Saurian
Sway's jealous of my

Bronco Info: 94 XLT Effer
Dynatrac D60's are plenty stout. If you have the cash and don't want to build your own then go for it. Plus, I believe they warranty thier axles don't they? Something you don't get when you build your own.

It's like engines. You can go buy a 500HP 350 Crate engine for XXXX dollars, or you could build it for XXXX-1200 dollars. Is the money you spend over doing it yourself worth your time and having somebody to blame for problems?
Saurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:56 PM   #4
Saurian
Sway's jealous of my

To add to what I said, I think the winner of last year's TTC sported Dynatrac Pro D60's. This was against a field sporting rockwells and I *think* maybe one mogger? Don't quote me on the mogger, but I was surprised that the D60 guy one. He just had the stuff to get it done.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
Urban Offroader

Bronco Info: 86 bronco
I have one under the front of my bronco, was installed by previous owner. Seems good and beefy and the truck drives like a dream. Can't comment on the durability as I haven't been able to wheel it yet but seems like it could take a good floggin and be none the worse for wear.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:29 PM   #6
hmthesing

Bronco Info: '89 EB 302 C6
I have their Dynatrac 60 rear end with the detroit locker. Haven't had any problems with it. Very sturdy.

Actually, my Dynatrac 60 was originally under Eric's bronco (SuperMotors founder, I believe). If you go to my superMotors, he left a comment about it. I believe this is the 3rd or 4th vehicle it's been under, so it's seen its fair share of abuse and hasn't disappointed me yet.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:21 AM   #7
CHUCKD43

Bronco Info: 96 EB XLT SAS Dana 44 ext radius arms 488 grs 38 SSRs17inch in front and 16 inch in back True duels
Cool Dynatrac axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larston
The biggest problem with Dynatrac axles is the $5000 to $7000 price tag for a pretty basic front axle. They build great stuff and have a lot of options, but you need pretty deep pockets to play that way.

Don't know if you just stumbled across Dynatrac, but they've been in this business for many, many years. They're very well known in the sport.
I've heard of them just never seen one before the price might have somthing to do with that. For my 96 FSB the price was 1985.00$ thats with no gears or lockers in it thats where they throw the MEAT to yah im going to call them up today to see what total price is, they look pretty tough and look good. As far as building it my self im a pipefitter and welder by trade gears are either right or wrong to close a tollarence for my trade i'll leave that up to the person who knows what there doing cause when it blows up like a gernade i can't kick my own ass.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:22 AM   #8
CHUCKD43

Cool Dynatrac axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larston

I've heard of them just never seen one before the price might have somthing to do with that. For my 96 FSB the price was 1985.00$ thats with no gears or lockers in it thats where they throw the MEAT to yah im going to call them up today to see what total price is, they look pretty tough and look good. As far as building it my self im a pipefitter and welder by trade gears are either right or wrong to close a tollarence for my trade i'll leave that up to the person who knows what there doing cause when it blows up like a gernade i can't kick my own ass.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:25 AM   #9
CHUCKD43

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKD43
Hit the submit button twice
Old 01-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
SquattyD
Cadillac of Men

Bronco Info: 78 Bronco
lots of other places build axles too. im sure you can find an axle of equal strength for cheaper, without having to pay for the dynatrac name.
SquattyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:34 PM   #11
Saurian
Sway's jealous of my

You could probably find somebody locally that could build you a damn nice axle for alot less of a "premium". There's always a local hardcore guy within 100 miles that you could bring a bunch of boxes and parts to and have him assemble it for you for 4 or 5 benjamins.
Old 01-26-2006, 04:47 PM   #12
Ogeechee 4x4
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurian
There's always a local hardcore guy within 100 miles that you could bring a bunch of boxes and parts to and have him assemble it for you for 4 or 5 benjamins.
There is

Wish i woulda known about him earlier...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:26 PM   #13
Saurian
Sway's jealous of my

Ok, maybe not EVERYWHERE has one of those types of people, but they're out there. I know of a few around here that fit that bill.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:35 AM   #14
CHUCKD43

Cool Dynatrac axles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurian
You could probably find somebody locally that could build you a damn nice axle for alot less of a "premium". There's always a local hardcore guy within 100 miles that you could bring a bunch of boxes and parts to and have him assemble it for you for 4 or 5 benjamins.
My buddy in Jacks. F.L. called me and asked about the dynatrac axles he's got a 76 ford highboy with the 44 closed knuckle front end. the front has worn the knuckles down in size so it's shot, i came on to ask everybody on here about the dynatrac axles since i didn't know that much about them. they are very $$$$$ for me but he's set on gettin one, im in N.C. i got guys right up the road that will build me a axle or motor or race car Motor head city around here. they always joke me say bronco looks SWEET but it's to quiet need some noise comin outta them exhausts.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:08 AM   #15
nbaff
3 wheeler

Bronco Info: 98 Z71
if your in green mountain you need to check out carolina rock shop in char. they have been steadly increasing thier stock around western NC. They build some pretty nice stuff out that way. I'm sure they could hook you up.

http://www.carolinarockshop.com
nbaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #16
BurnedB

Bronco Info: D60 Fronts 4 Sale.
Bronco+ dynatrac balljoint front axle, plus getting used hard
bye the way, the balljoint went first, then the axle 1 second later.

axle had been maybe wheeled 15 times, about 150 street miles.....

IH 4700 tow rig. dt466
Done anything stupid recently?
BurnedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #17
plug ugly
Master Bater

Bronco Info: 4 wheels, 4 sticks and 3 pedals
I dont see the point in paying them the highdollars. Like Zach showed, a ball joint is aball joint, and a knuckle is a kncukle. Unless you are running aftermarket knuckles, who cares what the name on the diff cover says. Yeah, their center sections are nice on the prorocks, but does the common wheeler, DD machine need the extra 1" of clearance? I dont htink so. For the money of one axle, you could build both front and rear/.

mostly a 94 Bronco
wt4wheeling
plug ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Solid Axle Swaps