Stan's AEV Bronco Build - Page 2 - Ford Bronco Forum
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Yar

willwood makes great brake parts and if i had the money i would put them on my truck

www.UC4X4.com California Bay Area 4x4 Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 08:50 PM
It's BTW Not AKA!

Bronco Info: 92 F-150 4x4, 302, BBK Shorties, Flowmaster Duals, M5OD, 2" Rancho Coils, 33x12.50 M/Ts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
Im aware of that company and they make really nice parts. There is also a web site for people who actually expedition around the world which is pretty cool (I'll have to find it later).

I didn't realize so many people were going to watch my build, now I'm all giddy and excited to get more work done.
Turtle Expedition?

http://www.turtleexpedition.com/

1992 F-150 4x4
East Coast Firefighting- Only the Best
http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...il.php?id=4768

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogonmut View Post
NTB stole my baby's momma away from me when she was on her way down to the check cashin' store to pay my beeper bill.
Quote:
I spent $330 for 4 BJs.
post #23 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:06 PM

Bronco Info: Stockish 93 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356; 79, 400/T-18/NP205, D44/9"
AEV? Stan, I don't see round headlights, a bull logo, or an Nth Degree suspension under that thing

post #24 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 10:28 PM

Bronco Info: '96 Bronco - 5.8ltr, 55k miles, 6" SAS
That's awesome Stan... Like others have said, it's my plan too, albeit a different route. I'm switching to SAS now, and doing the other auxiliary (OBA, lighting, winches) stuff afterwards. My opinion is probably worth about what your paying for it, (I'm the fact that I'm switching now probably has something to do with it), but I was never able to keep my old TTB in alignment with my old bronco when off-roading, and I just like the simplicity of the solid axle for trail repairs and maintenance. Different subject entirely though. Other than that, you and I will be on very similar paths.

Have you ever thought of a trailer to help with those expeditions? When I was really into it the whole AEV thing, I decided I wanted a trailer to tow behind me for more storage and camping room. I'll have to show you what I've built so far, and what my plans are for it if your interested... Here it is behind my old truck, and it's basically how it sits for now too (this was at a football game last year, but picture a camper top on the top of it and painted to match the truck):

post #25 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:40 PM

Bronco Info: 93 Bronco, sixlitre upgrade, k&n air filter, 31 inch wild countrys
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_4_vt View Post
That's awesome Stan... Like others have said, it's my plan too, albeit a different route. I'm switching to SAS now, and doing the other auxiliary (OBA, lighting, winches) stuff afterwards. My opinion is probably worth about what your paying for it, (I'm the fact that I'm switching now probably has something to do with it), but I was never able to keep my old TTB in alignment with my old bronco when off-roading, and I just like the simplicity of the solid axle for trail repairs and maintenance. Different subject entirely though. Other than that, you and I will be on very similar paths.

Have you ever thought of a trailer to help with those expeditions? When I was really into it the whole AEV thing, I decided I wanted a trailer to tow behind me for more storage and camping room. I'll have to show you what I've built so far, and what my plans are for it if your interested... Here it is behind my old truck, and it's basically how it sits for now too (this was at a football game last year, but picture a camper top on the top of it and painted to match the truck):

hey a goped! are you still into them things? i had one a couple years back. theres a website called gopednation.com to go to if your still into them and wanting to know more.

damn stan my bronco wants to be like yours one day...

post #26 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 EB 5.8, eaod on 35"km2's 4" BDS lift. stock cats with glass pack muffler, axle code H9.
i love Stan's Bronco, if i was going to have just one truck it would be simular to this

current Bronco 1993
post #27 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 03:11 PM

Bronco Info: 1993 EB 5.8, eaod on 35"km2's 4" BDS lift. stock cats with glass pack muffler, axle code H9.
Quote:
My truck needs some maintenance attention asap. I have a leaky master cylinder, worn out brake pads, and scored rotors... plus I need extended brake lines.

Heres my thinking:
F350 Brake booster
F350 Master cylinder with a new "switch"
New brake pads
and possibly turn the rotors?

