Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

What did you do to your bronco today?

2M views 25K replies 2K participants last post by  thedeuce01 
#1 ·
Lets get a sticky!!!

It's easy, tell us anything you've done to your Bronco today. It could be as simple as staring at it, or as complicated as finishing a SAS, doesn't matter

I washed mine today, and tried to fix my loose passenger side mirror

#17,503 ·
Stripped out my back window, and had to quickly fix it between the massive rain storms we've been getting.
20 - 30 minutes after, with the window back up, it was a downpour!

#17,506 ·
Got my u joints. Oreillys didn’t have three spicer joints, so I picked up this Precision one also. It’s got a lifetime warranty as well so at least there’s that. I’ll put that one on the pinion yoke in case it fails it’ll be an easier fix.

For some reason I’m reminded of Tommy Boy. :histerica

#17,507 ·
#17,508 ·
Driveshaft rebuilt with new yoke/CV ball assembly from JBG, three new Spicers, double cardan put back together, all greased up, slip shaft lubed, and installed. Test drive all good - no noise or vibration. Very relieved it wasn’t something bigger. :thumbup :goodfinge

#17,513 ·
LOL - yes, I painted the red and white 86 blue. Its Raptor Liner tinted with Ford Bright Dark Blue Metallic. And yes, I'm digging the color. I'll be redoing/painting the interior in dark grey or black.

Attachments

#17,514 ·
Looks great man! Sorry I missed that thread...I’ll have to go look for it now.

Yeah BP, the only time I get to look at the full site is at work, and work’s been busy lately. And this Tapatalk app does a decent job of showing me updates to my sub’d threads, but isn’t a good platform for browsing the forum. That, and I don’t want to be that dad who’s staring at his phone all evening around his kids. :shrug

Anyway, I liked the two tone, but blue looks good on ya!

#17,515 ·
Not much. Wednesday night is garbage night, so I have to load the big can into the back of the rusty red F150 and drive it down to the mailboxes. When I went to slam the tailgate, the passenger side 'hinge pin' broke off. So thursday over lunch, I went down the street to my favorite junkyard and pulled one. $2. Now I'm sick and don't feel like going outside and fixing it. But I probably should since I need to get some more rock for the road, and I can't very well drive around with a load of rocks and no tailgate.

#17,518 ·
Tore down the pass side hub etc to replace a very trashed out ujoint. Put in new wheel bearings, spindle bearing, seals, rotor while I was at it.

Thought about doing ball joints but they are good and tight and my wallet is really hurting after all my recent Bronco projects.

I was going to tackle the inner while I was there but after fighting to get the old outer ujoint out with a vise and ball joint press for about a hour I decided to wait until it demands it and at that point consider a SAS or pay someone with a lift to do it. God I sound like I’m getting old - oh wait, I am!

Going to do the other side next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro