So Ive had the bronco (still unnamed) for over a year now and was still trying to decide what to do.
Well in the last week or so I have decided. I am gonna do the Dana 60 front and a 10 1/4 rear. So in lamence terms (as put by spectre) I pulled my skirt up and manned up haha.
So I will just give a little background on her, and what I want to do as well as what Ive already done.
I bought her basically in Mexico a little over a year ago and it was running chitty. Hard to get up over 55 or 60 on the way home, horrible exhaust leak and abunch of other little problems.
I had never really wrenched on anything before so this was a great chance to learn a bunch stuff and I found this forum. SO in the process I have also met a ton of great people.
So, following some reading I did a full tune up, plugs wires rotor coil, fluid change, fuel filter and a K&N intake. I figured out the exhaust leak which was two cracked exhaust manifolds. So that started the process of finding headers, and a good exhaust guy. I got JBA headers and had a new exhaust from there back including cats. All of a sudden the truck runs great haha
So moving on Redwagon offered up some well run 35s for free. So I picked them up and replaced my 32's. Since then I have moved on to fresh BFG MT KM2's and I love em.
I had a problem with my auto hubs so I replaced them with Warn Manual hubs and at the same time I redid the brakes from the lines out.
From there I did the electric fan swap (which has since been replaced with twin fans from a mercedes, but still needs a new fan controller setup)
I upgraded to the 3g alternator, replaced the stock PS pump.
The truck had some bad paint on the hood and roof so instead of doing a repaint I decided to do something different and went with herculiner (bedliner stuff) and did the whole inside and outside of the truck with it. I wanted to add some good sound to the truck so I put a dvd player in that was out of another of my vehicles, and I built a custom center console that contains the woofer. I cut out part of the floor under the rear seat and built a box that dipped down under the truck to put my amps and other elcetronics in and out of the way.
I put new gauges in one for voltage, one for engine temp and one for tranny temp (that has not been finished)
I had to get dragged out of Cleghorn by Spectre and it destroyed the stock front bumper so I bought a sheet of 3/16 metal and created a beast of a front bumper and with the remains I also fabbed a rear bumper (that looks a lot like stock)
The latest mods have been an Edelbrock upper and lower fuel intake, and edelbrock aluminum heads.
I bought a 9 inch a few weeks ago that was pretty much all I wanted to do but I started reading into and talked to Jason Carpenter and Ed and am now going to do a SAS.
So now that I have written a novel on what Ive done, Im gonna try to keep the future projects part to an easy read.
I may have found a donor vehicle (F350) with the kingpin dana 60 etc...
So I wanna do the front and rear axle swap, leaf sprung front end. I think the plan is to go with around a 6-8 inch suspension lift and a body lift, 37s for daily driving and then 39 or 40 inch boggers for the trail riding. I want it to be able to do everything overall. I wanna do the trail and rock thing but be able to do the crazy mud when the opportunity presents itself.
I was gonna do more great work to the 351 (cam, etc...) but the donor truck I found (but have not gotten) has a 460 in it so I think that I may just fuel inject that motor and do a 460 swap
I will post some pics in the next few posts, from the beginning to now.
Thanks for reading