Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#15,421 ·
Does it turn over at full speed or is it laboring? I’d start by checking the battery or having it checked. Cables okay? Are you getting spark from the coil/TFI to the distributor while it is turning over? What’s the inside of the distributor cap and rotor look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FOUND THE ISSUE ITS THE IAC..... This whole truck is rebuilt new... so was puzzled

IAC is ford Achilles heal,,,it gets contamination easily then it sticks and starves the engine of proper oxygen...

Ford put out a fix on later models to address this.. iTS A METAL PLATE that fits between the IAC and the throttle body right side.
it has two adjustment screws and acts as an air bypass to prevent this sticking. I am ordering one from ebay about 60$

#15,426 ·
FROM ANOTHER MEMBER.. in the TBS link:
dirtmerchant

Bronco Info: use to be 302aod and 302c6, now its a gt40p 302/np435!
on my 89 the port at the back was nearly clogged this iw what i did

1 took off top plenum cleaned out clog and oil residual
2got a longer brake booster hose
3 connected brake booster to rear pcv vacuum port
4 relocated pcv vacuum to center tree of vacuum ports, where the brake booster was connected

the hose barbs are the same size.

i was pulling 18 vacuum, after that mod and some seafoaming oil changes etc it pulls 20-22 at idle and runs BETTER. easiest thing ive done, easier than drilling a hole

#15,427 ·
Some wisea$$ put a "We buy junk Cars" business card on my Bronco, took it off and put it on the Mercedes Benz that was next to me.
I can do one better...I had a tweek come to my door, offering $50 scrap value for Eddie. I told him that I was going to fix him and get him back on the road. Besides, when I did sell him, it was for $300.

#15,428 ·
Loaded it up with presents and drove to the city to visit 4 different friends and their families and drop off a little Holiday cheer. :santa :drinkbud:
Got rejected from 1 car wash who said my tires were too wide but loved my FSB. Found another place to wash it off that had a double pass dryer. Normally, I wouldn't care but it was well below freezing w/clea sky and sunny skies, so the double dry was a nice touch that kept my rig from turning into a giant, black popsicle. I also found a place that sold me 8 beef, barrel bones for my Banshee. Everybody's gettin' somethin' fer Christmas this year! :rockon Had a great time playing Santa's helper and it's become something of a tradition since I moved out to the rural county.

Merry Christmas to all... and to all, a good Christmas Eve's Eve. :toothless

#15,431 ·
Father in law gave me a couple of his old CB radios from his basement. Vintage GE unit probably 40 years old at least and slightly newer Cobra unit - both barely used if at all. One of these will go in my FUTURE Bronco.

The good ole Cobra 29. Can't go wrong with one of those. I have a Uniden Pro 510xl in my 66, because its compact, cheap and tough as hell. I take my '66 to very remote places, and I needed something as rough and ready as the truck. And it would only be right to have a 9' full wave whip on the back.

#15,433 · (Edited)
OEM PARTS KITS MOD IAC

FOUND THE ISSUE ITS THE IAC..... This whole truck is rebuilt new... so was puzzled

IAC is ford Achilles heal,,,it gets contamination easily then it sticks and starves the engine of proper oxygen...

Ford put out a fix on later models to address this.. iTS A METAL PLATE that fits between the IAC and the throttle body right side.
it has two adjustment screws and acts as an air bypass to prevent this sticking. I am ordering one from ebay about 60$

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r3nCwZsS3M
Just received OEM parts kit to mod/fix IAC Idle issues 1987 XLT 5.0 pics below p/n and contents

#15,436 ·
Finalized my guage install, short of hiding loose wires.
Gorgeous job!

Can I ask roughly what one could expect to spend on those gauges and related senders needed to perform such a swap?

Reactions: bsd4083
#15,437 ·
Gorgeous job!

Can I ask roughly what one could expect to spend on those gauges and related senders needed to perform such a swap?
Thank you!

I have a full writeup in the technical writeup section, if anyone is interested and hasn't seen it.

If you opt for the mechanical or electric speedometer instead of the GPS Speedo, it'll save you about $150. I'd say about $1100 is what I have in the gauges. Though most were insurance replacements for ones I had ready to go in my 96 psd when our shop burnt.

The warning lights and senders added about another hundred. I had the wire, terminals, and other supplies. The hole saws are a funky size (2.0625" and 3.375"). The only other real expense was the little bit of sheet metal from TSC.

The hardest part was incorporating the factory gauge cluster supply wires into my new wiring.

#15,439 ·
Greased the 92’s rear driveshaft. Checked for any play, found a loose trans mount bolt and tightened that up. Still has a vibration under load above 45-50 mph:banghead