Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#17,462 ·
was buttoning up my ball joint repair and i cannot get that c washer or snap ring to seat flush on the end of the axle spline...any suggestions.
Take a big screwdriver or thin-ish prybar and put it in the axles u-joint. Push the axle outward and you’ll be able to install the snap rings.

#17,464 ·
FSB flipper now huh? Hope it plays and pays out well for ya bud. :thumbup
just trying to hustle any way i can. i don't know that i'll be able to do it more than once seeing how it took me nearly 2 months to find this one.

This would definitely be a woods truck if I owned it. I found myself wishing my truck was not in as good of shape as it is now while I was in Moab. I wanted to get down and dirty with alot of the other guys but was afraid to mess up my nice fenders and such. A truck like this would be a great woods truck....

i plan to fix the fender as best i can. if i can't weld in a replacement panel, then..."i know a guy" who can. but this is perfect for mixed use, for sure.

#17,465 ·
Yo,
My much- better-half told me that she couldn't turn the tailgate key either way, but was able to lower & raise glass with cab switch. I went out and sprayed powdered graphite into the cylinder and on the key, but couldn't turn key.
Kept inserting graphite, but no go.

Ford recommends"Penetrating Lubricant E8AZ-19A501-B or equivalent commercial product is used to eliminate sticking or binding of all key lock cylinders."

I sprayed some PB Blaster in, let it sit for an hour, but no difference.

If recall correctly , the cylinder has a weep hole on underside. May need to pull cylinder and inspect entire cylinder/switch mechanism.

The cylinder cost is $39.95 @ NPD. OUCH!

#17,466 ·
Watching the tracking for delivery of my replacement hub for the '95. 2 day shipping (extra) from Rock Auto was STILL $85 cheaper than ordering it from NAPA. Hope to get both races installed, rotor pressed on, inner bearing and seal installed and that way everything is ready for install and hopefully start on it Wednesday after work. Not being able to fit the lifted 95 in my shop is a PAIN. I'm seriously considering going to the junkyard or checking CL or Facebook marketplace and buying some TINY tires and rims that will bolt on so I can fit it in the shop.

#17,467 ·
Watching the tracking for delivery of my replacement hub for the '95. 2 day shipping (extra) from Rock Auto was STILL $85 cheaper than ordering it from NAPA. Hope to get both races installed, rotor pressed on, inner bearing and seal installed and that way everything is ready for install and hopefully start on it Wednesday after work. Not being able to fit the lifted 95 in my shop is a PAIN. I'm seriously considering going to the junkyard or checking CL or Facebook marketplace and buying some TINY tires and rims that will bolt on so I can fit it in the shop.
Yo CT,
See f you can rent a Hydraulic Wheel Dolly such as Sunex Tools https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-Tools-1500-Pound-Hydraulic-Wheel/dp/B019MJFQJO
Seen a few at local yards and local shops.

#17,468 ·
Yo CT,
See f you can rent a Hydraulic Wheel Dolly such as Sunex Tools https://www.amazon.com/Sunex-Tools-1500-Pound-Hydraulic-Wheel/dp/B019MJFQJO
Seen a few at local yards and local shops.
Problem is getting those small casters / wheels over the lip from the black top to the concrete in my shop. I thought about picking up wheel dollies at Harbor Freight, I've used them before to move a project vehicle up against the wall for the room to work on something else.

#17,471 ·
About a month ago, I used the F150 and the winch to pull the bronco over to the side of the garage where the welder is. My crossmember had cracked where the pivot drop bracket was attached on the passenger side. Since the engine is out, I figured now would be the time to fix it.

I also beefed up the drop bracket by adding a 'gusset' and a piece of angle, so now, instead of only 4 bolts holding it on, it has 7.

Today, I put the pivot bolt back in and winched it back around the house and into its normal spot on the driveway.

#17,472 ·
Driving the 88 home from work tonight. On HY2 there is a farmhouse on a corner that always seems to have something for sale out in a field. Today there is what looked to me was a 78 or 9 Bronco! It looked pretty beat and I thought of taking a pic. But as it is I just got this Moto G7 and am still trying to figure out how to download pics to my computer. It seems I have to get an "app" to store pics in and move everything from the camera to the app. Then I can download pics. OR! I'll just toss my Samsung in the cooler and take a pic with that!:thumbup What kind of goddamn do they sell where you can't download pics? I can surely tell you, it's the Motorola G7!!!:banghead

#17,475 ·
Driving the 88 home from work tonight. On HY2 there is a farmhouse on a corner that always seems to have something for sale out in a field. Today there is what looked to me was a 78 or 9 Bronco! It looked pretty beat and I thought of taking a pic. But as it is I just got this Moto G7 and am still trying to figure out how to download pics to my computer. It seems I have to get an "app" to store pics in and move everything from the camera to the app. Then I can download pics. OR! I'll just toss my Samsung in the cooler and take a pic with that!:thumbup What kind of goddamn do they sell where you can't download pics? I can surely tell you, it's the Motorola G7!!!:banghead
This is what I got when I googled. I don't know if it's exactly what you have, but maybe it'll help.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-224170/

#17,476 ·
Got the new hub in. It comes with new bearing races installed. Confirmed they are the same PT# as the ones that came with my Timken bearing sets. Got it cleaned out (machine oil) inner bearing packed / installed, cavity greased, inner wheel seal installed and used the new wheel studs to get the rotor pressed on the hub. Everything ready to go back together FINALLY.

#17,477 ·
Well I drove home from work tonight and got up to the farm where the old Bronco was for sale yesterday. I downloaded a picture app called "keepsafe" for my pictures on the G7. I transferred the pics from the camera into it and was ready to pull off the road and click a pic of this rig and post it here. It was GONE! As I drove past the place I could see the front of it poking out from behind a barn. Did someone already buy it and hasn't picked it up yet? Or did the owner have second thoughts and decided to keep it? Who knows. There is a lot of rush hour traffic that goes by that place and nothing that guy has for sale last's very long there.
Thanks for the link Doosenberry. I'll check it out later!:thumbup