• 3 Post By wileec
  • 3 Post By NickOille
  • 2 Post By CDA 455
  • 2 Post By 1clean5.8
  • 4 Post By NickOille
  • 3 Post By NickOille

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 04:58 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
Bronco Safari 2019 Coverage

This thread can be a catch-all for any photos/videos from the trip that aren't day specific. I didn't want to muddy up anyone else's recounting of the trip.

I decided at the last minute to make a go of this trip. When initial polling began, it seemed it would be too late into the year for me. After putting a trip to Moab off a few years back for my 30th birthday, I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer. Too often we tell ourselves, "I'll make it out there one day" or "not this year". Its all too easy for life to pass us by. If we dont make make our dreams into plans or priorities how will they ever come to fruition? With that spirit in mind and a "screw it, I'm going" attitude the wife and I set-sailed on 3,676 mile round trip to the promise land...and it did not disappoint.

I loaded up my FSB and EB to take with us. While one would have been easier (and cheaper) to get across country it wasnt much more to take 2. I trailer my bronco everywhere. While I'm as confident as one can be making an almost 2k cross-country journey, the 5.13 gearing, exhaust, BB mpg (this will come back to bite me), and a host of other first world problems, it was just easier for me to trailer them. Furthermore, I didn't want any inhibitions when out there. I didn't want to see an obstacle I really wanted to try and then have to consider driving it home afterwards. When I argue reasoning and logic with myself, I don't always win. And because I know myself all too well, I know which side would have won that mental argument should it arise.

In further consideration of taking two, Gordon Bailie from BailieBilt was to be leading an introductory trail ride one of the days. My wife had shown some interest in driving while we out there so it seemed logical to take two. I've wheeled with Gordon before and he is an excellent driver/spotter/fabricator, etc. so I knew she would be in good hands if I chose to go on a tougher trail with the rest of the group. And worse case scenario...I rolled the bronco or something grenade'd I'd have a back up Bronco to wheel and enjoy my time with.

Are we there yet? I chose this route as opposed to the faster route (by 1hr) namely to bypass the mountain passes in CO. While I would have loved the scenery, I wasn't interested in doing it while moving 30k lbs. and secondly, I wanted the opportunity to drive portions of the historic route 66. The plan was to make the drive in 3 days. I could have probably knocked it out in 2 but with towing and the wife..."we" decided slow & steady is efficient and efficient is fast. So, west bound & down, loaded up and truckin'!

The wife's only job while riding was take interesting pics/vids during the route and crossing state lines. She admittedly failed miserably the first day. (There are some pics/vids on Instagram if you're inclined. Same handle as here). I reminded her as we made our last stop for fuel before calling it a night on the Arkansas/Oklahoma line. So, fuel station shots of trailer-wheeling is all you'll get. We made no reservations before hand to stay in hotels so as not put pressure on ourselves to make timelines. In cab motto was "we'll stop when we're ready to stop."

Next morning we woke with reinvigorated spirits to continue our journey. Saw this the next am on the side of a building on the way back to the interstate. Cant tell you if this was in Arkansas or Oklahoma. We just happened to look and belt out "what the...?!?!?" We debated for a solid hour if this was a mongoose, weasel, a honey-badger or a demogorgon. My MIL called it a "fishy-dinosaur looking thing". To be fair, she's in her 70's, didn't have her glasses and hasnt really traveled outside the southeastern US. You decide what it is.

........but first, this Georgia boy needs biscuits & gravy

Continuing on route 66, we saw some interesting sights including strange billboards, cars in the ground, crazy weather patterns, windmills, etc but Photobucket is failing miserably at allowing me to upload any of those. Its appearing as though I cant upload photos that I didn't personally take. So, you get more fuel station shots and one billboard for a ham sammich.

While filling up just inside New Mexico we ran into this beautiful 76 High Boy and I snapped a few shots.

We decided to call it a night in Albuquerque. Only to awake for our last and final leg of the journey. Only 6 hrs to go! No breakfast shots this am, they didn't have biscuits & gravy....anything else just isn't worth posting. More trailer shots....

Almost there...

My wife didn't snap the Moab, UT sign in time for a pic. I may have been running 80 in my excitement to her credit. Still, after 30hrs, we finally arrived on that Sunday afternoon. I took absolutely no pictures as I was ready to unload and settle in for the beginning of a journey. But first, a celebratory cocktail...cheers

We checked in on that Monday and since the event didn't officially start until Tuesday we did some hiking to the Delicate Arch, grocery shopping, dinner in town, fueled up the pigs and essentially got the lay of the land. Moab was a much smaller city than I had envisioned. But its quaint, comfortable and oddly feels like home despite where your from. It doesn't have a touristy vibe, you immediately "fit-in". It has everything you need and nothing you dont. Some pics inside the Arches National Park:

DAY 1:
My wife and I are not early risers so its always a challenge at wheeling events b/c everything starts "early"...for us.

The white board which consists of trails to be ran and leaders. You just sign up for the trail you want to run and cross your name off at the end of the day so those in charge know not to go looking for you. Pretty standard procedure.

I decided to take the FSB on day 1 and jump right in. I had 3 trails that were "MUST DO'S" for me. Cliffhanger, Golden Crack, and Top of the World. Day 1 run was going to be Hell's Revenge. Home of obstacles: Hell's Gate, Escalator, and Mickey's Hot Tub. Lets get it!

Just a few pics at Moab Rim Camp park we leave from.

The line up for Hell's Revenge. @not a jeep in the blue XL. @CWbronco in the blue EB in front of me and @Blue1551 behind me. I have SOOOO many more pics but photobucket is only allowing me to upload 2 or 3 from my phone to its hosting site. Then only 1 or 2 is showing up for me in my "library" to
post here : It has something to do with photo's not taken from my phone which is a bummer b/c my wife took most of the pics.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport-MAF/OBD II 466, tons,38s
1996 Wht EB-KR'd 351, 4",33s
1976 Ranger-351 EFI,C4,Twin'd D20, 5.5",37s
SOLD 34 others....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:00 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
A small lunch and observation point on Hell's Revenge. The blue buggy is our trail leader Terry and his wife. Great spotter. Stunning views..

Alrighty then, after a little stomach coating, its time to lose our tow legs and stretch our wheeling legs. Hell's gate, here we go...

I have more pics but.......technology . Next obstacle was escalator. No pics from the outside as all the ones my wife took wont upload into my photobucket account. She elected to hop out for this one and Hells gate. Here is the view from inside, @CWbronco coming up, winching a buggy up and watching another buggy come up. Buggy schmuggy...fullsize ride or die!

Wondering if this next bronco is going to make it...

After moving inches forward and back several times, he makes it out. Good spotting and driving. Rando pic checking out the buggy at the top

DAY 2:
Was a LONG day. 12 hrs to be exact. We chose to run Triple Threat which includes Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike, and Poison Spider. These trails also house the obstacles "waterfall, golden crack, launch pad," and a slew of others. We decided to take both the FSB and the EB. Gordon Bailie still had not arrived and our trail leader Terry said KG (my wife) would be fine. Little did he know she only has limited experience wheeling the fullsize and doesn't really drive the EB. Somewhat foreign to her is a manual t-case...let alone twin sticks which the EB has. She can drive a manual so that starts our jumping off point in my 10 min tutorial at the staging area as we're airing down.

On the way to the staging area. In these pics are @CWbronco @silent one @Calspecial

The obstacle "waterall". Didn't get any pics of myself, but got a few of her in the 76 and another EB that was with us.

Just some scenic shots

We ran Golden Crack and sadly I have no pics, just video. Shortly after Golden Crack, it started to go downhill for a few rigs. We were already moving slow. As much as I loved this trail, it was more than my wife bargained for. She would have much rather been a passenger. We both felt extremely guilty. Knowing it was a long trail, the leader had to keep us moving so we would't be out there past dark....little did we know. As I would go over an obstacle I'd have to coach her on the radio from the rear view mirror. She. killed. it. White-knuckling the whole trail but listened to directions to the T.

On to the pics, we lost a passenger hub in the EB. After being told it was a right of passage she packed it up so we could bring it home as a momento and wanted a pic...lol

SOLD 34 others....
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:01 AM Thread Starter

This orange EB broke the rear output on his t-case. He was an ole-timer named Dennis who was wheeling the snot out of the rig, all while being stoic. In conversations he told me he had been coming here for decades. It was wild watching him walk up escalator on Hell's Revenge while the most of us struggled, buggies included. Best part.....he had a handicap tag on his Bronco! Nothing like seeing a handicap tagged Bronco wheeling Poison Spider in Moab F'awesome!

With Dennis only having 2wd, I was asked by Terry (our trail leader) to tow him the rest of the way through Poison Spider. I happily obliged. If you wheel with predominantly EB's, at least in the south as @Lifted Fords will contend, you get a little flack....until its time to bring home the bacon. When you need a winch point, you're the first they choose. And when its time to hook up a strap...they want you to let her eat. No worries from this guy. I'm happy to be of service.

Everyone was helping spot my wife while I was attempting to get 2 rigs over obstacles. Special thanks to @CWbronco and @Calspecial for literally guiding, riding, and offering emotional support to her on "launch pad" and the rest of the obstacles while I was towing Dennis.

As we are making our way back, @Calspecial had a tensioner pulley go bad and renders his Bronco inoperable. Their decision was to leave it and come back and get it with a new tensioner. All the while daylight was fading fast. Another hour or so goes by of towing Dennis. Slow and methodical. We reach a mild hill climb and as soon as I crested the obstacle, I'm looking in my rear view to make sure I get Dennis' orange EB over. On the descent I just barely scrape a rock while rear view wheeling. Or atleast I thought I just grazed it. Yet, why do I hear all of this gushing air? Turns out, that scrape was actually a 5" gash in my passenger sidewall. DAMN!!!! I'm hang me head in defeat at this moment. Not because of THAT tire, but because my spare has the same matching gash from a previous solo run at Durhamtown Offroad Park. I couldn't just get another b/c BFG discontinued that size. 38" tires are not so common a tire anymore. Very few choices left in the size I run. In fact, only one in the 14.50" width. Admittedly, in my haste to get 2 rigs ready for the trip I put it on the back burner and never came back to it. Well, it came back to me...and bit me. Luckily another EB we were running with had a 37" spare and beadlock. I swapped it out to keep the FSB-EB train moving. I just left it aired up so as not reek havoc inside the diff.

No pics of this. Too aggravated with myself plus no daylight=no time. It was after 10pm before we made it off the trail. We started at 10am. 12 hours of wheeling, with several hours at night, limping rigs off of Poison Spider (which none of us had never ran) was gnarly to say the least. It was an EPIC day in every way!!!

Day 3:
I chose to run Cliffhanger while most of the group went on Kane Creek. It was on my bucket list. I REALLY REALLY wanted to do it in the FSB as I'd never seen a fullsize go through it before. Its pretty tight in areas on the ledge (hence its name). But, after calling every tire shop in town, I couldn't find a 38" tire. I even inquired about a new set of 40's but all they had in stock were 37's. I was gonna pull the trigger on a new set of tires just to continue in the fullsize but I wasn't spending the coin to go down in tire size. Plus, this was the reason I brought 2 rigs for the trip.

KG had to do some work while we were there so she chose this day to do it. After 12 hours on Triple Threat, she made the decision rather quickly. So I ran solo in the EB. This day a trail leader was a Toyota pickup who's father was in the group with an EB. Not many action shots as it was just me. Towards the end of the trail on an obstacle my radiator house got into my serpentine belt on the EB. Subsequently I lost all my coolant. A fellow EB'er had a roll of silicone adhesive tape that he said had been in his tool box for 10 years and always wondered if he'd use it and if it'd work. "Now is as good of a time as any!" we both proclaimed. So after wrapping it generously and as tightly as I could, I reinstalled and filled with coolant. To both our chagrin, it held. So well, I ran it like that for the rest of the trip. I stopped in at the parts stores in town but no one had any radiator hoses in stock for an EB. I had a spare one for the fullsize that I was going to hack up if it didn't work. Luckily and surprisingly, I never needed it. I'll post a pic of the stuff when I can. It'll be a staple in my gear from here on out.

This was a short trail that most turned around halfway on. But I chose to finish it and I'm glad I did. I got to see Jacob's ladder and the overlook at the end. Sadly, no pics. I was pretty much drooling the whole time. It was a good thing b/c the FSB BBQ took place that night.

Faces were met, hands were shook, names exchanged, stories were told, boiled peanuts were experienced, cocktails were cheers'ed, and fun was had. Not everyone made the impromptu pic as it was towards the end and some were outside, some had left to repair rigs for the next day, and some returned to their families.

Day 4:

Was the run of Top of the World. This trail has always epitomized what Moab stands for to me. In every mental image I conjure up in my head after years of watching videos and hearing stories of Moab, this one always sticks out. Man possessed with his desire to explore and conquer. To reach the highest pinnacle of adventure. This point shall mark completion of his journey and reward him its spoils. And so it did.

It was an hour long pavement drive of so of the most scenic red rock alongside the Colorado River that we did not get any pics along the way. It was truly breathtaking to the point where we didn't want to miss a single curve.

At the start of the trail Wileec's starter died and before I could get turned around to see if he needed a jump @Renorover and @NickOille had already diagnosed and began replacement of the starter. I was happy to have gotten to run a trail with these guys. We didn't get a chance to meet up and wheel earlier like I hoped for. 2 dudes that know the area and are pretty well self sufficient. I enjoyed getting to know them and hang with their families for the brief time that we did.

I have more pics of this trail and other's rigs but.....Photobucket is trash.

As we were about to make our way back down @Renorover had a tie rod issue that needed to be addressed. So we stayed back to make sure he was all gravy before our descent.

This was also the day of the show-n-shine. Looking at the schedule and realizing this was going to be our last wheeling day, a feeling of bittersweet came over. To have met some really cool people, to have shared this journey together, and to be on this iconic trail was overwhelming. While the tunes were playing over the speakers and taking in the scenery, I may or may not have shed a SINGLE tear behind my shades. In these iconic rigs, on this iconic trail was a literal dream come true for me. On the way down the trail, groups of Jeeps, Land Cruisers, and Toyotas parted ways so this group of Broncos could pass. Some may call it trail etiquette and it might have been but for some reason, it felt different. Not a superiority thing. Just a bit surreal.

We made our way back into town and straight into the show-n-shine like most of the other wheelers. Which makes a for a better show if you ask me. And if you didn't ask me....you should. With everyone lined up, it beckons "where has your Bronco taken you, where has it conquered? Does its bumps and bruises tell stories of adventure, excitement, and good times?

Wax and shine is cool and all but it seems a bit sacrilegious in Moab. This is coming from a guy that will run over a tree to avoid mud. I got a chuckle looking over at @Renorover 's wrinkled up tinfoil next to some of the street cruisers. In those moments you gotta ask yourself, which has a better story to tell?...."I sanded and buffed this for hours" or "I ran "insert Moab trail here" in this."

Its all about the stories and times had man.*read in Matthew McConaughey voice*

SOLD 34 others....
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

The show-n-shine pics are random. I was drawn to this B2 with a 5.0 and EB axles. I wheel back home with a guy with the same setup.

There's always one salmon colored Blazer at a Bronco event right?!?!...here's ours. Guy was cool and left some fuel for me at the bottom of the Top of the World. With a 13 gal tank in the EB, getting back to town was going to be pushing it. So I refueled his can dropped it back off before the show. If you look close on his hood it reads "I thought it was a Bronco"... He's good people.

Since the condo was close to the show-n-shine field, I decided to go ahead and limp the big pig over with a flat and broken winch. Best show-n-shine Ive ever seen....

This happened to be one of my favorite EB's. A father/son driver and co-pilot from Oregon. All natural paint, used and enjoyed with bumps in all the right places. Also happens to be the rig I borrowed the spare from back on Day 2 in Poison Spider.

A 4Runner in the midst. Whuddya know.....more good people.

Terry, our trail leader's rig.

Even scored a gift certificate at the raffle. The EB has OBA, the FSB needs air. Perfect...

DAY 5:

Which was a Saturday. People still wheeled but it was unofficial and as much as I wanted to, we had to make the 3-day trek back home. We said our goodbyes to the new friends we made and the scenery we fell in love with. But the west wasn't finished with us yet.

Outside Farmington, NM in the middle of nowhere I have to make a steep, blind curve mountain pass with no shoulder. I previously mentioned to my wife on the way into Moab, "if we have any trouble on this trip in the tow rig, its going to be here." Well, I jinxed us b/c right smack dab in the middle of the ascent, I blew a heater hose. With no shoulder I'm just dead in the water halfway.

I get out and pop the hood to inspect the damage fearing the worst. Along comes a guy in 2500 Cummins and asks do I need help to the top. I graciously accept his help and hook up a strap. Luckily I have just a wee bit of coolant left in the 4 gallon system in the Superduty and help him get us to the top safely. Just in time b/c she was creeping over 235*. I've owned this truck for a decade and she has served me well and payed for herself 10x over....literally. Yet, even at 300k I'm still not ready to lose her. Despite telling myself prior to the trip if something catastrophic happens to it on the journey, I'll just go truck shopping wherever she dies. But I'm in the middle of nowhere so thats not an option. I pay the 2500 driver for his kindness and pop the hood to inspect the issue.

Pics weren't abundant here b/c this place is full of tumbleweeds and thats about it. Upon inspection, I quickly find the heater hose has given up the ghost. Not surprising....its original. Super thankful it wasn't any of the 3 radiator hoses as I didn't bring many spare parts for the truck. (Yes 3. Don't ask.....its a 6.4, steer clear if you're in the diesel market.) The heater hose is the dreaded quick connect style that GM uses.

I have to figure out how I'm going to bypass the heater and marry the hoses together. The return hose is fine. Quickly, I remember extending the transmission cooler from the EB to the front of the grille before leaving. In a haste, I extended it using a brass union vs buying all new line b/c I planned on mounting it elsewhere upon returning home. So, I rob that union from the EB and plug the trans line. Its a much smaller I.D. than the 6.4 heater hose but it'll have to do. So I cut the good return heater hose and marry the lines together. Hose clamps are a staple in the wheeling gear, so that's covered.

Only problem now was the issue of refill. I'm completely out diesels, especially 6.4's (should) use a specific type of low to no-silicate ELC coolant. Anything besides water or spec coolant has the tendency to gum up the oil cooler, thereby severely reducing power. This is very specific to the 6.4 but also just good general practice in diesels. I literally just had the oil cooler replaced for this trip. Not a cheap fix. (Cab has to come off). So not wanting to run coolant that can lead to oil cooler blockages, I can't use the coolant in the EB. I run distilled water and water wetter with the 460 in the FSB. In the southern heat, its the only way to keep temps in spec while crawling. So I drain the fluid out of the FSB. Problem is thats only a 2(ish) gallon system. The 6.4's radiator is massive leaving me still shy 2 gallons.

In a frenzy, the wife and I start emptying all of our water bottles we brought on the trip with us into the reservoir. I even had to pour the remaining cooler water and ice we had into the radiator. It was completely dark now on a deserted road. Thankfully, it was just enough to get us to the next 100 miles where I could top her off. From there she held the rest of the 1500 miles home. We just back tracked our way across route 66 the way we came.

Riding a high off our virgin journey to Moab we were still jonesing for more Bronco adventures with friends. We decided to stop off in Birmingham, AL, just 3 hrs from home to meet up with @AUBronco and his family for dinner. My only request for dinner to him is that we meet somewhere I can easily get into with the trailer or at least exterior parking. Where does Patrick send me??? The tightest strip mall that my truck solo would have to bump and scrub curbs.

Despite Patrick's best efforts, I snake her in there and find empty spaces to park in. His punishment was KG and I recounting our story of adventure in Moab for him with the greatest of reverence and detail as payback for the dinner destination. Pretty sure it worked. Worth the parking hassle!

While the food was tasty and laughs plentiful, unfortunately it was time to keep trucking. Atleast he drove his Bronco for the photo-op.

Shortly after midnight we arrived back home safe and sound. We immediately hit the sack. I awoke the next morning to being to the dreaded task unloading/unpacking process. The first off the trailer is the EB and and while I'm unstrapping I glance under and see the leaves in the rear twisted and the tail pipe considerably more oval than before. Easy-peasy but I thought it was the one rig that made it out unscathed. Oh well, still certainly worth the price of admission.

Well, atleast the trailer faired well right?.....Damnit . Even something I have to replace on the trailer???

As I'm unloading I just so happen to look at the middle axle tire and see the smallest roofing nail just barely hanging out of the sidewall. No telling how long it was there. Just happy it held. I wiggle it a little and see if its completely penetrated the carcass and sure enough I hear air. Worse case it blew and Id' have to change it. I did have a spare for it thankfully.

If you're wondering, I ONLY have spares for vehicles that DONT have flats. Out of 4 rigs with tires (trailer included), I have spares for 3 of them. The only spare I needed was the one I didn't have. *Engage Murphy's Law*

SOLD 34 others....
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 05:31 AM Thread Starter

I think I hit every insect on the way home. Every 2 hours I had to stop and clean the windshield. We're used to mosquitoes the size of your hand down her in lake/river country but you guys in the mid-west have an epidemic on your hand. Its nothing but clear pastures on route 66 and you can see a bug from 3 car lengths ahead flying 70mph face first into your windshield. I actually felt bad. I didn't think the windshield was going to be able to withstand the impact from some of them. They hit so hard they splattered onto the side windows. These pics dont do it justice. It took copious amounts of purple power and blasts from a 4k PSI pressure washer to get the blood-bath off. I feel like I should have went to confession...

Maybe they contributed to my piss poor fuel mileage. I didn't even look until I got home. I definitely dont wanna add up the fuel receipts.

After being home and reflecting on the trip as whole, I still feel the same as I did while in the middle of it. Pure elation. It truly was an epic journey to the promise land. After the very first day on Hell's Revenge I looked at my wife and said, "even if this was it and we had to go home tomorrow....it would have been worth it to me". Living on the east coast, Moab is surely a place you WANT to visit. You tell yourself you'll make it out there one day. But its not so easily obtainable. Atleast not always in the context of life's responsibilities. This trip has been ingrained into my memories and will surely leave an indelible mark on me forever. The experience was second to none. The emotion and feeling of people I met, the camaraderie, the scenery, the small tragedies and triumph....simply cannot be measured. Its the mecca for a reason. I dont know that I can make it every year and I dont know if anything will top my first experience....but by God I'd love to try again.

SOLD 34 others....
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:25 AM
ate lug

Bronco Info: 88 Bronco/96 Bronco/96 F250
Garage
Awesome trip and story

One day id like to make the trip to Moab, these pics only make me wanna do it more!
Bronco Logic and White Dragon like this.

88bronco: web / FSB || 96 bronco: web / FSB || 96 F250: web / FSB
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

SOLD 34 others....
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 01:11 PM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Damn Photobucket! Still screwing with our pictures

I too loved that blue EB with the white roadster doors and stripes. Just seemed to ooze the "Moab" feel.

I too still have the high from being out there. Was so much fun hanging out with like minded people in such a beautiful place. Meeting everyone was awesome, and I'll never forget it. Definitely topped my econoline/Corona pass trail experience last year. Though that is just as scenic.

You mentioned videos? Post em up!
BikerPepe` and White Dragon like this.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:26 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 XL/2"front spacer/1ton TRE Flip/Upgraded E4OD(To PSD specs)/2"rr lift blk/5100 Bilstein/33"BFGs.
Garage
Awesome pics!
White Dragon likes this.

μολὼν λαβέ

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 06:12 PM

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, C6, custom np208 based doubler, np208, TTB D44, 9", 5.13's
Awesome pictures Mike. I'll get mine uploaded and on here as soon as I can, all still on my phone and camera right now... Been busy since we got back.

You said you've never seen a FSB on cliffhanger??? I can think of two that have done it... Not this year though.

But it was a ton of fun wheeling and hanging out with you guys. The week went buy way too fast though. Guess we will just have to meet up another time and do it all again
BigBlue 94 and White Dragon like this.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue 94 View Post
I too loved that blue EB with the white roadster doors and stripes. Just seemed to ooze the "Moab" feel.
Same vibe it gave me. I actually voted for it for "Broncus Moabius"

Quote:
You mentioned videos? Post em up!
Ahh, photobucket no longer hosts quality videos. In fact, they're not even allowing me to upload any just for my own pleasure. I wished I would have recorded more for YouTube, I brought my good camera but I wanted to be present. The videos I have are only small clips and not really worth the hassle of uploading to YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickOille View Post
You said you've never seen a FSB on cliffhanger??? I can think of two that have done it... Not this year though.
Pics or I call .

Nah, I figured you guys prob had. I didn't hear mention of it tho. And I hadn't seen any YouTube videos of any on there. To be fair (toooo bee faaaaiiiiirrrrrr *LetterKenny Reference*), I haven't really searched for them either. Would love to run it with y'all in the FSB next time.

Quote:
But it was a ton of fun wheeling and hanging out with you guys. The week went buy way too fast though. Guess we will just have to meet up another time and do it all again

SOLD 34 others....
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 09:04 AM
Wild Cayuse

Bronco Info: 85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
Garage
Yeah, I've seen Nick and Reno on Cliffhanger on YouTube.

I'm already searching for a trailer for next year lol.

Hah yeah I voted broncus moabius on it too!
White Dragon likes this.

Vote for Full-size Of The Month in January, March, May,
July, and September!

FOTM forum section

Last edited by BigBlue 94; 05-13-2019 at 09:21 AM.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:36 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: Shadow: 95XLT351 E4OD SAS 44/ARB/Alloy shafts-joints D60 rear/Detroit 4wheel disc,Patagonia, 4.56...
Garage
Great pictures Michael. I wish I had been able to get out on Revenge with you. I am glad you got home without to many issues. It was the week of broken crap. But a whole bunch of fun.

Always topless

Shadow: 95XLT
Wileec: Sold
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 11:39 AM

Bronco Info: 1984 Bronco, 351w, C6, custom np208 based doubler, np208, TTB D44, 9", 5.13's
Quote:
Yeah, I’m searching for a trailer big enough to haul both the fullsize and the early bronco, the wife is set on bringing both next year. Thanks a lot @Bronco Logic ... haha
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 01:32 PM
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay

Bronco Info: '94 XL/2"front spacer/1ton TRE Flip/Upgraded E4OD(To PSD specs)/2"rr lift blk/5100 Bilstein/33"BFGs.
Garage
Quote:
Yeah, I've seen Nick and Reno on Cliffhanger on YouTube.

Hah yeah I voted broncus moabius on it too!
Quote:
Yeah, Iím searching for a trailer big enough to haul both the fullsize and the early bronco, the wife is set on bringing both next year. Thanks a lot @Bronco Logic ... haha
I'm thinking of UHauling the Bronco down there and back; being that a renter gets 7 days with said rental.

Ideally; I like the flatbed set up.

Mine would be:
F-750 PS/Cummins
Gooseneck flatbed
Redwood 5th wheel Camper up front (on said flatbed)
Bronco behind said camper.

μολὼν λαβέ

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Crusher Mike

Bronco Info: 1991 Arrow Nosed 5.8. SAS, 35" Cooper STT PRO 7" lift, 4.88s locked, Viar OBA
Awesome pictures that is the exact spot on escalator I had to get winched out from. It was dry when I did it I don't think I would have attempted it wet. I hope to make it out next year if things work out.

itwasFREE!!!! and CDA 455 like this.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:24 PM

Finally got a little time to do some video editing. Our quick trip up Moab Rim to see the endless caves. Only got video of the ride up, if you wanna see the caves, guess your gonna have to come next year...

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 02:14 PM

Our run through Pritchett on Monday, 4/29

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Trip Pictures and Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode