Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#17,361 ·
Joined the ricer and squatted crowd today and installed wheel spacers. My 15x8’s with 4”BS hit my ‘79 radius arms when turned too sharp. Maybe these will fix that. It’s been raining too hard to test drive tonight.

Attachments

#17,362 ·
Got the call from the shop saying he just had to bleed the brakes some more and it should be ready to pick up tomorrow. Had the front end completely rebuilt, True Tracs installed front and rear, rear axle bearings and seals, rear wheel cylinders and a couple other things.
Lookin' forward to gettin' Ol' Faithful back!:ford

#17,365 ·
Started my tire carrier resto. Got everything torn down, sanded, primed and painted. Gotta order some bushings for the mounts now and try to bring the old tire cover back to life. It’s pretty weather beaten, but should be able to get some more life out of it.

Bonus shop dog
Dude, I am doing the same thing right now. You will be my hero if you can link the bushings you are ordering. I was leaving mine in so I wouldn't destroy them.

Please post the link!!

#17,366 ·
Drilled, tapped and installed a 1/4-20 helicoil in the fuel rail mounting boss on the lower intake cleaned up the timing cover and removed the old front main seal. Realized that I installed my GT40 heads backwards, with the open thermactor ports facing the front... [emoji17] and I didn't work on anything today because it was too windy and I don't have a garage... [emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: joedirt216
#17,367 ·
Passenger side header had a crack near the collector, so I wound up replacing my 13 y/o BBKs with a new set. Same exact kind BBK-35110, stainless steel ceramic coated. That passenger side header bolt is the biggest b**ch, about an hour into it I remembered I had a special hex tool for the back header bolt :doh0715:..

Everything is buttoned up now I'll retorque after a couple of heat cycles. still sounds like I have a leak somewhere..not sure if it's where the ball seals at the collector or the exhaust pipe itself which is relatively new..it's always something..

#17,370 ·
Thanks for the compliment. But if you look a bit closer, you'll see why I call it 'rusty red'. There are NO panels on that truck that aren't dented or have rust holes. I bought it for $500 because the previous owner was told that it needed a new frame. One spring bucket was shot, and about a month after fixing it, the other went also. I've replaced the back with some leaves from an F250, which might explain why the back isn't squatting too badly in that picture. The 5.8 is destined for the bronco, hopefully this spring/summer.
I saw the "issues" you speak of, but still looks good and looks like it has lots of potential. Hate to hear it isn't going to survive forever, but what does.

Good luck.
tim

#17,371 ·
Dude, I am doing the same thing right now. You will be my hero if you can link the bushings you are ordering. I was leaving mine in so I wouldn't destroy them.

Please post the link!!

I ordered these oil embedded brass bushings from McMaster Carr. (4 total)

https://www.mcmaster.com/oil-impregnated-bushings

Part #6659K32

Supposed to be an upgrade from the plastic factory style bushings. We’ll see.

As for the tire carrier tailgate striker bushing, am I supposed to cut it to put it around the tire carrier? Can’t see any other way to install it really.

#17,372 ·
As for the tire carrier tailgate striker bushing, am I supposed to cut it to put it around the tire carrier? Can’t see any other way to install it really.
If this is the part you're talking about, the one I just bought from JBG is split so it fits over the tube just fine. The picture doesn't show the split, but it is. If you bought one from someplace else, then cut it.

https://shop.broncograveyard.com/Tire-Rack-Striker-Sleeve-Bushing-87-96/productinfo/35306/

#17,373 ·
#17,374 ·
That’s the one. Got mine in the other day, but no slit. Easy enough to make one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's weird, I was up at JBG on Monday, and spent my $9 on one, and it was split. Maybe they have multiple suppliers.

BTW, for those of you that are somewhat local to JBG (Jeff's Bronco Graveyard), they have changed their retail model, and now they want you to place (call in) the order 24 hours before picking it up. I didn't do that, but they took my money (I bought more than just the sleeve) anyway.

#17,375 · (Edited)
spare tire cover

Started my tire carrier resto. Got everything torn down, sanded, primed and painted. Gotta order some bushings for the mounts now and try to bring the old tire cover back to life. It’s pretty weather beaten, but should be able to get some more life out of it.

Bonus shop dog
Youngdump, here is a spare tire cover "MADE IN THE USA" if you can believe that, it's held up really well fits good, and looks like the original!!
Got it off Amazon, for like $50.00

Attachments

#17,376 ·
Realized that I installed my GT40 heads backwards, with the open thermactor ports facing the front...
Don't feel bad. I did that on a '77 Mustang II with 302. It was embarrassing, to say the least,:duh to hear exhaust coming from under the A/C compressor bracket....:doh0715:

#17,377 ·
Don't feel bad. I did that on a '77 Mustang II with 302. It was embarrassing, to say the least,:duh to hear exhaust coming from under the A/C compressor bracket....:doh0715:
That's pretty fun bro, I don't feel as bad now [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

#17,379 ·
Youngdump, here is a spare tire cover "MADE IN THE USA" if you can believe that, it's held up really well fits good, and looks like the original!!
Got it off Amazon, for like $50.00
Looked pretty good, so I dug a bit. Picked one up for my '95 through their eBay store.
Hope it's as good as it sounds. Thanks for the tip. :thumbup

#17,380 ·
Completed my A/C system rebuild a few minutes ago. The compressor failed and I got a new one and new components to go with it.

Pulled a vacuum on it last night and let it set over night. I checked it this morning and the vacuum held.

Just got done charging it up with the recommended oil and refrigerant charge. Let it run in the carport for about 30 mins and it never skipped a beat.

Gonna go out tonight and test run it on the road and see what it does.

I am thinking it is all good at this point and I am a happy camper!