What is a good set of pads to get (seeing as how Napa Auto has like 5 choices) and how much will having a shop re-surface run me? The rotors aren't in too bad of shape, but they are scored and NOT smooth. If I drag my finger nail across them, I can feel the roughness pretty good.

Ideas?
Dont know about the F350 swap in a 96. however, get new rotors dont even think about turning them anymore. I just did rotors and pads on my 04 F150 from NAPA. i usually use the middle of the price range pads, which were $50. they went from 20 to 100. the top end are ceramic which i tried but didnt notice a diff, except they liked to eat rotors.
the mid grade ones are close to OEM metallic

current Bronco 1993
post #28 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 03:47 PM
Fullsize Member

Bronco Info: '95 Bronco, 351W, NP435/205, Solid D44 front, 35" MTR's, 3.55 gears
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_4_vt View Post

Oh darn you for giving me ideas

My SuperFord
'95 Eddie Bauer-- 351W, NP435/205, D44 SAS
post #29 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Sayulita Layta!

Bronco Info: 1996 Ford Blazer. Lifted, locked, and loaded. Where's the Zombies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
i love Stan's Bronco, if i was going to have just one truck it would be simular to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob G View Post
Dont know about the F350 swap in a 96. however, get new rotors dont even think about turning them anymore. I just did rotors and pads on my 04 F150 from NAPA. i usually use the middle of the price range pads, which were $50. they went from 20 to 100. the top end are ceramic which i tried but didnt notice a diff, except they liked to eat rotors.
the mid grade ones are close to OEM metallic
Thanks for both inputs I want stronger braking power so Im going to give the F350 booster and MC a shot (plus I need to bleed my brake lines anyways). I think Im going to stop by Ford this week and get some prices on Motorcraft rotors and pads. The only thing is that I will have to find someone who can press the hub and studs out of the old and into the new rotor.

What would happen if I left the stock rotor?

California Bay Area off road UC4x4.com
post #30 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks for both inputs I want stronger braking power so Im going to give the F350 booster and MC a shot (plus I need to bleed my brake lines anyways). I think Im going to stop by Ford this week and get some prices on Motorcraft rotors and pads. The only thing is that I will have to find someone who can press the hub and studs out of the old and into the new rotor.

The thing is you are running a tire that is much larger than OE. You need to upgrade to larger brakes. But if not, then at least stay away from the Motorcraft Brake pads. They don't stop as well as OE pads.

BRR-56 Front Rotor $85.85 MSRP
BR-46 Front Pads $55.73 MSRP
F5TZ-2001-BC Ford Pads $89.88 (replaced by MC with in 3 monthes, but dealers should still have a couple sets left, I know we have a set)

Good luck

1991 Bronco XLT, 351w.
1972 Tahiti Tiger, 455 Olds ballanced & blue printed, Berkeley JC jet pump.
post #31 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:23 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer 351W want a lift!!
Quote:

I was able to pound out the studs and then reapply the hub to the new rotor without any problem. My buddy and I did it and the only problem was getting to all the studs to seat correctly (as far as depth) into the holes for the studs. PM me with ?'s. I also went with brembo brake rotors and I got them for 50 buck shipped to my door.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...920_1_full.jpg

1992 Eddie Bauer 351W
4 inch Rancho lift kit 33" BFG'S K&N Sixlitre upgrade KC Lights Pioneer deck Infinity Subwoofer!!!
post #32 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:33 PM

Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer - 5.8L 351W - E4OD - '78 D44HP SAS - 4.88 Gears - 35" BFG MTs - 160A 3G etc..
Pound the studs out with a hammer.

To reinstall, lightly tap the studs just so they stay in place, and when you put your wheel back on, torque the bolts to the right torque. Two trips around the block, and re torque.

Check them every now and again for a week or so. By doing this instead of pressing them in, you're essentially using the wheel to pull them through.

Worked for me anyways.

-Alex
post #33 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 09:48 PM

Bronco Info: 1994, 302, 60/10.25, ecobox doubler in progress
Quote:

I just got the crossed drilled and slotted ones from bronco graveyard. but you can pound the studs out with a hammer. Then to get them back in stick them in the frezer for 2 hours or so and then stick in the holes and hit with brass punch.

post #34 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 11:53 PM

Bronco Info: 02 f250 ccsb 7.3l 4x4 & 96 5.0 xlt
Yeah you should be able to switch out the wheel studs no problem. I have always used my BFH and it works great.

The f350 brake upgrade is also a worth while upgrade. I also have a 96 and it was as simple as buying parts for a 96 f350. There will be a couple different bore sizes for the MC, I just chose the biggest one.

Are you planning on doing the wheel cylinders also? if so get the ones for DRW. I found that the SRW ones have a different size brake line fitting than our stock stuff ( I chose the largest bore size in those also).
post #35 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 02:27 AM Thread Starter
Sayulita Layta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckslvr View Post
The thing is you are running a tire that is much larger than OE. You need to upgrade to larger brakes. But if not, then at least stay away from the Motorcraft Brake pads. They don't stop as well as OE pads.

BRR-56 Front Rotor $85.85 MSRP
BR-46 Front Pads $55.73 MSRP
F5TZ-2001-BC Ford Pads $89.88 (replaced by MC with in 3 monthes, but dealers should still have a couple sets left, I know we have a set)

Good luck
Whats the difference between Motorcraft and OE? Aren't they both made by Ford? The part numbers you listed are for OE? Whats the difference between the two pads you listed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggies92bronco View Post
I was able to pound out the studs and then reapply the hub to the new rotor without any problem. My buddy and I did it and the only problem was getting to all the studs to seat correctly (as far as depth) into the holes for the studs. PM me with ?'s. I also went with brembo brake rotors and I got them for 50 buck shipped to my door.
Whered you get those Brembo's at? Id like to see a link...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiem View Post
Yeah you should be able to switch out the wheel studs no problem. I have always used my BFH and it works great.

The f350 brake upgrade is also a worth while upgrade. I also have a 96 and it was as simple as buying parts for a 96 f350. There will be a couple different bore sizes for the MC, I just chose the biggest one.

Are you planning on doing the wheel cylinders also? if so get the ones for DRW. I found that the SRW ones have a different size brake line fitting than our stock stuff ( I chose the largest bore size in those also).

Thanks for the input!

post #36 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
Diesel Gynachologist

Bronco Info: 2001 F350
motorcraft has a "value" line of pads vs the OE pads. alot cheaper but still not as good as quality as the OE ones. I would run motorcraft before anything autozone tho. had these on the F150 and they did good but lots of brake dust.

Ford Senior Master Technician

http://www.superford.org/registry/ve...x.php?vID=1309
Quote:
"The existence of flamethrowers is proof that someone, somewhere, said to himself, "I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't feel like walking over there to do it."
post #37 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM

Bronco Info: 95 Bronco O.J. style
Stan, I very much like your truck! You should get "AEV" wheels. They make them in 5x5.5 lug patterns (I think?)

Please note: mad Buffalo center cap.

1995 XLT Sport 302.

Last edited by schwim; 11-28-2017 at 04:47 PM.
post #38 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Sayulita Layta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp13 View Post
Stan, I very much like your truck! You should get "AEV" wheels. They make them in 5x5.5 lug patterns (I think?)

DAMN! I didnt think of that when I was buying wheels. But Jeeps bolt patterns are 5x4.5, unless AEV makes stuff for CJ's

Last edited by schwim; 11-28-2017 at 04:47 PM.
post #39 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Bronco Info: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by stomp13 View Post

1997 Ford F250 Heavy Duty XLT 4x4
7.3L PSD CCSB, E4OD, D50 TTB, 10.25 FF LS, 3.55's
2001 Ford E350 Super Duty Work Van
5.4L V8

Last edited by schwim; 11-28-2017 at 04:48 PM.
post #40 of 882 (permalink) Old 08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
has no skidplate

Bronco Info: 1990 5.8l on 33" BFG A/T, warn hubs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhart View Post
just so you know, there is a already company called AEV which stands for American Expedition Vehicles, they do jeep stuff.
also a company called AEV which stands for Amerian Emergency Vehicles.
http://www.aev.com/main.php

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode