• 1 Post By sharpshooter109
  • 1 Post By TheHalfJamaican

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Bronco Info: 1988 Bronco XLT 302, M5OD, 32" BF Baja Champions
Garage
GA Trails?

Hey guys,
I've been working on my truck for about 4 months now, and after I rebuild the rear brakes and set the timing I was thinking about trying out some local trails. Problem is, I live about 15 minutes outside of Atlanta, and I don't have any local trails. I was wondering if any of you guys have found any good ones, listed or unlisted (that preferably aren't over 2 hours away) near Atlanta.
Thanks guys

TheHalfJamaican
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 08:58 AM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 1987 Bronco 302/NP435
Garage
I too live near Atlanta and there arenít really a lot of trails in georgia. Not exactly sure what all mods youíve done to your bronco but since mine is stock Iíll give you my perspective on the difficulty of these trails. Your best bet is to hit some parks in Alabama or Tennessee. In Georgia, you might check out Trey mountain. I donít remember the name of the road but thereís a forest service road that runs up the mountain. Itís rocky but not too difficult as long as itís not raining and no trees have fallen across the road. Another cool place is cashes valley road in Elijay. Itís super easy but has a 4 or 5 river crossings. Itís a cool trip to take the family on, especially if they donít like going on the hardcore trails. Both of those trails are easy enough a stock bronco could make it as long as it hasnít rained in a few days. I would not attempt cashes valley after itís rained because the creek will probably rise and might be too deep.

As far as official parks, thereís one near milledgeville Georgia, but Iím not really sure what the status of that one. It was closed, now itís supposedly open, but it might be open by invitation only.

As far as parks in Tennessee, thereís adventure outdoor park just past Chattanooga. Itís got a ton of trails but the park itself is pretty small. AOP has some trails there that you can take a stock bronco but most of the harder trails you would need a lift and 35ís at least. There are several others in Tennessee that are very good like windrock but AOP is the only one I know of within 2 hours of Atlanta.

In Alabama you have Morris mountain and chocoloco that are right off I-20 just across the state line. If I remember right chocoloco is a bit too difficult for a stock bronco but Morris mountain has some easier trails and some more difficult ones too.

If you do some searching on this forum you should find some pictures of most of these trails.
TheHalfJamaican likes this.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks man, hope I see you around!
sharpshooter109 likes this.

TheHalfJamaican
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 06:41 PM

I'm about an hour and a half south of Atlanta in Columbus, only options around here are finding dirt roads. Small ohv trail in Geneva but not many official trails. Going out tomorrow to try a road I've been scoping on Google Maps. Will get some videos of it's worth it. Looks like there may be one Creek crossing, will depend on water level though. Looks to be shallow from the satellite images. Anyone else around Midwest Georgia?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2018, 03:41 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: 95 Eddie Bauer
Garage
I'm over near Vidalia. Not much here except for Bullard Creek and most of those get closed. I have been to winrock in TN....actually grew up there and used to go thru Nemo all the time. The curse of the internet is now everybody is there and now its trashed....this is why places get shutdown....

If ya'll find anything near Macon I'm in. I spent time at Benning so I sorta remember Columbus.🙄
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-27-2018, 06:01 PM

Bronco Info: 92 7" lift w/2008 F150 leafs, Sky shackle, ProComp coils, R Detroit, F TruTrac, 95 E40D, 3G, Sagsaw,
Garage
I am in Newnan. Morris Mountain is about 90 min drive for me.

Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting and drinking. If you cheat, may it be a death; if you steal, may it be a heart; if you fight, may it be for your Brother; and if you drink, may it be with me.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 05:25 PM
Sway Is My Fan Club.

Bronco Info: '78 Ranger XLT - 429/C6, 4"s/35s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpshooter109 View Post
As far as official parks, there’s one near milledgeville Georgia, but I’m not really sure what the status of that one. It was closed, now it’s supposedly open, but it might be open by invitation only..
Crap. What is the name of that place. It was a small private place. We had a Bronco gathering there years ago.

Edit- RiverRock! That was the name of it. https://riverrockoffroadpark.com/

Durhamtown is 90 miles east of Atlanta right off I-20. It's a really neat place. We had a Bronco gathering there, too.

'66 F100 -- Little Black
'78 Bronco -- Brutus
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-28-2019, 11:12 PM

Bronco Info: 89 EB 302/ AOD/ 4:56/ Aussie Rear/ L/S front/ 3G/ 2.5" Lift/ 35" M/T's
Mels long time to see hope you are doing well.

Morris Mountain and Choccolocco are great places to go. I agree that Chocco is probably a little harder for a stock bronco. Morris Mountain does have some easier trails to run.

Have never been to Durhamtown but as Mels said there was a RITS there a few years ago and if I remember correctly they had a balst there. Other than it being hot.

Patrick

89 EB Bronco: 302, AOD, 4:56's, Rear Aussie Locked, Front L/S and Warn Hubs, 35" M/T's, 2.5" lift, Custom front and rear bumpers and sliders .

More to come as soon as the bank says ok.
My supermotors page
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for all the replies guys! Glad this thread keeps getting some love. My bronco is a whole lot different from when I posted this thread a half a year ago, time sure does fly. After I get it running (yes, it's broken down at the moment), I plan on replacing the U-Joints on the front driveshaft, adjusting the timing, and fixing my rear drum brakes. I might even replace the fluid in both axles and reseal them. Then, I'll top up all my fluids, fill my tires up, and my friend Dylan and I will head up to Cashes Valley Road. I've seen some sweet videos from that trail, and it seems perfect for my level of experience (which is next to none). Finally, the Bronco vs. Heep showdown I've been waiting for.

Oh, and by the way @Mels , I wouldn't mind if you added me to the GA Bronco club :)

TheHalfJamaican
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-29-2019, 07:44 PM

Bronco Info: 96 White Sport EFI 466 MAF/OBD-II, D60/D70, 38's, 96 White EB-King Ranch'd w/ 4" on 33's
RiverRock is now open. 10x better and cheaper than Durhamtown. However, Durhamtown has other activities, camp grounds, small restaurant, etc. RiverRock is privately owned. Check their FB page for what weekends their open. I've been 1/2 a dozen times since they've been back open. Very informal but Steve (owner) is getting better with volunteers. If you're looking for mud and lower rated trails hit up D-town. $50/day tho IIRC.

Check out my Bronco Logic YouTube Channel!
1996 Wht Sport-MAF/OBD II 466, tons,38s
1996 Wht EB-KR'd 351, 4",33s
1976 Ranger-351 EFI,C4,Twin'd D20, 5.5",37s
SOLD 34 others....
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 PM

Bronco Info: 1992
There is a park in north Georgia 5313 off-road I have never been but know a few friends who have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Wheeling > Dixie Chapter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode