91 Bronco REAR WINDOW REPAIR?? Help Please!! - FSB Forums
Register Home Forums Active Topics Photo Gallery All Albums Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance FSB Store
FullsizeBronco.com is the premier Ford Bronco Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:15 AM   #1
marks500

Bronco Info: 1991 Ford Bronco Custom-1990 f-250 XLT lariat Diesel-1988 Ford F-150 XLT 6in skyjacker,3in body,36SS
Question 91 Bronco REAR WINDOW REPAIR?? Help Please!!

I have a 91 ford bronco, I put the window down and it wont go back up... It was slow going up and down till it got stuck in the down position... i am assuming I need the motor replaced... Well I got the inside panel off of the tailgate... The glass is down, dont I need that out of the way to get to the motor?? Can anyone give me step by step instructions to get the window out of the way... I dont know much about this so any details would help... Thanks.
marks500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
fol4321
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1978 ranger xlt,1995 eddie bauer/1978 custom/1996 xlt
put the tailgate down, lock both strickers, un bolt the arm from the window, pull out motor. it probably needs new bushings and a new gear. i probably forgots some steps but you get the jist of it
Old 01-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #3
Steve83

Bronco Info: '83 VIN & title on '93 frame/body w/'95 4.9L & EB paint
A) This is not a technical writeup, so it doesn't belong in this forum.

B) Don't double-post

C) Search

. .
Steve83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Pantsman

Bronco Info: 1986 Bronco XLT, 302 5.0L V8. Warn premiums, Serp. and Sag swap, 3G, F350 Brakes.

This should've been in the General Repair/Tech Help section... But it is already there all over the place.

It could just be rusted, mine almost got stuck down after I repaired the wiring. But I guess if yours was working fine and was getting used regularly before it stopped then I'd lean toward the motor but I would still check the wiring first rather than throwing parts at it. Anyhow, search for tailgate fix repair ... stuff like that. You'll find all kinds of stuff.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
Redmonaz

I had the same problem. It has been awhile, but I'll try to remember. If your window is all the way down you are ahead of the game. If it is not You have to pull the plate off the tailgate, find the rod that releases the latch when the window is all the way down. Lay the tailgate down, then close the latches on the side so You can run, or pull, the window out. I did not support mine and it didn't break. The motor is a bear to get to, I cut the wires short so I could replace it. Pulled out the one I bought at Autozone and it was the wrong one, left instead of right (or visa versa). It looked like a POS anyway. I returned it and bought another at Checker, looked better but cheaper than stock. I asked if they had a rebuild kit instead. The girl looked it up and they had one in stock. $8 instead of $50, works great I just had to jumper the wires since I cut them too short.

If you hear your motor run, rebuild it.

Good luck!
Redmonaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
big_ol_bronco78
www.lifted4christclub.com

Bronco Info: stock 85 ford bronco XLT
also, in the new Bronco Driver magazine they have a very good article on fixing tail gate problems
big_ol_bronco78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

FSB Forums > Bronco Discussions > Noobie Bronco Tech Questions. Flame free zone!