• 2 Post By cobrajoe
  • 2 Post By Rusty in Wis
  • 2 Post By BigBlue 94
  • 3 Post By BikerPepe`
  • 7 Post By BigBlue 94

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Shadow: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints D60 rear/Detroit 4wheel disc,Patagonia, 4.56...
Garage
Bronco Invasion day one

Unfortunately we have a handful of people out of driving for a few days. The long drive out here took its toll. We are wishing @BigBlue 94 @silent one and me all needing parts to be able to wheel, the best of luck.
I had the pleasure of riding along with @raleigh on Rusty Nail yesterday. Donít let his signature fool you that looks nothing like his bronco.
Here are some highlights. We even had a Blazer(SHHHH donít tell) with us.

Always pretty in Moab

These are some big rocks.

No Left turn

I wish I had more pictures of @raleigh but riding was too much fun.

Always topless

Shadow: 95XLT
Wileec: Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:08 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 XL/2"front spacer/1ton TRE Flip/Upgraded E4OD(To PSD specs)/2"rr lift blk/5100 Bilstein/33"BFGs.
Garage
Awesome pics!

Dumb question:
Did the Broncos that are waiting for parts break down unexpectedly, or are they just finishing up maintenance work etc?

μολὼν λαβέ

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Well I did wheel the first morning lol!

The ol bronco made it 900 miles to beautiful Moab! Had an oil leak on the way and changed the oil 550 miles in, in Denver, in the autozone parking lot.

On the last 30 miles or so I felt a bit more vibration. After making a sharp turn into my camp spot, my harmonic balancer delaminated. So I threw a bandaid on and hoped for the best.

Day one I decided on Fins N Things. @klh95bronco made the same decision.

And of course it had to rain...

Little uncut CB crawling up

Somehow, after taking a bypass, the B2, uncut CB, and I ended up leading the group up the final obstacle on the first half. Not sure what they were waiting for down there.

My balancer bandaid broke, so I've been waiting for that to show up.

Traction out here is incredible. It's like driving on sandpaper almost.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 05:48 PM
FSM Lifetime

Bronco Info: 1996 EB, 351w, stock-ish. 1981 custom 351m, long gone.
Garage
keep the pics coming!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:08 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Great pictures! Iíd love to go out there someday!!
BigBlue 94 and White Dragon like this.

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:47 PM
Ford-a-Holic

Bronco Info: 1996 Eddie-Bauer 5.8/1974 Bronco 351C
Clever use of a clutch fan wrench @BigBlue 94 !

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years

MY BUILD THREAD
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 09:35 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1996 Bronco 348 10.5.1 E7 Ported 88 Gt roller cam retarted 5 Shorty Headers 3" after cats
Wow thatís a terrible setup,. The Belts run off the rubber mounted balancer what was Ford thinking, Make sure you mark the inner hub like you marked the timing marks for slippage. When you get home find true top dead center Good luck on the puller
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 12:21 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty in Wis View Post
Wow thatís a terrible setup,. The Belts run off the rubber mounted balancer what was Ford thinking, Make sure you mark the inner hub like you marked the timing marks for slippage. When you get home find true top dead center Good luck on the puller
Yeah it really isn't optimal. But the 300 is so long, they had to do something to shorten it. If it had a v8 style balancer, itd be in the radiator.
White Dragon and dash_cam like this.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 11:55 PM
Retired Staff

Bronco Info: '95 XLT, 5.8/MassAir/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5 GYW DuraTracs
Garage
jealous & sub'd

hope you guys get it together with a quickness and enjoy the hell out of yourselves.
I have to enjoy this thing vicariously, so get out there a live a little... for those of us that can't.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:09 AM
Wild Cayuse

Garage
For all of those living vicariously...

Today I went tip toeing through Hell's Revenge. Tip toe my ass! That was insane!

Started with a group of CBs, 2 B2's, a jeep, a SxS, @jfourdyce , another FSB, and me. The other FSB was our trail leader, Joe. This included the stock uncut 77 and B2 from my first day. Oh and some guy with a drone taking footage.

If you talk to about any of the guys who came out here, they'll tell you pictures are not always easy to get. The pace can be gruelling at times. But theres times where you can get out and get some good pics too. Usually bigger obstacles.

Within minutes of the trailhead, you're thrown right at a big hog back where a couple feet the wrong way and you're probably dead.

After the hogback came the first real obstacle. It had a few different paths, from mild to wild.

Couple CBs on the wild(er) side

After wheeling with this guy in the stock B2, I'll never mock one again. That thing was impressive!

@jfourdyce in the next few. At this point, he already broke a Carr hoop step.

On this obstacle, disaster struck our trail leader of all people. He took the wild side and snapped the track bar on his SAS. So, FSBers being who we are, John hooked his truck up and pulled the broken rig to the right spot, since it was skewed so far to the passenger side. I pulled up to the other and provided power for Joe to try and weld the track bar back together. It worked, for about 5 feet. Dead in the water, not a half mile into trail. So John volunteered to take the son of the trail leader and the track bar back to town and get it welded better. But that left our trail leader without a bronco. And who happened to have an extra seat, but me. So I led the now dwindled group of 5 through hell and back.

So as the new lead bronco, I had no time to take pics. Plus the fact that I had severe overheating issues. So bad that the fuel in my carb was boiling and it nearly killed my ignition solenoid from the heat. It died and we had to wait to cool down or do repairs maybe 5 or 6 times. How embarrassing lol! It died in spots that were not the best either, like right after a huge climb, or about to go down a big descent. I actually went down a 8 ft, 45į descent without the bronco running. But we went on and finally made it to Hell's Gate. While I'm almost positive the bronco could've done this (when running right) I know I personally couldn't do it. I'd need a diaper! There were probably 75 rigs here at the Gate, most parked and watching.

This jeep lost the bolt to his track bar. Me and another guy ran some bolts and tools down to get him fixed. So I actually went down and back up... on foot lol!

From the bottom, watching an awesome B2 go up.

And of course, a few scenic views were always present... if you could look away from the trail or your gauges!

We all made it out, alive! Though I have a serious vibration/knock coming from my driveline somewhere.

In all reality, this place is not for the faint of heart, and it will put your bronco to the test, no matter the size or build level.

Tonight was the show n shine, raffle and dinner. I've got a number of those pics too. We had over 100 Broncos at the show easy. Probably 20 FSBs. Gotta say for all the bronco guys and gals out here, especially those from FSB have been wonderful to spend time with and have been super welcoming.

Also had a CB guy from Alabama ask if he could have my EAT BEEF license plate for his collection wall. Since I can get one easy, I obliged. Wrote my name and hometown on the back. I'm sure he now has the only KS Livestock Assn plate in the whole state of Alabama lol.

July, and September!

FOTM forum section

Last edited by BigBlue 94; 05-04-2019 at 12:12 AM.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:23 AM

Bronco Info: 88 bronco 302 c6 d44 ford 9
Looks like a lot of fun 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍😎
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 08:47 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, 6" lift, 4.56 gears, 35" GY MT/Rs, front locker, rear LSD, rear disc conversion
Garage
Jealous - looks like fun!

MS88Bronc
Don't be fooled by the name,
1996 XL with 5.8L/E4OD/BW1356,
4.56 gears with lockers

-->My Build Thread<--
***GO NOMINATE AND VOTE FOR FULLSIZE OF THE MONTH HERE!!***
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:26 PM
OMF

Bronco Info: 1979/1972 "Hybrid Hilda"
Garage
It was great meeting some of you, wish I would have had time to meet and with more of you.

And @wileec is right, my signature looks nothing like the Bronco it is now

Dave
Vote for me FOTM!

1979/1972 "Hybrid Hilda"
Built 400, NP435/Strongbox Doubler/NP205
2007 Superduty Axles, Chomo'd, Superjoints, and Locked
110" WB, Body narrowed 6" and armored up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Trip Pictures and Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode