I'm loosing interest - Page 5 - Ford Bronco Forum
View Poll Results: What to do? What to Do?
Sell 93 and start new project 6 9.52%
Build Early Bronco Crawler with transplant parts 12 19.05%
Get over it and keep wheeling till it dies 45 71.43%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Need a Bumper?
 
Hefty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monument, Colorado
Posts: 4,770
Bronco Info: 93 Bronco 7in SAS 38's 4.56 and rear detroit front e-locker, 72 bronco under construction
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualthrush2s View Post
hey hefty, whats a reasonable price for an eb? I would love one but dont even knw what to expect to pay. I have a 78 el camino i cud barter with at some point to lol
Depends on what condition its in, what year, original or restored or hacked up into a wheeler. Typically anywhere from $2500 unrestored with rust possibly running to $8000 in good original condition. Up to 30-50K for a fully restored or Resto-mod. I would say 5k is average though for a driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Theman View Post
I don't think he does serious crawling with it, as far as I know.


actually it's "da carcass" werd
Who doesn't do any serious crawling?
Hefty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gilbert Arizona
Posts: 959
Bronco Info: 1992 Eddie Bauer 351W want a lift!!
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefty View Post
Pretty much but not for lack of trying. I've heard a lot worse suggestions

Just for those that are questioning the HP ratings
Stock 460 got 235 hp and 390 lb-ft of torque from the factory

Stock 1993 351w got 200hp 315ft/lbs of torque.

My engine: 190cc/162cc Aluminum heads, Roller rockers, Bumped timing, hotter plugs, injector upgrades, headers, High flow cat and muffler, Strait 3in exhaust and various other upgrades. Approximately 340hp and 400ft/lb torque
If you dont mind how much were the heads and roller rocker conversion? I am planning my motor build and need to figure out a budget....

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...920_1_full.jpg

1992 Eddie Bauer 351W
4 inch Rancho lift kit 33" BFG'S K&N Sixlitre upgrade KC Lights Pioneer deck Infinity Subwoofer!!!
biggies92bronco is offline  
post #83 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered User
 
dualthrush2s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 369
Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Ranger XLT
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefty View Post
Depends on what condition its in, what year, original or restored or hacked up into a wheeler. Typically anywhere from $2500 unrestored with rust possibly running to $8000 in good original condition. Up to 30-50K for a fully restored or Resto-mod. I would say 5k is average though for a driver.


Who doesn't do any serious crawling?
Thanks man ya in the future after i sell the chevy i wanna get an eb, always loved them and knew they were expensive lol but ya i wud prolly be lookin for one thas jus not hacked up i dont care bout the rust but jus long as the bodys all there ya knw. What do they call the one that has regular wheel wells and no top jus a front windshield and its all open? I jus dont like the ones with the half covered rear wheels like the early courier trucks or caddys ya knw. Do you have any pics of urs on here or a build thread for it i cud chek out?

Aint that some shit

78 Bronco Ranger XLT-351m c6 205 3" BL 33" A/T's
Jericho Build Thread
dualthrush2s is offline  
post #84 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Fullsize Member
 
Scoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Austin, TX & Cuchara, CO
Posts: 3,674
Bronco Info: 78 Custom, 84 Custom, 74 Ranger - stock, 76 Trail Rig
iTrader: (3)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualthrush2s View Post
Thanks man ya in the future after i sell the chevy i wanna get an eb, always loved them and knew they were expensive lol but ya i wud prolly be lookin for one thas jus not hacked up i dont care bout the rust but jus long as the bodys all there ya knw. What do they call the one that has regular wheel wells and no top jus a front windshield and its all open? I jus dont like the ones with the half covered rear wheels like the early courier trucks or caddys ya knw. Do you have any pics of urs on here or a build thread for it i cud chek out?
Early Broncos came in 3 flavors: U13 = Roadster, U14 = Half Cab, U15 = Wagon. The open one you're referring to is the Roadster. Original U13's are really expensive, but the good thing is you can convert any Bronco to any of the different types - all bolt on stuff. My trail rig is a U15 Wagon but has been converted to a Roadster with door inserts, soft doors and a soft top.

All early Broncos came from the factory with "half covered wheels" as you put it. These are known as "uncuts" and also demand a premium. The ones you like have had the rear quarters cut and probably flares installed. Most EB's have been cut - that's why the uncuts can cost more. Hefty got the prices right, although you can still pick up a rusty non-running EB for about $1000 to $1500. I think the best are the 73-75's - they have all the goodies like ps, auto, D44 up front and J-shift T-case. Some people prefer the 76-77's because they had factory front disks but they also have a funky inverted Y steering set up. So since it's easy to add disks to the 73-75's, I prefer them. Good Luck!
Scoop is offline  
post #85 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered User
 
scott 351 wins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: rochelle illinois
Posts: 1,614
Bronco Info: 1985 xl 300/c6,f 250 tow rig,1946 rat rod ford truck
iTrader: (2)
i would build a hot rod, if you build the rite one you shouldnt loose any money on it when you go to sell and may turn a profit. i sold my 3 bronco's and i am building a 46 ford bobber truck and have a 30 model a coupe in the garage that will be my next project. way more satisfying than tearing up shit than spending money to fix........break/fix/break/fix/break/fix....................vicious cycle.

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHorse! View Post
man somebody should be doing a product review on his mothers vagina hole it's popping out pure stupid
scott 351 wins is offline  
post #86 of 86 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Registered User
 
dualthrush2s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 369
Bronco Info: 78 Bronco Ranger XLT
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
Early Broncos came in 3 flavors: U13 = Roadster, U14 = Half Cab, U15 = Wagon. The open one you're referring to is the Roadster. Original U13's are really expensive, but the good thing is you can convert any Bronco to any of the different types - all bolt on stuff. My trail rig is a U15 Wagon but has been converted to a Roadster with door inserts, soft doors and a soft top.

All early Broncos came from the factory with "half covered wheels" as you put it. These are known as "uncuts" and also demand a premium. The ones you like have had the rear quarters cut and probably flares installed. Most EB's have been cut - that's why the uncuts can cost more. Hefty got the prices right, although you can still pick up a rusty non-running EB for about $1000 to $1500. I think the best are the 73-75's - they have all the goodies like ps, auto, D44 up front and J-shift T-case. Some people prefer the 76-77's because they had factory front disks but they also have a funky inverted Y steering set up. So since it's easy to add disks to the 73-75's, I prefer them. Good Luck!
Awsome info man i appreciate it. So when there considered cut, there referring to the rear wheel wells. I didnt know that so i guess i wudnt mind if i got a cut one i just want one to have as a wheeler and cruiser dont have to be perfect thanks again

Aint that some shit

78 Bronco Ranger XLT-351m c6 205 3" BL 33" A/T's
Jericho Build Thread
dualthrush2s is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Bronco Forum > Other Forums > General Discussion/ Bronco and Wheeling related.

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Bronco Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. DO NOT USE Gmail.com accounts. If you only have a Gmail.com email please contact the administrator here

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome